Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12u St Paddy's Tournament

by ocarterok » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:33 am

There was some great softball played in Las Vegas this past weekend in the 12u St Paddy's Day tournament. Over 62 teams attended from across the country. The Oklahoma Angel's won it all! Can I just say they had one girl who hit 5 home runs over the course of the weekend. It could have been more, but Boys2 Men were in concert. (Hey, I had my priorities straight) That same team has a pitcher who is a 05 that throws in the low 60's!

California did well, Firecracker's Lopez came in 2nd!
What can I say, I love that team. They pretty much breezed through their bracket. So Cal Atheltic's Limo came in 3rd and was a very solid team. Great coaching and solid pitching.
My team, Corona Angel's Carter came in 4th. Yea! (What? I can do that, I'm a mom)

We did great until the championship game and then....Well, I don't want to talk about that lol :)

The Hotshots team went out one game before the championship. I was told they lost two pitchers to injuries. Meaning, one of the main pitchers pitched almost every game and they were
1 game away from the championship. How great will they be when the whole staff is healthy?

There are so many great teams outside California. Who are your top 15 picks? Local or Nationwide

PGF is going to be amazing this summer, well unless there's another great concert :)

My list is California heavy only because I haven't seen that many out of state teams play.
My list is not in order, if I left anyone off please add them on your list. This was harder than I thought.

Beverly Bandits
Oklahoma Angel's
Hotshots
Thunderbolts
Texas Bombers
Firecrackers Lopez
So Cal Athletic's Limo
Corona Angel's Carter
California Breeze
Batbuster's 2022
Firecrackers 04 Allen
CC Dirt Dogs 04 Pickering
American Pastime
So Cal Athletic's 04 Alonzo
Ohana Tigers Garcia

Last edited by ocarterok on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PicklesnKoolaid » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 am

Did anyone see the game between Hotshots and OK Angels? Must have been a good one!
PicklesnKoolaid

by dougstumpf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 pm

you are completely 100% right, there was a lot of good match ups and what a great turn out. If only Las Vegas could step our game up all around. Pitcher from angels clocked 63mph change up at 49mph amazing to watch. Sucks to be athletics 2022 they put up 49 runs in the three pool games and get bounced to consolation bracket in the first game.

What I enjoyed most was my 10u daughter played this weekend with the 12u las vegas lady scorpions and got a nice line drive up the middle to center field for a single and a few good innings at center field. Love this game and watching kids progress.
dougstumpf
Premium Member
Premium Member

by got E » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 am

Oklahoma Angels will not be at PGF from what was said by their parents.
Last edited by got E on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
got E

by Hitmeabomb » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 pm

One team that was left off of your list was Mercado Kinch. They will be a solid team come PGF even though they had a tough weekend. I had a chance to watch a lot of games this weekend and I have a say that Oklahoma Angels team is the best team I have seen all year. The teams to beat at this point in So Cal are American Pastime, Firecrackers Lopez, and Mercado Kinch. PGF should be fun.
Hitmeabomb
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PicklesnKoolaid » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 am

Oklahoma Angels will not be at PGF from what was said by their parents. BB Flores should have been in a different pool than Hotshots,

Would love to see OK Angels at PGF. They are a stellar team and their presence at PGF would make the tournament much more competitive.

Couldn't agree more with got E about Flores and their being in the same pool with Hotshots, especially when they had a 2 team pool due to the CO team dropped out. Flores went into the silver bracket and mercied every team. Wasn't fair for all teams involved.

Flores' game against Hotshots was a good one, They had been tied up until the last 3 minutes of the game.
With the top CA teams only getting stronger, the Hotshots have some real competition this summer.
PicklesnKoolaid

by ocarterok » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am

Hitmeabomb wrote:One team that was left off of your list was Mercado Kinch. They will be a solid team come PGF even though they had a tough weekend. I had a chance to watch a lot of games this weekend and I have a say that Oklahoma Angels team is the best team I have seen all year. The teams to beat at this point in So Cal are American Pastime, Firecrackers Lopez, and Mercado Kinch. PGF should be fun.

Mercardo/Kinch! I knew I forgot somebody :) They are definitely one of the top 3.
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA