Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U TOP TEAM RANKING (Bracketologist) Updated After STATE!

by baller23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 pm

what happened to team smith 98 in these rankings ?
baller23

by JustWondering » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 am

baller23 wrote:what happened to team smith 98 in these rankings ?

Probably where they belong. Out of rankings.
JustWondering

by bracketologist » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm

JustWondering wrote:So Cal's Finest 12u had a very surprising final 8 this weekend.

Final 8 were

American Athletics(2 in pool)
Firecrackers 98(2)
SD Aztecs(1)
Victory USA(2)
So Cal Wicked(4)
Grappettes(3)
Cal Cruisers(3)
USA Athletics(2)

Only 1 team won there pool.

Final 4

Firecrackers 98
Victory USA
So Cal Wicked
Cal Cruisers

This tournament oes to show why the games are played. Everybody including me would have probably predicted Batbusters-Snow, Corona Angels & SD Aztecs to be in the final four. The surprising thing was they all failed to make final 8. Good tournament.

Congratulations to the #9. California Cruisers 97 for winning the Beat the Heat So Cal Finest Tournament and to #15. Victory USA 98 for making the finals!

In general it was a great tournament that had some very disappointing performances!

Unranked USA Athletics were a surprise.

So Cal Wicked more than proved their ranking was correct if not conservative!

The Cruisers have been in the top 10 all year and play a style that is very successful every year at Nationals.........

Victory USA 98 - at one point on Sat I said to myself that this had to be the worst late April Campbell team I have seen.......... somehow they flipped the switch on Sunday. Confidence has now been added........... :twisted: (i.e., don't over look them at Nationals if they are in your bracket - I'm still betting that they will send one of the top 5 teams home).

Stan the Caddy wrote:This, combined with some of the results at the AP friendly this weekend, just shows that it's anybody's to win this year. In 12U there is certainly no clear cut king of the hill like in years passed.

There is no PS96 or CA95 King of the Hill - but I still believe it is a three horse race, with one hot/cold type of team that could spoil the party.

In the end, we should have 3 So. Ca teams still playing on Sunday.
bracketologist

by TheCloser » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Unranked USA Athletics were a surprise.

Not really, just a favorable draw. :o
TheCloser

by why me » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

If I recall looking at the brackets CLOSER I think USA beat Corona Express (they are ranked in the TOP 30) WOW that must have been a shocker....

Give them their props when it is due.

Congrats to Wicked for a high finish. PROUD of you..
why me

by TheCloser » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:12 pm

why me wrote:If I recall looking at the brackets CLOSER I think USA beat Corona Express (they are ranked in the TOP 30) WOW that must have been a shocker....

Give them their props when it is due.

Congrats to Wicked for a high finish. PROUD of you..

Relax, just giving TBaller a hard time. :D Congrats! Yes, they did beat some teams that were considered better teams going into the tourney.
I don't believe in fate, I believe in odds!
TheCloser

by Cable Guy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 am

Congrats Victory USA 98. They beat the #8, #10, #20, and #23 ranked teams all in a row on Sunday. Great Job.

Let see if Bracky shows you some love 8-)
Cable Guy

by Ironhorse » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:28 am

Bracky,

Do you see So Cal Wicked as a top 20 team? Nice job Vince and gang way to finish strong! Congrats to Cruisers and Victory for making the final. ;)
Ironhorse
Premium Member
Premium Member

by access2 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 am

oh, no the Victory folks have returned to HB! (same one's yelling "crow hop"? Hmmm, I wonder?)-Haven't heard from y'all all year-

Campbell's work is now showing, great for the gals on the team. I agree with Brackey, dangerous to 97 teams and the team to beat next year.

Down side- now we'll have to hear from the yappers thumping their chest the rest of the year and onto the next. :o
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crowhop1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm

access2 wrote:oh, no the Victory folks have returned to HB! (same one's yelling "crow hop"? Hmmm, I wonder?)-Haven't heard from y'all all year-

Campbell's work is now showing, great for the gals on the team. I agree with Brackey, dangerous to 97 teams and the team to beat next year.

Down side- now we'll have to hear from the yappers thumping their chest the rest of the year and onto the next. :o

Sorry we haven't been posting... we've been busy taking pitching lessons... :lol:
crowhop1

PreviousNext

Return to CA