Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Top 14u-16u teams

by Bake » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Hey Bradley, I might be a little bias here but I think our NWI White Sox 14u team should be in the top ten 14u teams in Indiana, possibly the top five. Maybe you did not get to see this team play this fall, most of the fall season they played up.

www.nwisoxfastpitch.com
Bake

by I Love Fastpitch » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 am

Bake's right. I've seen his White Sox play and they are definitely at or near the top, and more deserving than at least half of the teams on Bradley's list. The Diamonds, White Sox and Magic Gold are proven commodities. Everyone else has to step up and prove it. From the 99 teams mentioned, I definitely like the Xtreme and Gators-Whitiker. They have looked great against 14-B teams and I am looking forward to seeing how they fair against the elite teams at that age group. The Phoenix played a B schedule last year with mixed results and really have a lot to prove before they can be considered for this group.
I Love Fastpitch

by StimpCity » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:26 am

Were the majority of the teams at the Monster Mash for 14s B teams?
Or at least the teams that finished in the upper half?

thank you
StimpCity

by SBradley » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 am

It was just a listing of 14u teams, not a ranking. Was bored at work and looked up info on the pgf and NSA website. Wasnt sure if Sox were a Chicago or Indiana team. Although they did get beat 10-2 by one of the teams on the list. But, by looking at the results, I would assume the Diamonds are leading the way. Magic Gold lost some players, so not sure were that leads them. Several good teams on list.
SBradley

by I Love Fastpitch » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 am

StimpCity wrote:Were the majority of the teams at the Monster Mash for 14s B teams?
Or at least the teams that finished in the upper half?

thank you

6 of the top 12 are registered as class B, including the Irish who took first place. 10 of the remaining 13 who participated are registered as class B. Stimp, The Monster Mash is a very nice NSA fall tourney with some quality competition, but it is not an elite event by any means. I think the Xtreme team which you seem to be leaning towards is very good and has great potential, but they are going to have to prove it to me before I rank them at the top. As I said before, I like your team a lot.
I Love Fastpitch

by Bake » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Get it together Bradley......
1.) The "NWI" stands for NORTHWEST INDIANA we are not a Chicago program.
2.) Please check the scores again, our 14u team did not lose any games to anyone on your list by a score of 10-1. I only want to set the facts straight.

www.nwisoxfastpitch.com
Bake

by Kidcanhit02 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Am I wrong or does roster for NWI have 2 girls from Andrew HS (Orland Park, IL), 1 girl from Minooka, IL, and a girl from Providence Catholic (Chicago school, IL). So you are a mixture of Illinois and Indiana? Regardless good program.
Kidcanhit02
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SBradley » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Bake wrote:Get it together Bradley......
1.) The "NWI" stands for NORTHWEST INDIANA we are not a Chicago program.
2.) Please check the scores again, our 14u team did not lose any games to anyone on your list by a score of 10-1. I only want to set the facts straight.

http://www.nwisoxfastpitch.com

You guys will play in the Chicago Metro ASA, so you can understand my confusion on which state you represent.

Oh yea - Update the 14u scores on your webpage. :o
SBradley

by StimpCity » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 pm

I Love Fastpitch,

What are the elite tourneys you mention? I guess I am out of the loop. What are some of the elite tourneys for 12U and 14U?
StimpCity

by slapperdad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Stimp, many second year 14's and pretty much all the better 16's play exposure events in the fall, I suppose they could be considered elite events. Since my DD's first year of 14's I can maybe remember a couple of competitive tournaments in the fall. I think both of them were PGF fall events at Midwest.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

PreviousNext

Return to IN