Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

OKAY SO WHATS ENOUGH!!!!

by PDad » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm

USCpride wrote:Do remember back in the day you had to earn points to be considered a gold team. If you didn't have enough points you were rank and considered 18A team. Now all you have to do is put "Gold" behind your name.

I've always wondered why they stopped doing that.

Wow, I hear that was a long, long time ago...

I'm only familiar with the Gold classification system around 2009-10 that was put together by the coaches that later formed PGF to limit the number of teams in Gold Qualifiers. Those Gold classifier tourneys were only held for 2 years because they weren't needed after PGF was established.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Dowhatulike wrote:
USCpride wrote:Do remember back in the day you had to earn points to be considered a gold team. If you didn't have
enough points you were rank and considered 18A team. Now all you have to do is put "Gold" behind your
name.

There are too many teams now...it isn't like before. the number of teams, coaches and players have increased drastically!!!

Too many teams is exactly why a system needs to be created. Need to filter out less talented, coached and organized teams. It will take away the guessing!
tbjd33

by Dowhatulike » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:04 am

tbjd33 wrote:
Dowhatulike wrote:
USCpride wrote:Do remember back in the day you had to earn points to be considered a gold team. If you didn't have
enough points you were rank and considered 18A team. Now all you have to do is put "Gold" behind your
name.

There are too many teams now...it isn't like before. the number of teams, coaches and players have increased drastically!!!

Too many teams is exactly why a system needs to be created. Need to filter out less talented, coached and organized teams. It will take away the guessing!

I agree on the unified system but regardless what everyone says there are just too many teams out there!!! Come on there is too many watered down programs and I think it brings do0wn the talent. If you play at a certain level then guess what?????!!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Dowhatulike wrote:

I agree on the unified system but regardless what everyone says there are just too many teams out there!!! Come on there is too many watered down programs and I think it brings do0wn the talent. If you play at a certain level then guess what?????!!!!

Your obsession with exclamation points SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tap the brakes.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Dowhatulike wrote:

Your obsession with exclamation points SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tap the brakes.

Yep, it's almost as bad as the ALL-CAPS guy. Just make it stop.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Dowhatulike wrote:

Lol you must be one of daddies were talking about HahahHha! !!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nicelag » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Spazsdad wrote:And I believe this could be cleaned up if TB behaved like other club sports. Teams are ranked; i.e. Gold, silver, bronze, etc and that is who you play against on the weekends. If you have success you get moved up, if you don't you get relegated down. That way you don't have new, inexperienced teams losing 15-0 and accomplishing nothing while strong teams are challenged to stay on top. Also, players are rostered for a season and you stay there or don't play. No hopping teams.
Of course that would take either one sanctioning body or cooperation between existing ones and don't hold your breath there.

Agreed. With the large number of teams in 10U now, and the huge disparity between many of the teams talent wise, it would definitely be beneficial.
Nicelag

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Nicelag wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:And I believe this could be cleaned up if TB behaved like other club sports. Teams are ranked; i.e. Gold, silver, bronze, etc and that is who you play against on the weekends. If you have success you get moved up, if you don't you get relegated down. That way you don't have new, inexperienced teams losing 15-0 and accomplishing nothing while strong teams are challenged to stay on top. Also, players are rostered for a season and you stay there or don't play. No hopping teams.
Of course that would take either one sanctioning body or cooperation between existing ones and don't hold your breath there.

Agreed. With the large number of teams in 10U now, and the huge disparity between many of the teams talent wise, it would definitely be beneficial.

Nicelag, I believe it was you that made the point in a post recently that every parent of a 10U Rec player thinks their kid is All-Star caliber. That is so incredibly spot-on and truly underscores why 10U travel ball has taken off.

I haven't been to a single 10U travel ball game, but I can only imagine how poor the quality of play must be for most teams and how wide the disparity level must be between the few top tier teams and the rest.

My first thought is that some of these kids are going to get hurt. And my second thought is that every single 10U parent whose kid is currently playing travel ball and reading this post thinks their kid is okay because they're in the top tier.

It's just tragic. My kid played Rec, including All-Stars, through her first year of 12U (she had turned 12 in January and played thru June). Anyone who thinks their kid needs to play travel ball before that is sorely mistaken. Her fondest memories are of her Rec days and today she is good enough to play with/against anyone in the country at her age.

That may sound like a brag and part of it is, but most of it is to make the point that if your kid's got the goods they've got the goods and don't need to be rushed into travel. Let them enjoy their childhood and play with their friends and represent their local town instead of feeding your overly competitive adult ego, you won't be sorry that you did.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:48 pm

I wonder if some of the rush to TB is because parents want better competition for their DD's? They think that because their DD is so good, they want her to play against better competition. The problem with that is the competition is so diluted now in TB, that the competition is no better than most 10U All-Star teams.
Hurricane

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Oh wait I forgot one very important thing...How is your DD going to verbal at age 13 if she doesn't start playing travel at age 9?

What the hell I was I thinking... :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA