Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Who are the contenders at the 10U level in 2011?

by choppertwohopper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am

Baker has the only true "A" squad in that state. Not only does he have the horses but he plays an "A" schedule and does not trophy hunt. He leaves the "B" tourneys to the true "B" teams and plays the game right!
choppertwohopper

by illini 1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I havent seen very much yet, but QC Firebirds are still a team to beat (not as good as last year, that was a great team). Sterling Steam will be one to watch out for as well.
illini 1

by GJWTHFUN » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:20 am

Exactly what team does Baker coach ?
GJWTHFUN

by WinThemAll » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:06 am

This will be the last weekend at the Avanti's Dome in Pekin.

10U teams in the mix
Tuscola Force U10
Capital City Blitz U10
Bureau County Blaze 10U
QC. Firebirds USA
BNGSA Angels
Illinois Valley Girls Fastpitch - Aftershock
Team Champion Fitness U10

How will they finish???
WinThemAll

by illini 1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 pm

choppertwhopper, you dont know what you are talking about.... My 10U team and I know of a few others that are playing only A. Yes, unfortnantly there are teams out there that trophy hunt, but when all said and done the teams that play true A will excel because they will get better.

This is not my first rodeo, I have had my teams in the past qualify and play in ASA/USA Nationals and compete there. I would love to challange "bakers" team, Im not saying we will win, but we will compete. We are trying to play ASA (which we are in the qualifier in bloomington, and would play ASA A state if it were not combined.

I have been searching up and down for A tourneys in Illinois that we could play but lack of teams causes us to go else where. I am not a fan of NSA (have had to many bad experiences with NSA) so rather go ASA. If you were to look at my team, you would see that we register A, and we play "A" schedule.
illini 1

by Bake » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Baker is an asst. coach on the 10U NWI White Sox team. We are scheduled to be at the USA/ASA National Qualifier in Normal Illinois, we are looking forward to playing against the fine teams that will be there!! Win or Lose, it will be a great experience for our kids!!

www.nwisoxfastpitch.com
Last edited by Bake on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bake

by WinThemAll » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 pm

WinThemAll wrote:This will be the last weekend at the Avanti's Dome in Pekin.

10U teams in the mix
Tuscola Force U10
Capital City Blitz U10
Bureau County Blaze 10U
QC. Firebirds USA
BNGSA Angels
Illinois Valley Girls Fastpitch - Aftershock
Team Champion Fitness U10

How will they finish???

Capitol City Blitz won the tournament, how did everyone else finish?
WinThemAll

by bngsa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:00 am

Heartland Havoc
Edge Chaos
Downers Grove Outlaws
Mattoon Pride
Wasco Diamonds '00
Team Champion Fitness
Team Oak Stars (if they would stop hiding behind "B")

Haven't seen or heard about these:
Quad City Firebirds USA????
BNGSA Angels
CIGS Rebels

Haven't seen far south teams
Southern Express or Downstate Rippers

there is a BNGSA A 10U tourney on May 13-15 at Champion Fields in Normal, IL. Great opportunity for all these teams to play. See www.illinoisasa.org to sign up for the tourney.
bngsa

by mygirloryourgirl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

ChopperTwoHopper you seem to know alot about 10u's in Indiana and Illinois yet only have strong opinions for NWI Sox and against CP Bulldogs... Some would say real play hasn't even started yet for 10u's... a lot of teams have changed since the fall. And I happen to know a couple parents whose kids play for the sox and they even said they haven't seen some real competition to see where they stand out. Let's start talking once 2 or 3 outside tournaments have passed.

Why don't you jump back over to the Indiana thread and start hiding behind who you are and bashing coaches you don't seem to have a clue about? Oh wait you already did that. At least Bake stands behind who he is.
mygirloryourgirl

by Bake » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:38 am

mygirloryourgirl:........I would think that ChopperTwoHopper has every right to voice he's opinions on this website, yes he hides behind a user name as most do, INCLUDING YOU!! I do not know who he or she is as I do not know who you may be. You are so right when you say that real play hasn't even started for 2011, that being said, how can anyone, including parents from our Sox 10U team make a statement such as........

"they even said they haven't seen some real competition to see where they stand out"

would our Sox 10U parents be complaining about the teams that we played for PRACTICE PURPOSES INDOORS in the WINTER?? I sure hope not!! because if they are it would show how ignorant they are to this game!! Because IMO indoor games don't mean a thing, except another form of a practice session!!

Yes it so true what you say about a lot of teams have changed since the fall of 2010, some for better some for worse, some teams have added players, some teams have lost players, these are 10 year old girls, and the way each of them play will vary tremendously from game to game and tournament to tournament. There is no doubt that our players will be challeged this season, we have put together the toughest possible schedule (within reason) that I could have!! some of players will rise up to the challenge and some will not!!

and then mygirloryourgirl goes on to say .....

Let's start talking once 2 or 3 outside tournaments have passed.

why talk at all?? Every team has a different Strength of Schedule, if a team is playing a light schedule there won lost record will be considerably different from a team playing a strong schedule, the only thing that matters to me is that these 10 year olds get the experince and knowledge they need to move on in this game.
Bake

PreviousNext

Return to IL