Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

10u Parents

by C77fastpitch » Sun May 28, 2017 1:53 pm

The library remark is your Schick! Can't you enjoy a talking without being a complete ####hole.
C77fastpitch

by eddiez577 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:21 pm

:roll: curmudgeons :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 am

eddiez577 wrote:8u is cute
6u is cuter
12u is cut-throat
14u is refined
16u/18u is polished
10u is an all out rumble! :lol:
Add *10u parents apparently
have no humor...

Spazsdad wrote:That's great news. That's good that they are "very, very good jobs" since the cost of living here is not very friendly . Hopefully you are in SoCal and we can get together.for a drink and we can share softball stories.

I guess they are so high brow at Yale they don't have dictionaries
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shtick
Definition of shtick
: a usually comic or repetitious performance or routine : bit
: one's special trait, interest, or activity : bag
he's alive and well and now doing his shtick out in Hollywood — Robert Daley

C77fastpitch wrote:The library remark is your Schick! Can't you enjoy a talking without being a complete ####hole.

###hole..... 8-)
Hinky

by bigclemdawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm

10U travel IS rec ball. It's a purgatory island where everyone learns what NOT to do.....a place for kids who couldn't make all stars to play a bit and provide their parents with office water cooler fodder. A place where parents with kids who can't outplay the coach's kid can claim that the coaches are daddy ballers, a claim they will put forth on every single team their kid plays for.....until they get to HS where they will change their argument to "politics" or "the coach is an idiot."

Some will learn, many will not.....and we'll see them here on The Bucket for years to come.[/quote]

no truer words spoken i seen this all week
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 am

"10U travel IS rec ball. It's a purgatory island where everyone learns what NOT to do.....a place for kids who couldn't make all stars to play a bit and provide their parents with office water cooler fodder. A place where parents with kids who can't outplay the coach's kid can claim that the coaches are daddy ballers, a claim they will put forth on every single team their kid plays for.....until they get to HS where they will change their argument to "politics" or "the coach is an idiot."

Some will learn, many will not.....and we'll see them here on The Bucket for years to come"

Word!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by C77fastpitch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 pm

It's always about daddy's ball. Hype is a major part of travel, high school, and college ball. It isn't how well your daughter plays, it's about how well the coaches think they play. How many times have you seen players in high school and college simply make a team because they are part of a fine tuned publicity machine. Yes, they must possess some ability, however, when skills are close advertising is the deciding factor. The only person who thinks there is no daddy ball on your 10u travel team, is the daddy coach.
C77fastpitch

by slapperdad » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:05 am

C77fastpitch wrote:It's always about daddy's ball. Hype is a major part of travel, high school, and college ball. It isn't how well your daughter plays, it's about how well the coaches think they play. How many times have you seen players in high school and college simply make a team because they are part of a fine tuned publicity machine. Yes, they must possess some ability, however, when skills are close advertising is the deciding factor. The only person who thinks there is no daddy ball on your 10u travel team, is the daddy coach.

I guess my kid should have gone to a high school and college with better PR machines. But then again, all those all-conference, conference POY, Gold Glove, and all-american trophies are still in the plastic wraps they came in, in a tote in the garage. It was always about the team for her.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 am

:P
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 am

Sue Trubovitz, Turbo wrote:[slapperdad quote] all those all-conference, conference POY, Gold Glove, and all-american trophies are still in the plastic wraps they came in, in a tote in the garage. It was always about the team for her.

Congrats to your daughter!

on a separate side note slapperdad, really liked what you posted in California forum in cheating. About the umpires and how they apply judgement with their role on the field. was hoping to encourage you to repost it in the umpires forum. It was great reading, well written. think it could help people understand defining the levels of softball in the umpires job.
thanks for posting![/quote]

Thank you, she had a hell of a career. Hopefully her class laid a foundation to be built upon in the future. It was truly amazing to watch. On a more important note, as they've scattered to the wind, they've all become pretty successful young ladies, isn't that what it's all about anyway?

I'll be honest I didn't even know there was an umpire forum. I'll check it out. Thank you for the kind words. I answer questions on a Football forum as they relate to goofy plays, rulings, etc. I don't think fans/parents are stupid, they are largely just ignorant of rules, mechanics, philosophy, etc., what goes into officiating. It's been pretty positive thing for coaches, fans, and officials I think. At least everyone understands each other a little more.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by C77fastpitch » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Slapperdad, I don't know your daughter, but am sure she came with some hype. Didn't you coach her in High school, I wonder why? Kids that are equal, or very close, hype is the difference. Good coaches have to decimate information given to them by travel and high school coaches, as well as parents. Some kids are a lot better than their hype, these are the true catches for the best coaches. Those kids that have great potential, but are unsung and ignored. Take an honest look at many division 1 players, and compare them to truly outstanding division 3 players, then wonder why those choices were made.
C77fastpitch

PreviousNext

Return to CA