Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Bracketologist's Top 12U Teams To Watch

by SoCal Breakers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks,thought there was lot of good games played on sunday.12's are going to be a fun year lots of good teams.
SoCal Breakers

by bracketologist » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:36 am

Slammer wrote:I think the sleeper team for this season is the so cal breakers they looked really good this past weekend against some very good teams at Monster Mash. They have that pitcher from who won Western Nationals and she was able to shut down Corona Angels Lockman. They also have some good hitters and didn't look tired in the championship game as they have some other good pitchers. I look for this team to give some of the top teams a run for their money. :D

Slammer - I do not think the So Cal Breakers can be a sleeper team as they were already on my top teams to watch list. :D Note all of the teams in blue were already on my top 24 to watch list.

Based on the TCS results below (top ten finishers) the real surprise teams were the San Diego Aztecs & San Diego Renegades 97. I knew the So Cal Breakers team was going to be good, but I was impressed with both the Aztecs and Renegades..... both will appear in my 1st top 25 poll of the year... released this week. :o

12 Open Placing Team City, St Record
1 So Cal Breakers Vista, CA 7-1
2 San Diego Aztecs San Diego, CA 5-1-1
3 San Diego Renegades 97 San Diego, CA 5-1

3 Corona Angels Corona, CA 5-1
5 OC Elite 12U Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 4-2
6 Socal Jynx-Garcia La Verne, CA 4-2

7 California Cruisers 97 Trabuco Canyon, CA 2-1-2
8 So Cal Lady Mashers Chula Vista, CA 2-4
9 San Diego Breakers Encinitas, CA 2-1-1
9 SD Power Surge 97 Imperial Beach, CA 2-1-1
bracketologist

by Slammer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Slammer - I do not think the So Cal Breakers can be a sleeper team as they were already on my top teams to watch list. :D Note all of the teams in blue were already on my top 24 to watch list.

I guess when I said sleeper I meant of the top organizations. When people on here predict before a tournament they always tend to predict the top organizations or should I say brand name teams. Like this one someone predicted Angels and Renegades. Those teams are the ones everyone thinks are naturally good. I never heard of the So Cal Breakers in 12's and 14's till this past weekend, always thought that organization started older so it was a surprise to see them and do so well for a team who just started amongst teams who have been established.
Slammer

by why me » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:40 am

I was at the Firecracker Friendly this past weekend. Saw a few good teams. The pitching was pretty good and yet no one has mentioned them.

American Athletics - has a girl throwing gas. I only saw the one girl but they will win behind her.
Firecrackers - looks like they have a few good pitchers and will be a contender.
USA Athletics - They seem to have a decent team. Need some work but will be a good team.
Desperados - They seem to be one of the teams that will go either way. They looked good one game and ok the next.
Dynasty - They need to get some help. They looked very young and will most likely be there next year. Good for them on playing and working hard.
Cyclones - This team needs alot of work. I think they are new and will continue to get better but is very young.
Rebels - Another young team and will get better with time.
Angels - Looked good at times. They can make it if they work hard. I think they might a team to be dealt with NEXT SEASON. They looked young as well.

There are alot of teams out there.
why me

by Platinum » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 am

why me wrote:I was at the Firecracker Friendly this past weekend. Saw a few good teams. The pitching was pretty good and yet no one has mentioned them.

American Athletics - has a girl throwing gas. I only saw the one girl but they will win behind her.
Firecrackers - looks like they have a few good pitchers and will be a contender.
USA Athletics - They seem to have a decent team. Need some work but will be a good team.
Desperados - They seem to be one of the teams that will go either way. They looked good one game and ok the next.
Dynasty - They need to get some help. They looked very young and will most likely be there next year. Good for them on playing and working hard.
Cyclones - This team needs alot of work. I think they are new and will continue to get better but is very young.
Rebels - Another young team and will get better with time.
Angels - Looked good at times. They can make it if they work hard. I think they might a team to be dealt with NEXT SEASON. They looked young as well.

There are alot of teams out there.

I believe these were all 98 teams should any of them be in the top 10
Platinum

by utility » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:05 pm

This Desperados team is a 97 team.
American Athletics I think is a mix 97/98 team.
USA Athletics has a 97 and a 98 team...not sure which one was at this Friendly.
utility

Previous

Return to CA