Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Outfield clinic

by Nicelag » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:56 am

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good outfield clinic in the Long Beach / North OC area. Willing to travel within reason. Thanks in advance
Nicelag

by 4th & Forever » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Hands down RT Cantillo is the best outfield coach I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She has played at the highest levels but more importantly she is a fantastic communicator and realizes that it isn't about her but teaching the games future stars. She has clinics all over the country but will be holding weekly OC clinics in the next few weeks.

Rtsoftballclinics.com
4th & Forever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crewsen5151 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:39 am

my DD has worked with RT since the beginning of September and has grown leaps and bounds with her understanding the nuances of being an "Outtie". I would concur with the comment posted before mine, RT has played the game and can truly translate it to the Student/Athlete so it is clear concise and all done in a very positive manner.
crewsen5151
Premium Member
Premium Member

by McGee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 am

Outfield is critical but may be the most under coached and weak defensive area. in softball. Players who are strong outfielders can play on most high school and even college teams. Challenging practice is a key factors in building strong outfielders but I routinely see coachers hitting their players "can or corn" fly balls that don't challenge players to get better.

There are too many coaches who can't consistently hit fly balls where the want them and lots of time and effort is wasted. Any ideas on how to help coached get better at this skill?
McGee

by Chin Music » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:11 pm

I like watching the coaches hit to the outfield with one hand. Maybe they played tennis in HS?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:26 am

Sorry did I hit a nerve Bjorn! the ones I've seen are sporadic at best.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:02 am

Just commenting on the reply of coaches that can't hit balls for outfield simulation. Agreed a lot of those group sessions don't address individual needs.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA