Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best "03" teams in so cal

by SBforsure » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Congratulations to Ca Breeze 03 for a spectacular showing at last week's Zoom to June tournament. Several top ranked teams competed in the event:
Team Record Big Matchups
Ca Breeze- 7-0 Champs-Beat So Cal Suarez, Storm-Mathis and Power Surge in the finals.
Power Surge 6-1 Runner Up-Beat So Cal Angulo, Dirt Dog Romero
Dirt Dog Romero 3-1-1 Semifinals-Lost to Power Surge, beat Firecracker Oakes, tied Corona Angels
Mizuno Storm 5-1 Lost to Ca Breeze, beat So Cal Angulo. Their schedule was a bit light
Firecracker Oakes 4-1 Lost to Dirt Dog Romero. Did not beat a ranked team
So Cal As-Mercado 3-1-1 Lost to Ca Breeze, Did not beat a ranked team
So Cal As- Angulo 1-4 Was knocked out 1st round by Power Surge. Lost to an.04 team on Saturday
Corona Angels 2-1-1 Knocked out first round by So Cal Breakers. Tied Dirt Dog Romero

Observations
1. So Cal Breakers played well going 4-0 before losing to Mizuno Storm 4-3 in the second round.
2. Of all the ranked teams in attendance So Cal Choppers Gurule was the only one to not make the gold bracket. They did end up winning the silver bracket.
3. Ca Breeze looked sharp knocking out the #1 team in the country, Power Surge.
4. So Cal As Angulo- Bats were very cold. Scored 5 runs the last 3 games including being shut out by an .04 team.
5. High ranked teams not present were Ohana Tigers Sanchez, BB Garcia,So Cal 3D, Firecracker Ensey

Can PGF get here fast enough??
SBforsure

by T85836 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Looks like Corona Angles, Firecrackers (Oaks) and Dirtdogs (Romero) are representing CA well in Colorado. Actually CA had 5 teams enter this event and all 5 made the gold bracket. Any body out there that can tell us how these teams look?

Corona Angles
Firecrackers Oaks
Dirtdogs Romero
Dirtdogs Kubo
Firecrackers Ensey Viera
T85836

by Hurricane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:16 pm

So, just to clarify:

- Congrats need to go out to teams that are constantly trying to win championships.

- That means, if you are not trying to upgrade your roster, then stop complaining about other teams that are trying to put themselves in a position to win championships.

- It doesn't matter if it is an 8-U team; 10-U team; 12-U team; 14-U team; 16-U team or 18-GOLD team. You should ALWAYS be trying to upgrade your roster in win a championship.

After all, Travel Ball is NOT Rec Ball. Way to go SoCal teams!!!
Hurricane

by TSJ » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Congrats to those teams that are trying to win championships developing the players they have. They shouldnt worry about what other teams are doing as it is far more gratifying and honorable to dance with who brought you to the dance. But dont hate on those trying to upgrade to compete with you.
TSJ

by Hurricane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:00 pm

TSJ wrote:Congrats to those teams that are trying to win championships developing the players they have. They shouldnt worry about what other teams are doing as it is far more gratifying and honorable to dance with who brought you to the dance. But dont hate on those trying to upgrade to compete with you.

I get it. I know what you're saying, TSJ. I, too, use to despise those teams that would pick-up players just for certain tournaments in order to win the championships. My feeling was this is OUR team, we will go as far as we can go.

Then, I woke up.

I saw what all the "big name" OC organizations were doing to other teams in SoCal. (kind of like what the Big City teams do to the smaller market teams in major sports). They kept trying to recruit other players to play for them and then hoarding players so some squads would have 16 or more players (promising college scholarships in the process).

BUT - they would constantly WIN championships while picking up players for only a weekend or two - in the process sitting their own players. But no one complained because this is the way it is done to win Championships - and - players were told this is how it is in college: you must constantly prove yourself and fight for your position.

So, that's why I had to reply. I just don't want to hear the whining when a team is picking up players to help them win a championship. OC "organizations" have been doing it all the time. It's just that now, other competent organizations are playing that same game...and...some people here are getting their panties all bunched up. Give me a break.

An old wise sage once said: "Once you know the rules of the game - it's easy to play".

It's easy to play the game like those "big-name" organizations in the OC. You just have to hold your nose and do it. The difference is you can do it with class rather than crass.

Countdown to Turden responding.....3 - 2 - 1.....
Hurricane

by TSJ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:04 am

Hurricane i have been around for a long time and know what gets done. And when it comes to being hated on I know how it is...lol....im just saying what your saying not to hate on those trying to achieve whatever and how ever they try to achieve it. Take gratification and pride in how you do it. I too have picked up players for areas we may have needed help or just in case. But mainly stayed with the players we had and managed to compete. No shame in either case. Good luck.......
TSJ

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:51 pm

The "winning isn't everything it's the only thing" attitude is wonderful...just as long as your DD isn't the one on the outside looking in, right? ;)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SBforsure » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:10 pm

"Congrats to those teams that are trying to win championships developing the players they have. They shouldnt worry about what other teams are doing as it is far more gratifying and honorable to dance with who brought you to the dance. But dont hate on those trying to upgrade to compete with you".

Well said TSJ. The accomplishment is far more gratifying if you do it with the kids YOU were in the trenches with throughout the year. Just because it's allowable doesn't mean it's acceptable in my book. Chasing a title with rented players, at the expense of your own, just isn't right IMO. It's a small world so everyone knows which teams these are.
SBforsure

by T85836 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:41 pm

We had 5 So Cal teams in Colorado in the 12U division and all in the gold bracket! IMO I think they showed very well with a SO Cal Team taking the championship in the Gold bracket.

Here is how they fared based on the TCS website.

Central Cal Dirtdogs (Kubo): 6 and 3
Corona Angles (Lee): 4 and 2
Firecrackers Black (Ensey-Viera) 5 and 2
Firecrackers (Oaks) 5 and 3
So Cal Dirtdogs (Romero) 9 and 0 (Champions)

Great job girls...way to represent So Cal. Would like to see more So Cal teams representing California next year.
T85836

by Hurricane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:38 pm

SBforsure wrote:"Congrats to those teams that are trying to win championships developing the players they have. They shouldnt worry about what other teams are doing as it is far more gratifying and honorable to dance with who brought you to the dance. But dont hate on those trying to upgrade to compete with you".

Well said TSJ. The accomplishment is far more gratifying if you do it with the kids YOU were in the trenches with throughout the year. Just because it's allowable doesn't mean it's acceptable in my book. Chasing a title with rented players, at the expense of your own, just isn't right IMO. It's a small world so everyone knows which teams these are.

I agree, SBforsure! Good point. We all know those "big name"organizations, but obviously no one seems to call them out for constantly doing it. So that is why you will see more and more teams try to pick up other players for PGF and other championships. Those "big name" organizations showed us all how to do it. It is now the norm in order to win championships.
Hurricane

PreviousNext

Return to CA