Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U TOP TEAM RANKING (Bracketologist) Updated After STATE!

by TheCloser » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 pm

J Fierce wrote:Speaking of west grove toxic, team anderson 97 also has the old toxic #1 pitcher. Nice 1-2 punch

Can someone confirm this story? I heard from a few sources that one of those Toxic pitchers threw 58mph back in 10U. I've seen this pitcher throw and I don't believe it. I don't think she throws 58 now.
TheCloser

by J Fierce » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Let me answer that. That whole 58 mph back in 10u is alleged and i heard the same, however, a few weeks ago at the victory usa friendly they had a radar gun on her in which she topped out at 52 mph. So it was b.s. as im sure we all figured it was. Great pitcher nonetheless
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by CharlieHough » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:01 pm

J Fierce wrote:Let me answer that. That whole 58 mph back in 10u is alleged and i heard the same, however, a few weeks ago at the victory usa friendly they had a radar gun on her in which she topped out at 52 mph. So it was b.s. as im sure we all figured it was. Great pitcher nonetheless

J Fierce....I was holding the radar gun and you didn't even say hi and buy me asada tacos? sheesh :mrgreen:

By the way....all three of our pitchers were throwing 52-53 on that gun. Those $100 radar guns suck.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by TheCloser » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Your right, it was the gun. I'm sure they're all throwing in the low 60's by now. :mrgreen:
TheCloser

by J Fierce » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Haha. Next time charlie. And ya those radar guns are pretty innacurate
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by artomatic » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

actually most of the radar guns are pretty accurate if used correctly.
i have one of the bushnell ones, and it has been measured with a tuning fork. it is accurate.
most people that say they are inaccurate are saying that because the readings arent as fast as they claim their little phenom is throwing...

a couple weeks ago, we were at a camp, and one of the pitcher's profile said she threw 64 mph.
i watched her throw...damn, if that's 64 mph, then my kid must throw 70!!!
then i kicked myself for falling for that old "my kid throws mid 60's" line once again...

once again, I will say that the speeds that people claim their kid throws and the actual speed the kid throws is like the gross amount of your paycheck compared to the actual amount left after taxes...much lower.

its not just the speed, its the difference of speeds in the pitches, along with the location and movement that makes a pitcher successful.

in 10's we had 2 pitchers that threw low 50's, and there weren't many that threw harder.
in 12's it was mid 50's, and in 14's it was mid to upper 50's. they threw about as hard as anyone out there... and I constantly heard, and continue to hear, of these flame throwers throwing mid 60's etc.....then i watch them, and its the same old thing. about as fast as most of the other kids with some heat, but nowhere near the claims...saw it in georgia this past summer. one of the teams claimed their 2 pitchers threw low 60's, when in reality it was probably closer to high 50's which is still really fast as long as there is movement, placement, and change of speed...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J Fierce » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Damn art, always so long winded. I just rely on the good old fasion eyeball test :D
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by artomatic » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:08 pm

J Fierce wrote:Damn art, always so long winded. I just rely on the good old fasion eyeball test :D

:lol:

or make sure the catcher has a Nokona for that "pop"!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoCal Breakers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Speed is great,but i would take a pitcher that hits her spots and has really good control.Good hitters tend to catch up with the fast pitchers,they usely don't have alot of movement,or other pitches.
SoCal Breakers

by J Fierce » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:25 pm

S.C. Breakers, i agree 100%
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

PreviousNext

Return to CA