Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

OKAY SO WHATS ENOUGH!!!!

by SDTitans » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:10 pm

I like how some 10u teams play 4 games on a sunday friendly...but hey the orgs got to get that money..
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:20 am

Spazsdad wrote:
SDTitans wrote:I like how some 10u teams play 4 games on a sunday friendly...but hey the orgs got to get that money..

What does the number of games have to do with orgs making money? :?: :?:

If you believe that 10u is for making money and that friendlies are also for making money (for the host team/possibly org). Then the more games played at $60 each (one ump, 1:20 game, no game ball, etc.) means more money made... Each Org might have a different agreement with coaches for hosting friendlies. Want to call it a "INSERT ORG NAME HERE Friendly" there might be a fee... If I was running a org looking to score some money that's what I would do... lol :twisted: :lol:
B34R DOWN

by doitallmom41 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 am

Well, here are my thoughts on this issue. We have been in rec ball for 9 seasons now. Our rec league was a total joke this year. The rules of the game kept changing game to game. The umpires were so old they couldn't tell a strike from a ball. And most of the board members didn't even have girls on the teams! They were all on Travel Ball teams! Those members poached all of the good players to start their own travel teams. One of which I have heard has already failed!

My daughter is a pitcher for 4yrs now and because we don't have great coaches, she isn't getting the coaching needed to better her skills for high school. Her pitching coach has been trying for two years to get us to join a travel ball team. And after all the chaos in our league, we are jumping ship!

Now, we aren't trying to start a team as was mentioned earlier. We are just trying to get our daughter on a team so she can have the higher level experience, higher level coaching and hopefully will be on the high school teams in a couple of years. We don't have stars in our eyes..we aren't banking on a scholarship for college. Our daughter wants to play, she wants to pitch and she wants to learn and have fun.

Hopefully, this will help answer the question in a different direction!
doitallmom41

by Hinky » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Some good points made here
dowhatyoulike and spazdad.

So why no unified system in softball like in the other sports?
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am

The earth's rotation has slowed down, I agree with Spazsdad. I don't know what I should do reading all these gems of wisdom. What a bunch of BLAB, I think I'm smart enough to know what is best for my own daughter. You guys ought to join a softball gospel tent revival, your quite the preachers.
C77fastpitch

by Hinky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:38 am

Hinky wrote:Some good points made here
dowhatyoulike and spazdad.

So why no unified system in softball like in the other sports?

is the unified system in other sports
the same across-the-board state to state? Or internally each state?
Hinky

by Skarp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Dowhatulike wrote:
USCpride wrote:Do remember back in the day you had to earn points to be considered a gold team. If you didn't have
enough points you were rank and considered 18A team. Now all you have to do is put "Gold" behind your
name.

I've always wondered why they stopped doing that.

There are too many teams now...it isn't like before. the number of teams, coaches and players have increased drastically!!!

Repeal Title IX.

There, solved it for you. You're welcome.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 pm

doitallmom41 wrote:Well, here are my thoughts on this issue. We have been in rec ball for 9 seasons now. Our rec league was a total joke this year. The rules of the game kept changing game to game. The umpires were so old they couldn't tell a strike from a ball. And most of the board members didn't even have girls on the teams! They were all on Travel Ball teams! Those members poached all of the good players to start their own travel teams. One of which I have heard has already failed!

My daughter is a pitcher for 4yrs now and because we don't have great coaches, she isn't getting the coaching needed to better her skills for high school. Her pitching coach has been trying for two years to get us to join a travel ball team. And after all the chaos in our league, we are jumping ship!

Now, we aren't trying to start a team as was mentioned earlier. We are just trying to get our daughter on a team so she can have the higher level experience, higher level coaching and hopefully will be on the high school teams in a couple of years. We don't have stars in our eyes..we aren't banking on a scholarship for college. Our daughter wants to play, she wants to pitch and she wants to learn and have fun.

Hopefully, this will help answer the question in a different direction!

9 years in Rec?? Job had it easy...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by C77fastpitch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:39 pm

God bliss you doitallmom41- I feel your hurt. We need a coaching education system in this country much like New Zealand is doing with their young players. New Zealand is a country that has long been a fast-pitch softball bastion, and it's progressive softball training system is extraordinary. To find out more about their system, visit softball New Zealand web sight and go to training. It's what softball should be.
C77fastpitch

Previous

Return to CA