Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

P3 Bat Speed wotkout

by sftballguru » Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Curious, did you stop the workouts?

You have now played 16 games and have only 3 more HRs to total 20. Your team also has a team bavg under .300

Just curious why the lack of production?

A quick look shows that the team was sub .300 last year as well with 18 HRs and 1 girl had 9 last year while only 1 this year.

Please explain why these results show how great of a program your bat speed program is.
sftballguru

by Tyler Durden » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 am

I'm excited to hear this reply.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dark Angel Coach » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Sftballguru

Thanks for your interest!

Last year I introduced the P3 and they got their feet wet. And we set the Westfield HR record at 18.
This year its part of our warm up before hitting and games.
The decline after the fast start was due to the focus we put on our defense. We needed to shore that up and P3 and hitting wasn't a priority. And our hitting went south along with our confidence!

The last week to 10 days we have hit the cage and P3 hard! We're starting to come out of our funk just in time for Sectionals.

The girl that hit 9 last year was putting pressure on herself and her swing and confidence just wasn't the same, she has now regained her swing and confidence!

We have now played 22 games and have 25 HRs!
There are other local girls that have participated in the P3 workout this past Winter, A. Taylor (HSE) A. Chavez (Fishers)
I.Moore (Yorktown)

If you would like to talk in person about the program? Text or call me @317-319-8104
Dark Angel Coach

by sftballguru » Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 pm

You mean you are just a touch over .300 now and hit a few more HRs against teams with an avg of around 4.40ERA?

You tout HRs and give 3 examples, but 1 has 0 HRs and 1 has basically the exact amount as last year.?????
sftballguru

by Dark Angel Coach » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

Sftballguru,

If you just want to bash then go ahead!

If you would like to know more details abour the program call me at 317-319-8104

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Boyd Minton

PS. Our strength of schedule is 10.6
During the season you play very good teams and not so good teams!
Just like every other HS team.
We're in the top ten in HRs!
And as I stated on a earlier post the kids still need hitting lessons!
Dark Angel Coach

by Hinky » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am

sftballguru wrote:You mean you are just a touch over .300 now and hit a few more HRs against teams with an avg of around 4.40ERA?

You tout HRs and give 3 examples, but 1 has 0 HRs and 1 has basically the exact amount as last year.?????

reflecting on this post. simply is pointing out facts that are given towards the statistics of the team. I did not read it as bashing at all.

one person hitting nearly 50% of the homeruns seems like you have a good hitter vs. minimal statistic change of entire team average which was pointed out by softball Guru.

to the point of bat speed- conversations have grown towards exit speed, how hard the ball is hit, being more important.
Skills testing clinics are measuring both bat speed and exit speed, are finding that bat speed faster does not always equate to exit speed. obviously poor mechanics would explain a week bat angle traveling through the Zone versus strong mechanics making solid contact.
so in other words just because someone has a fast bat speed doesn't mean they are having a good swing connecting solid result great exit speed.
Best of luck building your team!
Hinky

by Dark Angel Coach » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:26 am

Hinky,

You're right, you need good mechanics to go with the bat speed. Some girls have better swings than others do to private hitting lessons and playing for high level travel programs. At Westfield we're still building the program and are improving each year. When we started the rebuilding of the softball program they had 1 sectional win in their 19 years of existence! Not a Sectional Championship, but 1 win total!

The softball program wasn't anywhere close to the other HCC schools. Carmel, HSE, Noblesville, Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg. And now Franklin Central is being added to this Conference.

We graduated 4 Seniors last year, only 1 played travel ball and 3 of the 4 were starters for Varsity.
I'm giving this information to show where WHS is and was, and how far we've come.
We play in one of the top Conference's in the state and we lead in HRs despite only hitting around 300 as a team. So I truly believe that bat speed does help.

The Bat Speed I teach does help their mechanics because it is hard to swing fast with bad mechanics.
Bat Speed and good mechanics = exit speed.

Most of our Westfield girls are now getting Instruction and are playing travel (probably 60-70% ) so we should see the team average increase this year.
I'll post again (good or bad) on how our season goes.
Thanks for your interest.
If you wanted more information or have questions feel free to text or call me @ 317-319-8104

Thanks,
Coach Boyd
Dark Angel Coach

by sftballguru » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 am

Come on! Where is our update? Power numbers do not look like they are up. 5 HRs for 1 kid, 6 total for the team. Team BAvg below .290

Did you stop using the program?
sftballguru

by C77fastpitch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 am

I live in California now, but couldn't pass this up. Dark Angle coach, don't you know who your talking to? Softball-guru, he says it himself, that's his name! He thinks he's a softball guru, talk about your big head know it all! He probably named a park after himself. Softball Guru PLEASE! More like softball goof-ball!!
C77fastpitch

by slapperdad » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Didn't the California Bar lower the scoring to pass the Bar Exam?
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Next

Return to IN