Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Who are the top 12U teams in IN for 2012-2013?

by cpbulldogfan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 am

C.P. Bulldogs00 has a great returning core group of girls, so they get my vote!
cpbulldogfan

by slapperdad » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:55 am

Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by The_Observer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 am

cpbulldogfan wrote:C.P. Bulldogs00 has a great returning core group of girls, so they get my vote!

Really cpbulldogfan? Your team lost it's top players due to age and you think the remaining players are good enough to be a top contender in the state? Pretty bold statement!

In NWI, from this past season, I see the NWI White Sox as being one of the top teams in the state, if they can add a handful of good players to the soild core they had last year.

Other than the NWI White Sox, I haven't heard of any other teams that should be considered one of the best teams from NWI. And after going to some tryouts, definitely haven't seen any.
The_Observer

by Likeitornot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 am

After watching some Tryouts, 12u is going to be painfull this year. The big thing missing, pitching. Not a lot out there at this level it seems like. I actually think there isn't one team that will take it this year. I have a feeling they will all go back and forth. Should be an interesting year.
Likeitornot

by tita1269 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:39 am

The Gators are always top contenders, I would also add the Bombers, who played in a couple of 12U tourneys last season and came in 3rd in one of them, and the Mafia showed that they're one of the top teams. It will be interesting, it seems that a lot of teams are going through many changes....we will see in the Spring!
tita1269

by Amish_TB » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 am

Viewpoints from a fan from North Central Indiana
=====================================
My team is moving up to 14U this year, but our 11U team (Harris Heat 2000) from this past season was very solid. Did a nice job at the NSA North Tournament, earned a #1 seed and did well in bracket play. They will have a solid pitching staff of 3 girls, good speed and solid defense on the team. Have to see how their new additions will impact their team. I know they added speed to the lineup.

I think if the Warriors keep their team intact they too will be a team to really watch.

Indiana Thunder 12U should also be better. Their pitching will be better and should be a solid team 1-12.

I also really like CP 2000 because, I really do like their program and how they teach. Have to improve team speed a little bit and get a little more power within the lineup. If they can replace their #1 pitcher with their 11u girl from last season, add another pitcher, improve their catching a little bit, they too will be a force.

Have to also keep Indiana Chaos on your radar screen. I am not sure how many kids move up, but I am fairly sure they were not losing everyone on that team. I know their head coach is moving up and that could make an impact.

IMHO, for those of you who ever think a 11U dominated team can honestly compete and consistently beat solid 12U dominated teams need to start taking off the sunglasses - not gonna happen.

Bill Bollinger
Harris Heat 99
Amish_TB

by river rat » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Now that after all the drama has settled for us at Warrior Softball(like im sure every other team has experienced), we will be merging with the Valpo Phoenix ELITE program. I couldn't agree more with all of the posts in the last year i've seen on heybucket about getting skilled kids together on one team instead of having mediocre softball between two teams! ;) posting.php?mode=reply&f=410&t=42709#
river rat

by Likeitornot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Wow river rat that sounds like a good combo! I have heard some teams haven't been able to field a 12u because attendance at Tryouts was scarce. Nwi sox roster is posted, mostly same cast of characters but picked up a couple team energy girls.. Who's playing where this fall? I want to see these teams play.
Likeitornot

by snoop » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm

IMHO, for those of you who ever think a 11U dominated team can honestly compete and consistently beat solid 12U dominated teams need to start taking off the sunglasses - not gonna happen.

Hey Amish...sure it can happen! Been there done that! Dreams93 and Shockwaves 93 did it at 12u and a year of 14u and moved up to 16u! Did that to be tested! It worked!! Then we put the teams together and finished 5th and 4th at ASA Nationals."A" not"B"!! This 11U and 12U stuff is crap.
There is no 11u(unless you play USSSA)! You guys should really look to the people who have done it in the past for advise(Gunshy,Slap, Bucketboy, Killer!) I can even show you how to grill and hold a proper "parent/Coaches meeting in the hotel parking lot! Your problem with pitching is getting kids...not dads that want to put in the work!!! I've talk with younger dads and every kid has 10 pitches at 12 yrs old! My kid pitched...when i let her..(shut up gunshy) and had a pretty decent career with 3 pitches! The girls have to work! You guys have to get over the trying to beat someone mode and look out for the girls! Took us awhile also, your about there so start making the changes! Combine teams, don't make new ones! And play "A" ball! You'll never get into an a good "exposure" tourney playing "B" ball Oh well, i need a beer!! Have at it! 8-)
snoop

by GwenB31 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey Amish I could not agree with you more. Yes Warrior's were going to be a great contender, but a few decided to dismantel a long standing softball team commitment. It is a shame they could not just be upfront and honest and keep the 7 girl's that ended up going to two seperate teams, when if they were honest the 7 could of stayed together and been a warrior softball, instead of dis-manteling them, It is fine though The 7 girl's will grow this year more than last!!
GwenB31

Next

Return to IN