Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by LeftyHitter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 am

I think Hare's point is that since 2011 or so, the bats all have about the same max performance because they all have to meet the same exit speed parameters. There might be differences in sweet spot size, etc. but most of them are very similar and though the bat companies don't want you to know, there haven't been major changes the past few years. That also means that one companies bats don't perform much differently then anothers. It's really all about the paint job and which one feels better to your DD. :lol: There were many discussions on the Bucket about this back in that time period. Even had the head of Anderson Bat Company have a lengthy discussions about it all. So C77 saying the bats are hotter now than ever isn't quite true. They are actually not quite as hot as back in the late 00's, even less hot than the early 00's, (remember the original yellow Catalyst?) and haven't changed much for the last few years. Yes, the bats are still much better than back when we were growing up, but in fastpitch, in MY OPINIION, the thing that's changed the most is, there is a higher amount of athletes that are stronger and have better mechanics in the last 10 years.
Edited to add: The other thing that has changed at HS and below is when they moved the pitcher back 3 feet a few years ago. Elite pitchers can no longer just throw it by everyone. For this reason I don't think anyone will ever touch Dumezich's record of 489 K's in a season or 1651 in a career.

On a different topic, Anderson is a company you don't hear much about lately. They were a HeyBucket favorite for a while, probably because they were based in SoCal and even sponsered a few teams. You used to see quite a few RockeTechs out there at higher levels of travel, but not many any more. I looked at their website and they still offer a RT and was surprised to see they also had a composite fastpitch model.
LeftyHitter

by Safebyahare » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 am

Couple things. Thank you Leftyhitter for your response, I sometimes struggle explaining or conveying the correct information and can get off track and blather easily.(fact)

Item1. I only wanted to use one manufacture that has a stable series model.I also used the example of Demarini because they have been the most consistent bat manufacture when it comes to women fast pitch. They have not deviated far from their course, unlike Easton with the Clariton or that black and yellow piece of crap from 2013, Or Worth with their broken neck Legit or no pop Sick, or Louisville with broken neck end cap Catalyst or rattle Xeno. I like Demarini. (This is an opion)

Item2. I spent over an hour an half yesterday attempting to find differences in design and evolution the CF series, I called Demarini marketing design twice with no response. I definitely recall reading(or seeing on video) that two of the versions had very little or no change in design other than paint scheme. (it may have been one of those Texas big boys bat rolling comparisons videos) It is not like they would admit this anyway,, they are in the market of selling a product.(fact)

Item3. It is difficult to find real unbiased facts without running into sale lines or sale pitches and terms. (fact)
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 pm

LeftyHitter wrote:On a different topic, Anderson is a company you don't hear much about lately. They were a HeyBucket favorite for a while, probably because they were based in SoCal and even sponsered a few teams. You used to see quite a few RockeTechs out there at higher levels of travel, but not many any more. I looked at their website and they still offer a RT and was surprised to see they also had a composite fastpitch model.

Steven Anderson, aka Tumblebug, lost control of ABC several years ago and later moved to MN. He posted on here last December (see not sure how to handle this . . .) and his wife blogged about what occurred at ABC. The current ABC is not the original company - it is a DBA of the investors that purchased ABC's assets.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:50 pm

I just want to store this here.
I will retrieve and update later.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9499,d.eXY
Well this was a bad spot to leave this. :lol:
I surrender, Too much wasted time trying to find data,testing, real results.
Last edited by Safebyahare on Fri May 01, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LeftyHitter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 pm

PDad wrote:
LeftyHitter wrote:On a different topic, Anderson is a company you don't hear much about lately. They were a HeyBucket favorite for a while, probably because they were based in SoCal and even sponsered a few teams. You used to see quite a few RockeTechs out there at higher levels of travel, but not many any more. I looked at their website and they still offer a RT and was surprised to see they also had a composite fastpitch model.

Steven Anderson, aka Tumblebug, lost control of ABC several years ago and later moved to MN. He posted on here last December (see not sure how to handle this . . .) and his wife blogged about what occurred at ABC. The current ABC is not the original company - it is a DBA of the investors that purchased ABC's assets.

Thanks PDad for the info. I missed that, it was during a busy holidays. TBug was always a class individual as shown by the post you linked to. Even as he was out of the business he was always offering to answer any questions, but would never say a bad thing about a competitor or compare his product to theirs. I'm sorry to hear he's out of the bat business at this point and wish him well. I don't think it's a coincidence that when he left the management position of ABC that they have fallen off the map. My daughter had a green TechZilla (the balanced version of the RockeTech) that was one of her favorite bats of all time until she outgrew it. Tried a NanoTech after that but don’t think that bat ever quite lived up to its’ billing of the next great evolution (not that it was bad by any means). Had to send it in for repair and she used a friend’s Xeno and that was the end of that. We did get 2 replacements in return and still have one NIW (they were a great company to deal with).
LeftyHitter

by ZARDOZ34 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:39 am

slapperdad wrote:This is my daughter's hand from last week, should we jump on the ban metal cleats bandwagon?

Ouch! I remember back in high school metal spikes were banned (around 85 or 86) for 1 year in baseball (don't know about softball). It lasted only 1 year because the foot and ankle injuries skyrocked.
ZARDOZ34

by slapperdad » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:03 pm

I remember that well. NFHS tracks sports injuries, and the year they were banned, injuries in Baseball did in fact go up. I remember a big article in NFHS Monthly about it.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:45 am

In comoediis assentatio, sincere est omnia
Bob Hope
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by GoldElite » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Welcome back Danielle. We have missed you...
GoldElite

Previous

Return to IN