Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best "03" teams in so cal

by TeamMadi13 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Don't over look or under estimate,,,the Dogs!
Congratulation to So Cal Dirtdogs Romero going 7-0 this week-end in Triple Crown Gluv-Mothers day Tournament.
This team has has a soft bark but a Big Bite! Great pitching and Big Bats up and down the line up.
TeamMadi13

by SBforsure » Thu May 12, 2016 11:49 am

In my opinion Dirt Dogs- Romero is a top 5 team. Unfortunately, when only 2 of the 20 teams in the tournament are PGF qualified going 7-0 is nothing to bark about.
SBforsure

by SBforsure » Thu May 12, 2016 2:39 pm

An who's going to be happy for the little .04 girls that got stomped on by a much stronger team, lol? I get it, they saw an easy path to free jerseys so they capitalized on the opportunity.

As I previously said Romero is a top team, no doubt, but this weekends performance did nothing to improve their ranking.
SBforsure

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:01 pm

SBforsure wrote:An who's going to be happy for the little .04 girls that got stomped on by a much stronger team, lol? I get it, they saw an easy path to free jerseys so they capitalized on the opportunity.

As I previously said Romero is a top team, no doubt, but this weekends performance did nothing to improve their ranking.

No need to feel happy or sad for them. A younger team is not expected to beat most older teams so they know exactly what they're getting into when they play. Don't begrudge the Dirt Dogs because they happened to be one of the older and best teams there. You play who's in front of you, right?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dialingnine » Thu May 12, 2016 3:46 pm

I hear ya. It was only a couple weeks ago Dirt Dogs drove out to Texas to steal a PGF birth and got donkey stomped by average 04 teams that didn't qualify. Anything can happen... Right? :lol:
dialingnine

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:05 pm

dialingnine wrote:I hear ya. It was only a couple weeks ago Dirt Dogs drove out to Texas to steal a PGF birth and got donkey stomped by average 04 teams that didn't qualify. Anything can happen... Right? :lol:

Totally agree.

But I'm a dreamer. Heck I'm thinking someday you and others will learn the difference between birth and berth, too. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by T85836 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:08 pm

I agree that the teams at this past TCS tournament did not seem strong. The only teams that I see were Firecrackers Oaks and Firecrackers King and neither one of those teams even got to the championship game. Dirtdogs you did what you were suppose to do. I don't know what happened in Texas but even trying to make that trip where we know the teams are strong says something about your manager and parents. Not saying it would be a move I would make but they must have allot of confidence in their team to try that. I don't see the difference from them going to Texas to get a berth and other teams going to Portland to get a berth. Congrats Dirtdogs on your berth in Vegas!!!

In my opinion they are one of few teams that can play with what we should all agree is the top 03 team out there in Powersurge Bachtell. They played them to a 2 to 0 game at the past So Cal PGF tournament.
T85836

by SBforsure » Mon May 23, 2016 1:52 pm

A few months ago I put together my top 15 12u teams in So Cal, in no particular order. This is how these teams are ranked, based on Flo Softballs national rankings, that came out last week.

FLO National Rankings
Power Surge Bachtell #1
Ohaha Tigers Sanchez #6
Firecrackers Oakes #11
Dirtdogs Romero #28
So Cal 3D #8
So Cal A's Angulo #14
So Cal A's Mercado/Suarez #12
So Cal A's Lewis Not Ranked
Corona Angels Red #9
Batbuster Garcia #3
Batbuster Maroon Not Ranked
Batbuser Banuelos Not Ranked
Batbuster Pantages #32
Firecracker King-Enzy #15
Lakewood Hustlers Not Ranked
Choppers-Gurule (not on my list) #23

First of all great job So Cal!! 9 (10 if you include DD-Romero) of the top 20 teams in the nation are from this area.

I believe that overall they did a pretty good job identifying the top teams. A few surprises:
1. Dirt Dog Romero at #28. Should be top 10 imo
2. Choppers Gurule, although they're improving, was given a very favorable ranking. They weren't in my top 15.
3. Batbuster Maroon should be at least top 50.
4. Firecracker Enzy- Definitely top 50, not sure about top 15.
5. Batbuster Garcia at #3 nationally was a bit surprising.

Thoughts??
SBforsure

by T85836 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Here my thoughts:

FLO National Rankings
Power Surge Bachtell #1 - They are deserving of this ranking.
Ohaha Tigers Sanchez #6 - Good spot for this team.
Firecrackers Oakes #11 - Ranked a little higher than I would have put them. Still a top 20 team in my opinion.
Dirtdogs Romero #28 - They in my opinion really missed on this team. They should be ranked in the top 10 for sure.
So Cal 3D #8 - Good spot for this team.
So Cal A's Angulo #14 - A top 20 team for sure.
So Cal A's Mercado/Suarez #12 - Ranked a little high in my opinion but still a top 20 team.
So Cal A's Lewis Not Ranked - Should be a top 50 team for sure.
Corona Angels Red #9 - Not a top 10 team. I would have them somewhere between 15 and 11.
Batbuster Garcia #3 - Way to high for this team. 3D, Ohana Tigers Sanchez and Dirtdogs Romero are better deserving.
Batbuster Maroon Not Ranked - They have this one ALL wrong. Should be a top 20 team for sure.
Batbuser Banuelos Not Ranked - A top 50 team. Maybe somewhere between 50 and 40.
Batbuster Pantages #32 - This team should be in the top 30.
Firecracker King-Enzy #15 - Way to high for this spot. Somewhere between 30 and 25.
Lakewood Hustlers Not Ranked - Should be a top 50 team. Hurt to lose their number 1 pitcher to Powersurge though.
Choppers-Gurule (not on my list) #23 - Should be somewhere between 25 and 35

Surprises:

1. Dirt Dog Romero at #28. We have played this team a few times this year and they are awfully tuff. Great pitching.
2. Ohana Tigers Helms - Should have a least cracked the top 50
3. Batbuster Maroon - Top 20 team.
4. Firecracker Enzy- 15 is way to high for a team that has not gotten a PGF berth and is relying on an invite.
5. Batbuster Garcia at #3 nationally was a bit surprising. I could not agree more. What has this team even done?
T85836

by Dugoutdirt » Mon May 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Well rankings are just that. Rankings and opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with where everyone is placed (especially if you are on the team that got placed lower than some other team you maybe beat in a friendly once...)

I don't have a Flo account, but of what's been posted above, all the teams you've listed, whether you think are too high or too low, are deserving of being on the list since they are all mentioned so much in these threads. I've seen just about all of these teams in action and every single one of them are deserving teams. Great job So Cal.

From above, I'm surprised at only two mentions, BB Maroon and Hustlers not being ranked at all. That's too bad. These are two pretty awesome teams and I'm sure they will prove it this summer. Everyone else, good job!
Dugoutdirt
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA