Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best "03" teams in so cal

by TSJ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:44 am

I agree, SBforsure! Good point. We all know those "big name"organizations, but obviously no one seems to call them out for constantly doing it. So that is why you will see more and more teams try to pick up other players for PGF and other championships. Those "big name" organizations showed us all how to do it. It is now the norm in order to win championships.

Hurricane wrote:
SBforsure wrote:"Congrats to those teams that are trying to win championships developing the players they have. They shouldnt worry about what other teams are doing as it is far more gratifying and honorable to dance with who brought you to the dance. But dont hate on those trying to upgrade to compete with you".

Well said TSJ. The accomplishment is far more gratifying if you do it with the kids YOU were in the trenches with throughout the year. Just because it's allowable doesn't mean it's acceptable in my book. Chasing a title with rented players, at the expense of your own, just isn't right IMO. It's a small world so everyone knows which teams these are.

I agree, SBforsure! Good point. We all know those "big name"organizations, but obviously no one seems to call them out for constantly doing it. So that is why you will see more and more teams try to pick up other players for PGF and other championships. Those "big name" organizations showed us all how to do it. It is now the norm in order to win championships.

In the past those "big name" organizations use pick up players as a tool to recruit players they wish to add to the team next year. The teams that win or compete on finals day of nationals is usually pretty well prepared already. Its the second tier teams that use them to try and compete with those teams and get to finals or championship Sunday. All in all its a choice and a preference based on needs and desires. And if your good enough everyone has a choice on what team or kind of team they wish to play on. Otherwise it sounds like sour grapes trying to call out those teams that do it. The harsh reality is it has become a business for many and $ trumps your daughters fellings most of the time..from my experience and pov....
TSJ

by Hurricane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 am

um, yeah. Sorry Grapes. um. Sure. Whatever. "recruit". ah, yeah.

Sounds like you are trying to justify what those "big name" organizations have done to the game of softball for the children. These organizations recognized that parents will pay $$$ in order for their DD to play softball. Then, they steal...er, I mean, recruit players from other teams and disrupt the harmony in the team game all in the name of winning. Hey, it worked for them. And no one called them out for ruining the innocence of the game. They took softball to the next level of competition. So, now, this is the new normal for Travel Ball Softball. But not everyone has to like it this way.
Hurricane

by TSJ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 am

Hurricane......it is a sad state however you only have parents to blame as they are the ones paying the cost they ask.....people will take what they are given and it is guven as parents could have choosen to stay on teams that dont charge to damn much.....it is what it is and you say calling them out on it like they dont know hahahaha....others before you have complained about it and others agter you will....there are some teams out there that do it differently but youll have to find and deal with what ever issues come with those teams...good luck finding what your looking for....
TSJ

by Hurricane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:39 am

ha - I am done finding what I'm looking for - and I had found it. Thank God!

And I agree with you. I'm just making sure we don't overlook that it takes two to tango: The OC "big-names" recognized that source of income before other organizations decided to play catch-up. They realized parents are willing to pay all kinds of costs, so they provided the venue for parents to spend. It is what it is. That doesn't mean it's good for the "sport" overall. The OC cartel showed everyone else how to go about winning championships. Not hearts, but championships. Good for them. I think.
Hurricane

Previous

Return to CA