Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

BOYCOTT SINGLE UMPIRE TOURNAMENTS & FRIENDLIES

by blue1956 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Coach Smith post is funny.... Complaining about tour, and friendlies be to expensive . When he's having a tour this coming weekend and is charging $800 for 5 games per team . So let me get this straight that's $160 per game per team =$320 a game!!! And that's actually a discount since the original price was $1000 per team!! Come on Mike Smith don't be upset that two teams dropout of your who's who of softball tour! You really come off sounding legit at first but in reality you come off sounding like sore ass!! I'm also sure there will be a lot of complaints at your tournament also there has been last two years I've been there... Just don't set up the schedule in your favor or use someone else's stud pitcher to get you to the end!! It's all softball just play !! Just sayin!!
blue1956

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:53 am

Spazsdad wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No idea what happened there.

Thought you might be talking about the snack bar! :lol: :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 am

Spazsdad wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No idea what happened there.

Damn awfulcorrect struck again! :lol: I ran it through Google translate several times with different languages and it finally came up with:

What I have seen friendlies where the youngers gets have one blue, olders get two.

Any guesses on which language worked?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:23 am

blue1956 wrote:Coach Smith post is funny.... Complaining about tour, and friendlies be to expensive . When he's having a tour this coming weekend and is charging $800 for 5 games per team . So let me get this straight that's $160 per game per team =$320 a game!!! And that's actually a discount since the original price was $1000 per team!! Come on Mike Smith don't be upset that two teams dropout of your who's who of softball tour! You really come off sounding legit at first but in reality you come off sounding like sore ass!! I'm also sure there will be a lot of complaints at your tournament also there has been last two years I've been there... Just don't set up the schedule in your favor or use someone else's stud pitcher to get you to the end!! It's all softball just play !! Just sayin!!

And you appear to have valid points as well, but in my eyes Coach Smith gets the slight nod here as to who is more "legit" because at least we know who he is.

"Just sayin'!!"
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Emmett » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Not here to banter back and forth as I don't have time. I have never posted anything on the bucket other than when we are looking for a player or posting for a friendly or tourney..

I have pulled my team out of these friendlies before because of unplayable fields,
I asked the person collecting money for one of these tourneys why we had only one umpire for 16s and 14 s? They could not provide an answer? I don't feel that even 12 u should play with one umpire if your both teams are paying a fee.. Period.
And I find it hilarious that they don't even provide game balls !!

I don't need to justify what I do or say, I don't give a rats behind what other tourney or friendly is being held the same time as mine either.. Good teams will pay for quality games with good umpires on good fields period..

The money we raise or charge pays for my teams flights and travel during the summer. I am paying over $13000 for field permits and 2 umpires at ALL pool play and bracket games this weekend....

Not sure who you are Blue 56 ? Grow some wevos and put your name on your post?
Or just keep playing in a tourney or friendly on bad fields with bad umpires stuffing the pocket book of some jerk off instead of the money going to the team that is hosting or running these things....

For everyone else, come by this weekend and watch some quality teams play on good fields with 2 PGF umpires on every 1:45 min game.....
Have a great weekend... I'm out.
Emmett
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Mike Smith,

I pesonally agree with you complaints regarding these events. I'm happy to see someone who is considered to be a valued member of the softball community speak out. I would just say, remember when you speak/post you represent your organization as well as your high school. Getting caught up with exchages with posters on here only puts a black eye on your organization and your high school. Fair or not, you are held to a higher standard.
fontana10!

by eclipse09 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Not a big fan of boycotts. Just seems to get people interested in the item being boycotted instead of addressing the real issue.

Communicating to the organization or company as to why you are not participating in their event or buying their product goes a long way to making that product better. Leaving and just telling the middle person doesn't do you any good either. Money talks so letting the real person in charge know what is going on along with speaking with your pocketbook goes a long way.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:52 pm

eclipse09 wrote:Not a big fan of boycotts. Just seems to get people interested in the item being boycotted instead of addressing the real issue.

Communicating to the organization or company as to why you are not participating in their event or buying their product goes a long way to making that product better. Leaving and just telling the middle person doesn't do you any good either. Money talks so letting the real person in charge know what is going on along with speaking with your pocketbook goes a long way.

Your assuming people care. There are so many teams now days they will fill their tourney rosters. Way to easy!

Of subject but might help:
I do feel there needs to be a rating system. In travel baseball there is a rating system based on points and win in quality tourneys. They rank them as major, AAA and AA. Maybe softball can call it D1 (elite level or extremely competitive teams) , D2 (competitive teams and some extreme competitive) D3 (newly formed teams and converted rec teams.

It works and might help the diluted games each weekend. It's getting old. As organized as softball seems it is very unorganized overall in this area.

Now Coach Smith's tourney this weekend is hands down a D1 level tourney.

Just wild thoughts I'm putting out there...
tbjd33

by tvarg » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Been to your so called tour not only were the umpires horrible they were too old and couldnt even move themselves into the right position to make the right call so called pgf umpires .batbusters are a water down organization and so are you quit crying your doing the samething
tvarg

by tbjd33 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Punctuation is your friend

He must have a Droid... LOL!
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to CA