Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

WOW!!!

by youstruckout2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 pm

What is going on around NWI with these 10 U 11 U 12 U "Fastpitch" Girls Softball Teams where the managers and coaches don't know the first thing about managing or coaching a softball team, let alone a supposedly higher level A or B travel team? :o

And what is it with these parents who have a kid or two on these teams that have been playing "travel softball" :lol: for more than a year and these kids don't even know the basics, have poor habits and no skills. :( It all seems to be "daddy" or "mommy" ball. :roll: Can anyone please post some teams near NWI where someone can get in touch with a decent fastpitch girls softball team that isn't a political nighmare etc. :cry:
youstruckout2

by snoop » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm

First.. 11U Isn't a age group...minus USSSA and that doesn't count!

Second.. No such thing as a "High" level "B" team!

Third... They are 10u and 12u....That's when they learn the basics! And will continue to though college!

Fourth... Parents?? You MUST be new! Start a new team..That's what everybody does these days! Just pick a new name..you don't want to be the 4th team in a tourney with the same name! Unless your GOLD!! :lol:
snoop

by youstruckout2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Gee wiz snoop didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled. :x We are not new to the game. We're new to the area, having just moved here from the southwest. You must be one of the managers and coaches I am referring too given the ill informed and slightly hostile response I received. :x Just wanted to find a quality program with quality staff! Guess there aren't any! :shock:

Maybe you should do some research. :oops: There are 11U teams and 11U only tournaments! I understand most age groups and programs field teams in the 10U and 12U age groups and the "higher level" that I was talking about "travel ball" programs that are suppose to be a higher level than say town ball or all stars. It seems alot of these "travel ball" programs here are "daddy" or "mommy" ball.

Maybe I should start drinking so I can be best buds with the managers or coaches and get into an eighth grade click with the delusional parents!!!

Maybe I will start a new team, :idea: seems like the thing to do in this part of the country. I certainly couldn't do any worse than the ones I have seen in NWI. Thanks for the advice though.
youstruckout2

by slapperdad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 am

youstruckout2 wrote:Gee wiz snoop didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled. :x
I'm not sure anyone got their "feathers ruffled". However, if not ruffling feathers, what's the point of your post?
We are not new to the game.
Could have fooled me.
We're new to the area, having just moved here from the southwest.
Southwest what?
You must be one of the managers and coaches I am referring too given the ill informed and slightly hostile response I received. :x
I'm quite certain he probably is, but I'll let him speak for himself.
Just wanted to find a quality program with quality staff!
Perhaps you should take your own advice, do some research. The Softball community in Indiana isn't that big, it doesn't take long to figure out what's what.
Guess there aren't any! :shock:
I have no idea. We don't have any in my area, it wasn't really that shocking.
There are 11U teams and 11U only tournaments!
Could you provide links to said tournaments?
I understand most age groups and programs field teams in the 10U and 12U age groups and the "higher level" that I was talking about "travel ball" programs that are suppose to be a higher level than say town ball or all stars. It seems alot of these "travel ball" programs here are "daddy" or "mommy" ball.
Either I need to start reading at a higher level or you need to start typing at a higher level.
Maybe I should start drinking so I can be best buds with the managers or coaches and get into an eighth grade click with the delusional parents!!!
You had me at "start drinking".
Maybe I will start a new team, :idea:
That's what I'm talking about!
Thanks for the advice though.
I'm just trying to give back!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by snoop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Struckout2... No feathers ruffled here! Yes.. I WAS a coach the last 10 years! Not any more...girls are in college now. Never said there wasn't 11U...said USSSA didn't count! If there are others..never played them! We played ASA from 2nd Year 12s on, with a few NSA here and there early. Not sure about up north...but in Indy, travel ball means leaving the 465 loop by most of the teams in those age groups. Drinking would be smart..Hotel parking lots worked well for some of us old timers!! Right Slap? As far as good teams... Get ahold of Bake(PM him)..he's on here. He's been around a long time,i don't know him personally,but have heard some good things! Chicago always has a few good teams and they play ASA for the most part! Good luck..let me know how the drinking works for ya! I've got a great cooler bucket for ya!! Keeps ice all weekend! Can't get it in the swimming pool, that's the sport my youngest is into!! You think weekends at the ball fields are long...go to a swim meet! :o
snoop

by youstruckout2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the response. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. Just trying to figure the in and outs of the softball movement here in NWI. Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving.
youstruckout2

by bucketboy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 pm

snoop wrote:Struckout2... No feathers ruffled here! Yes.. I WAS a coach the last 10 years! Not any more...girls are in college now. Never said there wasn't 11U...said USSSA didn't count! If there are others..never played them! We played ASA from 2nd Year 12s on, with a few NSA here and there early. Not sure about up north...but in Indy, travel ball means leaving the 465 loop by most of the teams in those age groups. Drinking would be smart..Hotel parking lots worked well for some of us old timers!! Right Slap? As far as good teams... Get ahold of Bake(PM him)..he's on here. He's been around a long time,i don't know him personally,but have heard some good things! Chicago always has a few good teams and they play ASA for the most part! Good luck..let me know how the drinking works for ya! I've got a great cooler bucket for ya!! Keeps ice all weekend! Can't get it in the swimming pool, that's the sport my youngest is into!! You think weekends at the ball fields are long...go to a swim meet! :o

Trust me his feathers weren't ruffled because lord knows I tried a time or two...LMAO Struckout we want to help guys like you that won't settle for Mommy/Daddy ball and are willing to do all you can for your DD. That will also include letting time slip away from you while drinking in a hotel parking lot at nationals are when you realize the sun is coming up and you have a 9:30 am game you Cowboy up and sweat it out in the heat for a group of great kids. Swimming Snoop? How the hell you going to keep the grill lit with all that water around.
bucketboy

by snoop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Didn't offend me!! Done this long enough!! This is for fun!! Just put out my opion! If your really new..you've learned alot already of softball these days! Way to many teams, talent spread WAY to thin! Way to many people who haven't been there and think they know the way! NEVER thought i was very good, but listened to people i knew were! There are a few good programs out there..they won't be hard to find! Let me know when your in Indy...we can meet in that hotel parking lot! I'll bring the bucket, i bet Slap could be talked into a few cold ones!!!Maybe a few more old timers!! Bucketboy..Gunshy..JAG1..so on! for some reason they don't allow "cold ones" in the parking lot of a High School during a swim meet! :D Kinda miss the hotel parking lots with the sun coming up! :oops:
snoop

by snoop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Dang Bucket.....don't you have anything better to do at this time of night?? ;) YES..swimming!! Being indoors sucks!! But.. it is VERY cool watching her enjoy something SHE is VERY good at and not trying to be her sisters! But there is no umpire to yell at! Although.. one good thing is, if you coach it, parents can't Bi**H at you!! your kid is fast or she's not! The clock doesn't lie! :D
snoop

by bucketboy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 am

After thinking about it the swimming thing doesn't sound bad. No 300 dollar bats, 200 gloves etc....Glad to hear she is doing her own thing, but then again guess she has kinda done that her whole life. :D I'm sure there are those parents out there that have excuses as to why their kid isn't as fast in the pool. Too much chlorine. Didn't have her fast suit on...LOL

Think we need a man cave session soon.
bucketboy

Next

Return to IN