Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

BOYCOTT SINGLE UMPIRE TOURNAMENTS & FRIENDLIES

by Crabby_Bob » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm

What's a 'wevo'? :?
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by PDad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Crabby_Bob wrote:What's a 'wevo'? :?

Probably a huevo...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:26 pm

tvarg wrote:Been to your so called tour not only were the umpires horrible they were too old and couldnt even move themselves into the right position to make the right call so called pgf umpires .batbusters are a water down organization and so are you quit crying your doing the samething

Coach Spicoli: What the teams were saying was, Hey! You know, we left this Friendly place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 pm

I appreciate the frank comments from Mike Smith.

I don't know him or his team, but at least he puts his name out there and calls it for what it is....thank you.

I've been to many of these types of friendlies and they are getting more and more "watered down". I don't mind an organization trying to raise funds, but, gouging others is not what it's about.
Hurricane

by BB2830 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

Also agree with all of the post regarding 1 ump, field prep, 1:20 drop, etc. but a little ironic when charging $1,000 for a 2 day, team run tournament. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us could charge that kind of dollars and have our teams travel to D9, IDT, etc. paid for? :o :o Kind of the definition of gouging!!!
BB2830

by Crabby_Bob » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:10 pm

PDad wrote:
Crabby_Bob wrote:What's a 'wevo'? :?

Probably a huevo...

You're no fun. :(
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by Tyler Durden » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm

BB2830 wrote:Also agree with all of the post regarding 1 ump, field prep, 1:20 drop, etc. but a little ironic when charging $1,000 for a 2 day, team run tournament. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us could charge that kind of dollars and have our teams travel to D9, IDT, etc. paid for? :o :o Kind of the definition of gouging!!!

Every time I see a thread that accuses:

1-teams of charging too much for friendlies; 2-teams of charging too much for team dues; 3-PGF of running a shitty overpriced tournament; 4-ASA of running a shitty overpriced poorly-located ;) tournament; 5-private coaches of charging too much for too little;

I channel my inner JonBovi and reply, "The Cost of All Things is What the Market Will Bear".....so calling for a boycott, on its face, seems the appropriate way to get the price to be what you want it to be. Good luck with that.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by USCpride » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:56 pm

I've looked into giving a friendly in the city where we practice and where I live. Both Where similar in how the fee structures were for teams to rent fields for a day. At Ayala Park in Chino it's 25 dollars a field plus an 50 an hour admin fee. Then of course you have to add that park on your insurance(about 35.00) not much and if you need lights it's 14 dollars an hour.

Corona is 40 dollars a field, ten dollars an hour for lights, no admin fee. (plus insurance additions)

It's the reason why my team has never given a friendly where we actually practice or play. (we've only given two in Fontana it's hard work!) Do you think cost of the field could factor in why they charge both teams for an ump? For us Fontana was the most travel ball friendly City. Field rental for the day runs close to 600.00.(with everything included)
With teams that drop at the last moment,( don't you hate that?) or not filling your schedule. You are still responsible for those fees upfront. If you've ever given a friendly you understand what I mean. I think I rather sell candy than host a friendly sometimes. It's nerve racking.

I've always wondered how people were able to get so many fields. The cost of renting a field in my area is staggering.

I'm just a 12u team, but the budget is always a concern. I've been in travel since 2000. It's been the same way forever, not saying it's right but it hasn't changed. It doesn't bother me that much at a friendly to have one ump at 12u, but at a tournament I expect to have 2 umpires. It's not a learning moment anymore :)

My 12u team will probably not host another friendly for a long time, we're still traumatized from the fall lol. Our 14u Core team is still brave enough to host.

This is just my humble opinion, I thought I throw it out there about cost of running a friendly unless you get free fields. If you do Call me!

Michelle Carter
Corona Angels 04
USCpride
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Update.. Two umpires all Legit PGF umpires. All fields taken care of and lined after each game. Great comp all day. Bomb Tacos all day!

Couldn't have asked for more... Great tourney Coach Smith!!
tbjd33

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 pm

tbjd33 wrote:Update.. Two umpires all Legit PGF umpires. All fields taken care of and lined after each game. Great comp all day. Bomb Tacos all day!

Couldn't have asked for more... Great tourney Coach Smith!!

33, although I appreciate your post and I mostly side with Coach Smith here, your opinion could be perceived as biased since IIRC your DD plays in the BB org.

Then again, I have come to know you to be a man of your word and of conviction. Albeit I almost always disagree with your "word" and "conviction". :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA