Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

fall 2008 16u

by looking in » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:58 am

Canocorn,
Who do you play with(or your dd)? To get in the sparks or stingray this early you have had to play in them before. They are not open to the "public" yet. Invites to team who have played in them have been sent out, but not to the "public"! Everybody is dead on, with the ASA/exposure issues!! You will have to decide which route to take! ASA is not making it easy, they could easily make some changes to the Qaulifiers so everybody could do both! Since all the exposures are "ASA" sanctioned !!
looking in

by Canocorn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 am

Landis cashed our check two weeks ago for Sparks, same with Rudy. This would be our first year for both. We are a pretty good team I guess. 8-) Our coaches belief is that we need to play as many games as possible every weekend and be seen by as many coaches as possible every weekend. Not really worried about trophies or placement, just about performing in a manner that will reflect positively on the team and individual players. It seems to be working. Had several colleges watch us this weekend and several business cards were handed out.
Canocorn

by looking in » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 am

Good deal! That's a great schedule!! $650 for the sparks is a crime though! To play with the best i guess we have to pay the most!! Good luck!
looking in

by Canocorn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm

I think anything over $300 for a tournament is a crime. It is starting to turn into a sport for the elite, much like golf unfortunately. I know some good ballplayers that cant afford to play because of the high team fees, and all the travel costs.
Canocorn

Previous

Return to IN