Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U TOP TEAM RANKING (Bracketologist) Updated After STATE!

by TheCloser » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Arto, let me get this straight, are you telling me that their pitchers really don't throw in the low 60's and didn't really throw 58 in 10U. Wow, that's a striking revelation. How can that be? :lol:
TheCloser

by bracketologist » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Popsof4 wrote:The best coached team in 12u is Victory USA-98 Campbell, by far.

I would usually agree... but right now in fall - I'm not sure that team is there yet. I think we have a number of really good coaches in 12u this season, so here is how I define "best coached" team right now.

Take two teams put them on a field... tell the coaches and parents to go home or to a local bar and play the game. On a well coached team you will see:

1. A catcher smart enough to call a couple of pitches.. without input or direction from a coach. This tends to be developed better on teams with a coach that spends too much time in the "can". ;)
2. A Catcher that knows when to go out and talk to the pitcher or call the infield together... without input or direction from coach.
3. Batters that communicate with the next and other batters - what the pitcher is throwing.
4. Defensive players in the correct defensive position based on situation and batter.... again without input from a coach.
5. Defensive players that get to the correct backup position.... again without input from a coach.
6. A Team running the bases 90% of time without input from base coaches. etc.
etc... etc..

I have watched some very well coached teams, that will never make a Heybucket top team list or qualify for Nationals.
bracketologist

by Charles'sMOM » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Good evening all. It is a pleasure to meet everyone.
Our DD played on West Grove's team Fury 10U season. The pitcher you are all referring to. She was a terrific pitcher, but I would say that 58 consistantly is something of a myth. BTW...her father did drive in from Carson, not Simi, but mom is here locally in the West Grove area.
It is my understanding that the extra distance from the plate in 12U has been a bit more challanging for her. However, I am very interested to see how she does in the coming years along with many of the other 'Fury' young ladies who have wound up on various other travel teams.

Not sure if there is something in the water, but West Grove just keeps pumping them out.
Charles'sMOM

by CharlieHough » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:14 pm

West Grove.....blah blah blah.....rec ball 10u Fury??? toxic? powder puff girls??? pink power??? teal terror???

We all were the best team in rec ball....why do you feel the need to thump your chest about west grove?

Oh,, and it is a pleasure to meet you too. Welcome to travel ball.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by CharlieHough » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Hope the last comment does not cost DD playing time...I love west grove!

WestGrove10UNationalChamps8-3-08.jpg
WestGrove10UNationalChamps8-3-08.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Charles'sMOM » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:43 pm

LOL...DIdn't mean to "thump my chest" just answered a question, and made my greetings.
Charles'sMOM

by TheCloser » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 am

I thought the National Championship was won in Bloomington, IN that year not in Vegas. :D
TheCloser

by stuitup » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:51 am

TheCloser wrote:I thought the National Championship was won in Bloomington, IN that year not in Vegas. :D

Pretty sure "The National Championship" was in Bloomington.......
stuitup

by J Fierce » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:13 am

Careful charlie, your surrounded by west grovers. Not to mention one of your coaches. Dont bite the hand that feeds. ;)
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by Under the Radar » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 am

Bloomington IN was "A" Travel ball ASA/USA National Championship

That pitcure from Vegas is Rec. ball "B" Western National Championship.

Rec Ball does not have ASA/USA National Championship. Just West, east, south & north
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA