Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

BOYCOTT SINGLE UMPIRE TOURNAMENTS & FRIENDLIES

by Emmett » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:30 am

I NEED TO SPEAK MY MIND AFTER ATTENDING A COUPLE FRIENDLIES AS WELL AS A TOURNAMENT THIS FALL.....

THERE ARE A COUPLE TEAMS AND SOME PEOPLE WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ,THAT ARE HOSTING BOTH TOURNAMENTS AND FRIENDLIES USING SINGLE UMPIRES
CHARGING BOTH TEAMS FOR TWO UMPIRES WHILE MAKING LOTS OF MONEY

UMPIRES ARE NOT PAID ENOUGH! THAT IS WHY THE UMPIRES AT THESE FRIENDLIES OR TOURNAMENTS ARE SO BAD... EVER HEARD - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ?

WE PLAYED IN A TOURNAMENT, PAID $70 A GAME, BOTH TEAMS = $140
UMPIRES WERE PAID $40 PER GAME, ONE UMPIRE.....
PROFIT OF $100 PER GAME CORRECT

OVER 100 TEAMS IN THESE TOURNAMENTS AND FRIENDLIES WHERE THESE PEOPLE SECURE MULTIPLE FIELDS , OVER CHARGE, DO NOT SUPPLY GAME BALLS !
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY USE ONE UNDERPAID UMPIRE THAT IS USUALLY
NOT EVEN A QUALITY UMPIRE...

BACK IN THE DAY, AND I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS A LONG TIME....
WE PAID UMPIRES FAIRLY, TWO ALWAYS PER GAME, QUALITY UMPIRES, DID NOT OVER CHARGE TO MAKE A PROFIT..... GAMES WERE ALWAYS 1:45 WITH A 15 MIN BREAK

NOW GAMES ARE 1:15, 1:20, DROP ...... SOMETIMES YOU ONLY GET IN 3 OR 4 INNINGS
KIDS GET SOMETIMES ONLY ONE OR TWO AT BATS IN A GAME....

AT WHAT THE EXPENSE OF SOME JERK OFF MAKING A PROFIT ON YOUR TEAM AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR PLAYERS....
COMPLETE BULLSHIT....
YOU HAVE A CHOICE...
DONT ATTEND THESE FRIENDLIES OR TOURNAMENTS- PERIOD

THEY ALSO LET BIG NAME TEAMS PLAY FOR FREE TO ATTRACT OTHER TEAMS SO IT LOOKS LIKE A HIGH QUALITY TOURNEY OR FRIENDLY
SOMETIMES THEY EVEN LIST BIG NAME TEAMS AND THOSE TEAMS NEVER EVEN PLAY AT ALL....

IM SORRY BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ....
COLLEGE COACHES WANT TO SEE TEAMS PLAY 7 INNING GAMES, AND PLAY GAMES THAT MEAN SOMETHING
THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE....

AGAIN , BACK IN THE DAY WE WOULD PLAY IN A FRIENDLY, HIGH QUALITY TEAMS, EVERY GAME VERY COMPETITIVE, 1:45, EVERYONE GOT GOOD PLAYING TIME, AND A QUALITY OPPONANT.. YEAH TRAVEL BALL IS WATERED DOWN TREMENDOUSLY, LOTS OF BAD TEAMS, LOTS OF MULTIPLE TEAMS IN ONE ORGANIZATION ECT...
BUT YOU HAVE A CHOICE, MAKE YOUR TEAM BETTER, PLAY REAL GAMES , NOT A SHORTENED GAME WITH ONE UMPIRE AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR KIDS AND TEAM TO MAKE SOME JERK OFF ALOT OF MONEY...

LETS DO THE MATH, 50 TEAM FRIENDLY, PROFIT $100 PER GAME 3 GAMES PER TEAM
CRAZY HUH ? WHAT IF THERE ARE 100 OR 150 TEAMS IN THESE TOURNEYS OR FRIENDLIES ?

IM ALL FOR A TEAM MAKING MONEY, BUT NOT SOME JERK OFF THAT COACHES SOME BELOW AVG TEAM, THAT SECURES FIELDS WITH HIS BUDDY THAT WORKS FOR THE CITY... THESES GUYS ARE MAKING THOUSANDS OF YOUR DOLLARS EVERY WEEKEND
AND AGAIN ITS WRONG, COMPLETE BULLSHIT...
YOU HAVE A CHOICE, ITS UP TO YOU.

I WILL NOT PLAY IN A TOURNEY OR A FRIENDLY WITH ONE UMPIRE

OH YEAH, LETS TALK ABOUT FIELDS, THEY DONT EVEN RAKE OR DRAG THE FIELDS..
LETS TALK ABOUT SNACK BARS, THEY DONT EVEN RUN A SNACK BAR, THEY SELL THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE FYI...

I COULD GO ON FOREVER... LETS GET BACK TO QUALITY FRIENDLIES AND QUALITY TOURNAMENTS WITH GOOD UMPIRES AND FIELDS DRAGGED AND PREPPED, AND 1:45 GAMES.. LET THE KIDS GET IN A COMPLETE GAME WHERE THEY GET SEVERAL AT BATS

MIKE SMITH, BATBUSTERS SMITH,
HEAD COACH CHINO HS
THERE YOU HAVE MY NAME
RUN WITH IT PEOPLE......
Emmett
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BBCoach2020 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:37 am

Basically what everyone is thinking, but no one has the balls to say.
BBCoach2020
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:22 pm

So this weekend we will see TWO umpires, dragged fields between games and a bomb snack bar?

Just checking...
tbjd33

by B34R DOWN » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:49 pm

I agree 100%...

I think the best way to make this really happen is to make sure your organization takes the lead and implements this in all Batbuster friendlies and tournaments... If you guys set the bar being one of the biggest organizations it will force others to do the same... Start a trend a put the other guys out of business by doing it the right way... Maybe sway some of the other bigger organizations to do this also...
B34R DOWN

by Tyler Durden » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:34 pm

tbjd33 wrote:So this weekend we will see TWO umpires, dragged fields between games and a bomb snack bar?

Just checking...

Good questions....better avoid this friendly that's posted on the friendly page, it's a 1:20 drop dead...

"Oc Batbusters is hosting a 10U, 12U 14U 16U and 18U friendly on Saturday January 30th 2016 at Big League Dreams West Covina .Whittier Parks and Surrounding areas..Please come and join us on some great games.

Cost:
18U and 16U $70 per game
14U 12U and 10U $55 per game
1:20 Drop"
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:"Oc Batbusters is hosting a 10U, 12U 14U 16U and 18U friendly on Saturday January 30th 2016 at Big League Dreams West Covina .Whittier Parks and Surrounding areas..Please come and join us on some great games.

Cost:
18U and 16U $70 per game

I'm curious about the price difference - are the older groups paying more for "exposure" or is there an underlying difference in cost (e.g. umpires, fields)?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Emmett wrote:I NEED TO SPEAK MY MIND AFTER ATTENDING A COUPLE FRIENDLIES AS WELL AS A TOURNAMENT THIS FALL.....

THERE ARE A COUPLE TEAMS AND SOME PEOPLE WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ,THAT ARE HOSTING BOTH TOURNAMENTS AND FRIENDLIES USING SINGLE UMPIRES

UMPIRES ARE NOT PAID ENOUGH! THAT IS WHY THE UMPIRES AT THESE FRIENDLIES OR TOURNAMENTS ARE SO BAD... EVER HEARD - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ?

Where would they get an umpire for $40, let alone to work solo?

Name them if they're not delivering what they promised.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:57 pm

PDad wrote:
Emmett wrote:I NEED TO SPEAK MY MIND AFTER ATTENDING A COUPLE FRIENDLIES AS WELL AS A TOURNAMENT THIS FALL.....

Where would they get an umpire for $40, let alone to work solo?

Name them if they're not delivering what they promised.

Name them? It's pretty much every friendly out there. One umpire is the norm especially for friendlies. Man even PGF and especially Surf City doesn't always drag the fields in between games. I take notice cause my DD is an infielder.

I don't know... Batbuster... PGF.... Surf City... Connection?!?!

Maybe just funny coincidence. Just sayin.
tbjd33

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Lots of valid points there it appears. Although I have to say it was very difficult to get thru your post. I know you were upset but please coach, DO NOT USE ALL-CAPS.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
PDad wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:"Oc Batbusters is hosting a 10U, 12U 14U 16U and 18U friendly on Saturday January 30th 2016 at Big League Dreams West Covina .Whittier Parks and Surrounding areas..Please come and join us on some great games.

Cost:
18U and 16U $70 per game

I'm curious about the price difference - are the older groups paying more for "exposure" or is there an underlying difference in cost (e.g. umpires, fields)?

WI have seen friendlies where the you gets have one blue, orders get two.

??
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA