Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best "03" teams in so cal

by PDad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Coach Glad wrote:Who are the top 5 "03" teams in So Cal.

I'm curious why you specified "03" since that is 2nd-yr 12's, right? Single birth-year rankings are usually for first-year teams.

Are there any '04 or mixed teams that would crack the top 5 in a 12U ranking?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballfam55 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:15 pm

MrCoach wrote:Softballfam55, you must be living under a rock. Can you please explain what "true #1" means? Also, the subject is "Best 03 teams in so cal", not "Best 03 teams in so cal and Arizona too"

By the way, this team, who everyone is touting as the number 1 team in so cal, who has great hitting and defense, and who has a true #1 pitcher is posting in the Indiana Try-Out page searching for an out of state top notch pitcher who throws 57-60 with movement. I wonder if the parents know they'll be picking up the tab with their monthly dues for travel expenses.

Seriously, can someone help me out on this? This team scored 33 runs and only gave up 1 during the PGF qualifier. Yet they need another pitcher...from California?...NOPE...of all places...INDIANA. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

With your comment you sound about as smart a rock! A true number 1 pitcher is someone who can give the ball to against any team in the division and on most days she is going to shut them down. And so what if they are looking for another number 1 pitcher out of state. Obviously you don't know much about PGF, because if you plan on winning PGF you better have a few number 1 pitchers. And excuse me for mentioning a AZ team Mr. coach, I'm glad you don't coach my kid. And by the way I'm not a Power Surge parent either l.
softballfam55

by itsallinyourhead » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Finally. A little mud slinging on this post!! Good times. All of the "top 03" teams that have been mentioned have a "true #1" pitcher or they wouldn't have made the list. Right? Don't you have to have a #1 pitcher in order to be a top team? And all the "top teams" mentioned have all won and lost against eachother several times. Or are we not counting friendlies? I always get confused if friendlies count or not. I think friendlies only count if your team got the "W".
itsallinyourhead

by SBforsure » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:17 pm

"I'm curious why you specified "03" since that is 2nd-yr 12's, right? Single birth-year rankings are usually for first-year teams. Are there any '04 or mixed teams that would crack the top 5 in a 12U ranking"?

I honestly haven't seen an 04 team worthy of making the top 10 or even top 15 in my opinion.

In no particular order these are my top 15:

Power Surge Bachtell
Ohaha Tigers Sanchez
Firecrackers Oakes
Dirtdogs Romero
So Cal 3D
So Cal A's Angulo
So Cal A's Suarez
So Cal A's Lewis
Corona Angels Red
Batbuster Garcia
Batbuster Maroon
Batbuser Banuelos
Batbuster Pantages
Firecracker King
Lakewood Hustlers

The most impressive 04 teams that I've seen this year have been Corona Angels Carter and Ohana Tigers Garcia.
SBforsure

by Dugoutdirt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm

SBforsure wrote:"I'm curious why you specified "03" since that is 2nd-yr 12's, right? Single birth-year rankings are usually for first-year teams. Are there any '04 or mixed teams that would crack the top 5 in a 12U ranking"?

I honestly haven't seen an 04 team worthy of making the top 10 or even top 15 in my opinion.

In no particular order these are my top 15:

Power Surge Bachtell
Ohaha Tigers Sanchez
Firecrackers Oakes
Dirtdogs Romero
So Cal 3D
So Cal A's Angulo
So Cal A's Suarez
So Cal A's Lewis
Corona Angels Red
Batbuster Garcia
Batbuster Maroon
Batbuser Banuelos
Batbuster Pantages
Firecracker King
Lakewood Hustlers

The most impressive 04 teams that I've seen this year have been Corona Angels Carter and Ohana Tigers Garcia.

That is a pretty accurate list above, and I'm hoping the majority of these teams will lock up a PGF berth in the next few weeks (those that haven't already) so we can see some great competition in Huntington Beach this summer.
Dugoutdirt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by elmoz284 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:15 pm

The best 03 / 12U team is
Power Surge 03 Bachtell

Every other 12U team is playing for second.
There it is!
elmoz284
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 pm

itsallinyourhead wrote:Finally. A little mud slinging on this post!! Good times. All of the "top 03" teams that have been mentioned have a "true #1" pitcher or they wouldn't have made the list. Right? Don't you have to have a #1 pitcher in order to be a top team? And all the "top teams" mentioned have all won and lost against each other several times. Or are we not counting friendlies? I always get confused if friendlies count or not. I think friendlies only count if your team got the "W".

Truth.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SBforsure » Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Some of these top 12u teams should be squaring up against each this weekend.

Corona Angels Tournament
Pool A
AZ Mizuno Storm-Levas
So Cal 3D
Ohana Tigers Sanchez
So Cal A's Angulo

Pool B
AZ Mizuno Storm-Mathis
CA Breeze
So Cal Future
OCBB Garcia

Haven't heard of Storm Levas but the other 7 teams are all very solid.

Triple Crown also has their Mother's Day tournament.
The only top 10 teams attending are Firecracker Oakes and Dirt Dog Romero.

Good luck everyone.
SBforsure

by MrCoach » Sat May 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Go to http://www.eteamz.com/coronaangels03s and click on 'Handouts' for bracket play for Sunday.
MrCoach

by SBforsure » Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Congratulations to the Ohana Tigers for winning the Championship at the Corona Angels Mother's Day tournament. There was some incredible softball played this weekend. What a delight seeing 6 PGF qualified teams battle it out to the end. To win the championship Ohana had to defeat a Firecracker team, Mizuno Storm Mathis, So Cal 3D and finally Batbuster-Garcia.
SBforsure

PreviousNext

Return to CA