Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Leave Your Daughters Alone

by Doesitreallymatter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Stop "living the dream" and allow your kids to grow up without the constant travel games, hitting and pitching coaches, and tirades. Their education is what is most important. What, you are going to spend $20,000 to get a $20,000 scholarship at a low level division III school? Wake up and enjoy your daughters before it is too late. Sound advice from a parent who has been there.
Doesitreallymatter

by PairOfAces » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Doesitreallymatter wrote:Stop "living the dream" and allow your kids to grow up without the constant travel games, hitting and pitching coaches, and tirades. Their education is what is most important. What, you are going to spend $20,000 to get a $20,000 scholarship at a low level division III school? Wake up and enjoy your daughters before it is too late. Sound advice from a parent who has been there.

Where have you been? DIII doesn't give scholarships. :roll:
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 am

Doesitreallymatter wrote:Stop "living the dream" and allow your kids to grow up without the constant travel games, hitting and pitching coaches, and tirades. Their education is what is most important. What, you are going to spend $20,000 to get a $20,000 scholarship at a low level division III school? Wake up and enjoy your daughters before it is too late. Sound advice from a parent who has been there.

I have no idea what I spent on travel ball. But the time I got to spend with my kid, watching her chase her dream, to me any way was priceless. Getting a NAIA scholarship, getting a degree in 3 1/2 years, walking away from school with no debt into a pretty kick ass job, it was awesome. Traveling from California to Florida and many points in between watching her play college ball, including two World Series, ending her career at the World Series, was truly special. She lived her dream, sports and being an athlete taught her so much, gave her tools that she will use well past her playing career. I can see in her work ethic, the way she manages her time, how she views coworkers as teammates and how they're all working for the common good of the organization.

My advice would be help your kid(s) find something they're passionate about. Give them the tools they need and let them chase it. I have no idea whether my advice is sound or not, but I assure you I have been there and done that. I have a few of the T-shirts left, but I have a lifetime of memories and friends.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Hinky » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm

thanks for sharing slapper-dad good stuff
Hinky

Return to IN