Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by Hurricane » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 am

come on everyone....let's get back to the title of the thread, please?

Here's another gem from SoCal: an assistant coach (for one of the top organizations) provides (charges) hitting/pitching/catching lessons (must be an expert to provide all of these services).....if you don't take lessons from this coach, your chances of getting more playing time is very limited. Also, a very close relative of the team is the head coach! ha

This assistant coach also helps with recruiting....what a racket! If you don't take lessons from this assistant coach nor pay for recruiting services, your DD is gradually relegated to the bench and college scouts have no clue about your DD. What a racket!

Many organizations are allowing this to happen with way too much frequency. It's a money grab....and...yes, it's disgusting.

IF these organizations cannot police themselves on corruption and money-laundering of the future of children, will the Feds then come in and question if it violates any RICO statutes?

At some point, the bubble will have to burst. It's not a matter of IF....it's only a matter of WHEN.

Shame on these adults taking advantage of children playing a game.
Hurricane

by Mark H » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah, youth sports is big business now. I hear we are not even close to being in the lead on that in terms of big business and expense.

C77
$100
Mark H

by PDad » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Hurricane wrote:IF these organizations cannot police themselves on corruption and money-laundering of the future of children, will the Feds then come in and question if it violates any RICO statutes?

Hmm... I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see the basis for those criminal charges. I believe RICO enables prosecution of people they can't directly charge with committing crimes.

Perhaps there is a real lawyer on here that can provide a credible opinion.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cannonball » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:01 pm

First, thank you Mark for the compliment. As an FYI, Mark is more than humble saying that he is "just a dad." Mark has rendered help to so many young hitters in both baseball and softball that I could not even venture a guess as to how many he has helped. To be sure, his advice and guidance was very important to me and my child as she went through the ranks. She turned out just fine.

C77, I'm not a regular participant on this site and so, keep that in mind. I have read many threads here with your participation and have come under your scrutiny before. When you decide to do that and judge others, expect the same back. I see many similarities between your posts and the posts of a person who post on the Ultimate College Softball website. That poster also questions the ability of any male to be a qualified coach of young ladies.

I posted my thoughts on coaching in good faith because I've coached for 30 years and have had a great deal of success. I want to help others and so, share stuff from time to time. No, my success wasn't because I'm some type of world beater coach but rather, I have had outstanding players who hate to lose as much as I do and so, make sure to go into game better prepared than our competition. C77, when you weigh in on these various threads, the validity of your responses does come into question when you seem to have posted contradictory information.

Take care,

Darrell Butler (CoachB25 on some sites.)
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by SDTitans » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 am

Hurricane wrote:come on everyone....let's get back to the title of the thread, please?

Here's another gem from SoCal: an assistant coach (for one of the top organizations) provides (charges) hitting/pitching/catching lessons (must be an expert to provide all of these services).....if you don't take lessons from this coach, your chances of getting more playing time is very limited. Also, a very close relative of the team is the head coach! ha

This assistant coach also helps with recruiting....what a racket! If you don't take lessons from this assistant coach nor pay for recruiting services, your DD is gradually relegated to the bench and college scouts have no clue about your DD. What a racket!

Many organizations are allowing this to happen with way too much frequency. It's a money grab....and...yes, it's disgusting.

IF these organizations cannot police themselves on corruption and money-laundering of the future of children, will the Feds then come in and question if it violates any RICO statutes?

At some point, the bubble will have to burst. It's not a matter of IF....it's only a matter of WHEN.

Shame on these adults taking advantage of children playing a game.

What organization and what coaches?
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 pm

They know, SDTitan. They know it's being done. It is NOT BB or FC, however.
Hurricane

by Dowhatulike » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:37 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Dowhatulike- What does this mean? Firstly, why do you feel he is crying? Secondly, why did you just recopy what he wrote, we could have read that the first time. His reference to statements that are designed to prove expertise, but instead indicate adherence to conventional wisdom, in my opinion are spot on. By the way, many coaches do get paid to coach travel ball teams. Many coaches are paid out of the entry fee, while others are paid indirectly by advertising their hitting and pitching lessons. Coaching travel ball has become big business in many locations.

Oh stop!!!! Trying to use big words like your.........Ive been there done that so stop like you know everything :lol: :lol: It is called Quote by the way and a lot of those coaches that get paid to coach aren't at the top of the food chain so stop seriously!!!! I know there are some but there is no need unless you on top of the food chain in this business. Nice try smarty pants :o :o
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Perfect.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to IN