Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Do we need a Norcal regional board?

by PDad » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 am

hotwheels wrote:
tysdad wrote:Where would the line be drawn to seperate north from south?

Where would somewhere like Fresno and Bakersfield be considered?

Central Cal.

I'd draw the line according to ASA Associations. There is a map on page 3 of Region 14 Handbook that might be helpful. It shows all 7 associations in the state along with the county lines.
http://www.centralcalasa.com/region14/f ... ndbook.pdf

Looks to me like we'd have SoCal and OtherCal... :D
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hunter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I don't think it matters where we draw a line, we just need more Northern posts. I am from Belmont CA and coach the California Sliders 12U. With our own board, we can promote our sport easier up here. There are alot of good teams in all areas. Sacramento, pennisula, SanJose, Stockton just to name a few
Hunter

by GSB » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Great idea, just don't become like those Texas fools who keep bad mouthing each other north vs south. LOL... One big state, one big happy family. :lol:
To each their own.
GSB

by Iluvblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm

CrushersDad wrote:I would probably comment more

I am dying to know what team your kid is on Crushers Dad????

Will we see you soon?
Iluvblue

by Iluvblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I think it would be pretty cool if it would get more people posting about tournaments in our area. As it is now, nobody really says anything specific about tournaments or games. I would love to be able to come on here and see people posting scores and results from teams up here.

i think if there were a specific norcal forum, it might encourage a little more of that. maybe not, who knows.
Iluvblue

by NorCal96 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Again, there is nothing stopping anyone from posting anything NorCal related other than thinking the CA board is a SoCal board and "feeling" that they are out of place.
Build it and they will come or when the volume is there it will be warranted. To ways of looking at it I guess.

I don't know if it's "feeling" out of place as much as it is wanting to talk about our teams/tournaments with those that have a frame of reference (TDs, fields and so on).

What I've noticed is that any chest thumping from NorCal and we are called arrogant. If you are trying to attract more NorCal posters maybe a "safe place" is a good way to start. If they still don't post then at least SoCal folks can easily find some NorCal folks to pick on. JMHO
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
NorCal96

by REALLY » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:20 am

Spazsdad wrote:Here you go boys, and girls:
viewforum.php?f=616

How about a NorTex or SOkla. (same Thing) :o
In the immortal words of the great Spazsdad "Don't get all butt hurt" ;)Image
REALLY

by CrushersDad » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:42 am

Iluvblue wrote:
CrushersDad wrote:I would probably comment more

I am dying to know what team your kid is on Crushers Dad????

Will we see you soon?

Iluvblue, I am guessing you are near the Stockton area, we are north of Sacramento. If you play 16U then we will one day meet 8-)
CrushersDad

Previous

Return to CA