Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Oktoberfest

by SoCal Breakers » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks,think were ok right now.Pitching looking pretty good.
SoCal Breakers

by Hot pocket » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 pm

I heard that at Diamond Valley Park ,there is going to be portable outfield fences set up at 200 feet. This will hold the gap hits to doubles or triples instead of homers.
Maybe we will see a couple 200 foot homers next week :?: :?:
what do you guy & gals think??
Hot pocket

by anonlooker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm

hotwheels wrote:
sportzjunky wrote:
goforit wrote:just to set the record straight Lights out is a 96 team and we were just trying to register accurately. We have no hidden agenda to try and qualify cheesily as it has been said we have asked the host to put us in the appropriate age bracket so that we can play teams in our own age group. :D

Thanks for setting the record straight that your team is playing 14U, although I wasnt trying to call you out.... I was thinking more generally when I wrote that even though your team was in the prior post. Apologize for that... USSSA has the cheese part of cheesy in the age group format but it works for some teams and the long range budget, scheduling and/or roster prospecting for spring. Either way, good luck. I hope you do well.

and I am with anonlooker.... look at the size of those............... beers!

They look smart!

Oh, okay smart guy... answer me this...
;)
Attachments
IQ.jpg
IQ.jpg (37.53 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by hotwheels » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hotwheels

by hotwheels » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Hot pocket wrote:I heard that at Diamond Valley Park ,there is going to be portable outfield fences set up at 200 feet. This will hold the gap hits to doubles or triples instead of homers.

Cool! Real softball with fences.....Few and far between for 12's to get to play on fields with fences.....Very Nice!!.....Hopefully we will be the team with a couple of those 200' homers! :)
hotwheels

by hotwheels » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:40 pm

SoCal Breakers wrote:Thanks,think were ok right now.Pitching looking pretty good.

;)
hotwheels

by heartthegame » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 pm

hotwheels wrote:
Hot pocket wrote:I heard that at Diamond Valley Park ,there is going to be portable outfield fences set up at 200 feet. This will hold the gap hits to doubles or triples instead of homers.

Cool! Real softball with fences.....Few and far between for 12's to get to play on fields with fences.....Very Nice!!.....Hopefully we will be the team with a couple of those 200' homers! :)

Saw your ladies hit last weekend - I would say a good possibility! :roll:
"When one man, (or young lady) for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he (she) has no right to keep it to himself (herself)."
International Explorer, Jacques Cousteau
heartthegame

by CODE_BROWN » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 pm

hotwheels wrote:
Rotatorcuff wrote:
evil weevils wrote:
Luvnthisgame wrote:"lights out" is a 96 team, but is playing down in 12's. :?

If your a 96 team should you be playing other 96 teams not playing down? :?:

This issue has been ringing in my head since fall ball began. What if your dd has a Dec. b-day? She may only be a few days to few weeks older than a 97 kid. What's the big deal?

Yes, my dd has a Dec 96 b-day. She is playing 14u for fall to get ready for spring ball. I have seriously been thinking about letting her play 12u ball (pick up for a friendly or maybe a tourney) for a little more circle time and maybe a confidence builder. What's wrong with that? Its within the rules. And in all fairness to dec bday kids, it should be allowed. Hell, they're usually the youngest kids on the team. Didn't mean to hijack the thread........I'm just sayin

Great response....Who even cares?....We aren't talking about 1 player....This is an entire team full of 96's......Not one kid.....Or are you trying to say that they are the only team on the planet with 12 or 13 kids on their team all with December of 96 birthday's?

I will say that USSSA allows this because of their age break which is different than other organizations......I would never allow any team I manage to play down but more power to them....It's their issue, I would do things differently but that's me.....We'll be ready to play them...Hopefully, their team will win the tournament!... ;)

listen to yourself........" I would never allow any team I manage to play down but more power to them".............gimme a break, your a 12U girls fastpitch coach for god sake !!!!! I would add additional comments but the ego in this blog is taking up all the room.
CODE_BROWN

by hotwheels » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:28 am

CODE_BROWN wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
Rotatorcuff wrote:
evil weevils wrote:
Luvnthisgame wrote:"lights out" is a 96 team, but is playing down in 12's. :?

If your a 96 team should you be playing other 96 teams not playing down? :?:

This issue has been ringing in my head since fall ball began. What if your dd has a Dec. b-day? She may only be a few days to few weeks older than a 97 kid. What's the big deal?

Yes, my dd has a Dec 96 b-day. She is playing 14u for fall to get ready for spring ball. I have seriously been thinking about letting her play 12u ball (pick up for a friendly or maybe a tourney) for a little more circle time and maybe a confidence builder. What's wrong with that? Its within the rules. And in all fairness to dec bday kids, it should be allowed. Hell, they're usually the youngest kids on the team. Didn't mean to hijack the thread........I'm just sayin

Great response....Who even cares?....We aren't talking about 1 player....This is an entire team full of 96's......Not one kid.....Or are you trying to say that they are the only team on the planet with 12 or 13 kids on their team all with December of 96 birthday's?

I will say that USSSA allows this because of their age break which is different than other organizations......I would never allow any team I manage to play down but more power to them....It's their issue, I would do things differently but that's me.....We'll be ready to play them...Hopefully, their team will win the tournament!... ;)

listen to yourself........" I would never allow any team I manage to play down but more power to them".............gimme a break, your a 12U girls fastpitch coach for god sake !!!!! I would add additional comments but the ego in this blog is taking up all the room.

Says the parent of a 96 player playing down until December doing no good for your kid but keeping your ego at an all time high....
hotwheels

by Rotatorcuff » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:58 pm

"Says the parent of a 96 player playing down until December doing no good for your kid but keeping your ego at an all time high...."

Apparently, you didn't read my post very well. My daughter is playing 14U. I was contemplating giving her some extra circle time as a pickup player. She is 12U eligible till the end of the year. I'm not talking about my ego here, I was thinking more about building her confidence.

I did hear the local rec league was looking for pitching in the 12U division ;) :lol: ...nevermind
Rotatorcuff

Previous

Return to CA