Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Who are the top 10U teams for 2013-2014

by softballmom03 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:37 pm

I believe this topic was a good one this season and I can appreciate the comical banter. While we are being comical, I noticed that the "perfect" season in Indiana was ruined for one Indiana 10u team last weekend. But hey, they are the best 10u team ever and I am certain that they will surely rebound down in Panama at the 'B' USFA World Series...playing two '04 teams in pool play, while even teams they "beat"up on all year at these huge tournaments down south are playing 'A' in the same tournament. Now that's comical. :roll: Enjoy your championship run..news flash...you are a lock..at least you better be..failure is not an option. It's also comical that they are trying to break up teams within their own organization by recruiting players from their own 12u team....wow...now that's teamwork. But hey, it's not all about winning to them..it's about development and learning the game. I dont care who you are...that's funny stuff right there...
softballmom03

by GoldElite » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:21 pm

:shock:
softballmom03 wrote:I believe this topic was a good one this season and I can appreciate the comical banter. While we are being comical, I noticed that the "perfect" season in Indiana was ruined for one Indiana 10u team last weekend. But hey, they are the best 10u team ever and I am certain that they will surely rebound down in Panama at the 'B' USFA World Series...playing two '04 teams in pool play, while even teams they "beat"up on all year at these huge tournaments down south are playing 'A' in the same tournament. Now that's comical. :roll: Enjoy your championship run..news flash...you are a lock..at least you better be..failure is not an option. It's also comical that they are trying to break up teams within their own organization by recruiting players from their own 12u team....wow...now that's teamwork. But hey, it's not all about winning to them..it's about development and learning the game. I dont care who you are...that's funny stuff right there...

I swear that is not me under a different user name!

I have put some thought into the argument (or discussion) of playing in a 'B' national championship. Please allow me to share...

I think it's great that this team is focused on their goal of winning. I think it's great that this team (parents) supports this goal and so willingly defend it...even though they shouldn't have to do so. And I'm actually excited to see how things shake out for them.

I'll be the first to admit that I have questioned a lot of teams registering 'B' when it is so obvious that they compete well beyond that level. But I am not so naive to believe that this only happens in Indy, Indiana, or the Midwest. So, I am pretty sure there are going to be some challenges for any team playing in this tournament.

I do agree, with all the posts about this team that failure is really not an option at this point. But, hey, I'm sure that's not a part of their plan.

I'm not a fan of the organization, per se. But I do wish the Indiana Gators '03 team the best of luck. #RepresentIndiana #WinOrDon'tComeHome

(The last # is a joke)

There, I said something nice and supportive...
GoldElite

by Beast_30 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Softball Mom,
Good to have you back! I believe you started this thread but I hadn't heard from you in a while, glad to see you are still around.

Having a spotless record in Indiana was never a goal, honestly couldn't have dreamed this season would have turned out the way it has. It has been great working with these girls, their parents and honestly most of the coaches, teams and fans that we have played against.

There are 60 plus teams in this "B" World Series, we could have gone to SC and played NSA "A" ball but there are 10 teams in that tourney and 6 of them we have already played and beaten this year...not sure that makes us any better or an "A" team but I will guarantee you it would have been an easier road to a championship trophy.

I watched an '04 from the Texas Chaos in a game today throwing 54 mph on a radar gun with a 38 mph change and a curveball, not sure we have seen that all year long. We play them tomorrow morning in pool play, will be quite the challenge. Feel free to google them, pretty sure you will be able to tell who the pitcher is.

As far as playing '04 teams, ask around Indiana and see how we played the younger teams. I will tell you what we didn't do....score 20 plus runs and allow our girls to keep hitting.

As far as us "recruiting", I think the pot is calling the kettle black on that one. I appreciate you trying to stir up trouble amongst the Gator teams but really I think you have enough on your own plate right now.

We will come home with our head held high no matter how we finish down here, we have had a fantastic season, have a great group of girls and parents and know that next season will be a new challenge. I understand you are upset and that you had higher hopes for your season, just not sure why you are mad at us for your issues.

Gold Elite - thanks for the props, we are coming home regardless but the 10 year olds have to ride in the trunk if they don't win the big "B" trophy.
PS - never would have guessed you didn't like the Gators Organization, thanks for sharing.
Beast_30

by Softballdadx3 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:44 am

softballmom03 wrote:I believe this topic was a good one this season and I can appreciate the comical banter. While we are being comical, I noticed that the "perfect" season in Indiana was ruined for one Indiana 10u team last weekend. But hey, they are the best 10u team ever and I am certain that they will surely rebound down in Panama at the 'B' USFA World Series...playing two '04 teams in pool play, while even teams they "beat"up on all year at these huge tournaments down south are playing 'A' in the same tournament. Now that's comical. :roll: Enjoy your championship run..news flash...you are a lock..at least you better be..failure is not an option. It's also comical that they are trying to break up teams within their own organization by recruiting players from their own 12u team....wow...now that's teamwork. But hey, it's not all about winning to them..it's about development and learning the game. I dont care who you are...that's funny stuff right there...

Well well Beast30 you sure do have a upset one here. I thought we cleared up the A vs B World Series weeks ago. Btw if you have not googled this pitcher Beast 30 speaks of you should wow. Softballmom you are saying they are breaking up teams in the organization how do you know this for fact. Are you part of the team? Recruiting players from other teams are they done with their seasons yet I think not so no team is being broke up. Once the season is over each family makes there choice do their daughter that is best for her no one is paying her to play for them. Haters will be Haters. Good Luck Gators 03 chomp chomp.

And elite I am so proud of you. Had it in you to be nice this whole time. Lol
Softballdadx3

by slapperdad » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:01 am

Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by softballmom03 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 am

.You don't have to be on one of the best teams in the state to see and hear how organizations are run. The worst part is, it is mainly heard from those within. No our girls didn't win as much as you or a few other teams , but they had fun, they improved and competed with organizations like yours and Crush at the end of the season. I know your girls are athletic and all very talented. Not knocking them. I wish them luck this week. But for anyone to be on here defending your recruiting process or the fact that you didn't run up scores on people this year. .I think you better ask those that you beat. I think they would all confirm the level of sportsmanship displayed. Actions on the field speak louder than words on heybucket. Notice that beast didnt address the break up of the '02 team to better serve their needs. Good luck at Nationals everyone from the best to the worst. You wont hear any of them wishing good luck to other local teams.
softballmom03

by softballmom03 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:07 am

Jist saw USFA update on FB Gators 03 8 Amazing first year pitcher from TX Chaos 0..geez that was a tough one. Glad you survived.
softballmom03

by Kidcanhit02 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm

It is not my intent to enter the 10U dialog but simply to make a note of clarification.

Regarding mom’s quote of “Beast did not address the break-up of the ’02 Team.”

This is not an accurate statement. The 2002 Gator Team is alive and well. We are currently preparing for NSA “A” Nationals in Spartanburg, SC and then are returning to Indiana to honor the bid we earned to play in the USA/ASA nationals in Bloomington.

Good luck to EVERYONE on the rest of your seasons. That is all!
Kidcanhit02
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BackwardsK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:47 am

softballmom03 wrote:Jist saw USFA update on FB Gators 03 8 Amazing first year pitcher from TX Chaos 0..geez that was a tough one. Glad you survived.

I saw the same FB post. But I must have skipped over the part where it listed the losing pitcher.

Or, perhaps you are assuming they only have one pitcher? I'm not sure I would pitch my #1 against the Gators '03 in pool play when there is a good chance these two will meet again deep in bracket play.

Of course, now I am assuming the TX team can actually put runs on the board.
BackwardsK

by justthrowtheball » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Well, it's all over now. Let's just be happy that Indiana teams represented so well at World Series across the US. The 03 Crush took first place at NSA in Spartenberg. The 03 Gators took second at USFA in Panama City. Indy's Most Wanted 03 took third at USSSA in Orlando.

Now they will all be different teams as they move up to 12U. John Lamar will probably keep most of his kids. Carter will dump the bottom 3-4 kids. Most Wanted will be completely irrelevant.

That's a wrap for the 2013-14 10U teams. Now hurry up, let's all shuffle for position as 12U so we can get back to posts in a couple weeks.
justthrowtheball

Previous

Return to IN