Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Best NWI Softball Program?

by roundingthird » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 am

Who do you "posters" think the best softball organizations are in NWI??? Rank em!!!
roundingthird

by Random Thoughts » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 am

That's easy. The Valpo Phoenix is the best progam in NWI by far. Their e-teamz add stated coaching staff "surpasses any organization in the area". After making a claim like this, you know it's only a matter of time before they improve upon a 33rd place finish at NSA B World Series.
Random Thoughts

by ejnine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Random Thoughts wrote:That's easy. The Valpo Phoenix is the best progam in NWI by far. Their e-teamz add stated coaching staff "surpasses any organization in the area". After making a claim like this, you know it's only a matter of time before they improve upon a 33rd place finish at NSA B World Series.

wow
ejnine

by smum1995 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:45 pm

ejnine wrote:
Random Thoughts wrote:That's easy. The Valpo Phoenix is the best progam in NWI by far. Their e-teamz add stated coaching staff "surpasses any organization in the area". After making a claim like this, you know it's only a matter of time before they improve upon a 33rd place finish at NSA B World Series.

wow

I have heard that one of the 14u coaches has stepped away and now the Varsity Assistant Coaches job has been listed as available on the schools human resources web page. Maybe they shouldn't be considered the "Best NWI Softball Program" any longer??? Guess they will have to change their eteamz posting. Can anyone confirm this or have any comments?
smum1995

by Random Thoughts » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:39 am

First of all smum1995, 14U didn't lose a coach. They are one big happy family. Sure they have their disagreements but who doesn't. With regards to the coaching vacancy, you are making a much bigger deal out of it than it really is, and I will address this later in my post. The Phoenix is the premier organization in NWI, bar none.

Let's start with the 12U Phoenix. After losing all of their good players to the Aftermath, they were able to beat a very good Indiana Raiders Silver team while winning 1st place at the NSA Spooktacular in Portage.

The coaching vacancy at Valparaiso High School will be a positive thing for the Phoenix. The 14U coach is no longer faced with the burdon of having to adhere to those onerous and byzantine IHSAA regulations, and no longer has to be side tracked by the ambition of becoming the next Head Coach at VHS. That's all behind them now and they can focus solely on the goal of keeping the Phoenix at the top.

They have been unjustly accused of being a daddy/mommyball team, and nothing could be further from the truth. The head coach personally gets involved in the team statistics to ensure accurate data to assist them in getting the best players in positions which give the team the best chance to be successful. For example, if the team scorekeeper charges the starting 1st baseman with 3 errors in one game, the head coach may change those errors to errors on another player or base hits if the scorekeeper is deemed wrong by the head coach. This way the starting 1st basemen doesn't have the pressure of unjust scrutiny and keeps the team drama to a minimum by having the empirical data to support the coaching decisions, even if they don't make sense to anyone else.

Of course the Phoenix is the top program in NWI!
Random Thoughts

by RockerLover » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:34 am

Random Thoughts wrote:Let's start with the 12U Phoenix.

Ok - You've left us longing for more. You started and then......forgot the rest?

Random Thoughts wrote:while winning 1st place at the NSA Spooktacular in Portage.

They won a 4 team B tournament. While a nice accomplishment, it's nothing more than that.
RockerLover

by Doubleplayallday » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:03 am

RockerLover wrote:
Random Thoughts wrote:Let's start with the 12U Phoenix.

Ok - You've left us longing for more. You started and then......forgot the rest?

Random Thoughts wrote:while winning 1st place at the NSA Spooktacular in Portage.

They won a 4 team B tournament. While a nice accomplishment, it's nothing more than that.

I was thinking the same thing..... I want my 2 mins back I wasted on reading that. WOW!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Doubleplayallday

by Hoosier_daddy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 am

The best organization in Nwi is not the Phoenix. You can't claim to be the best program if you never been to an ASA national. Now that we are clear on that... Back to the topic. Nwi Sox, Cp dogs, and the Raiders only at the higher age groups are all a better option for best organization.
Hoosier_daddy

by I Love Fastpitch » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 am

Hoosier daddy, I'm pretty sure that was a sarcastic post. No one in their right mind would call the Phoenix the top program in the area.
I Love Fastpitch

by HoosierBBall » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Why not just stick to the best team in each age group. Just because an organization has one strong team, that doesn't make it "the best". When every age group in an organization is dominating, then only can you start talking about who's the best organization.
HoosierBBall

Return to IN