Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

10U Travel Teams

by B34R DOWN » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

I was intrigued with how many 10u Travel Teams there are, so I compiled a partial list to try and see how many there are in So Cal. I pulled these teams/names from HB help wanted and TCS. I have a feeling there are quite a few more out there, but it's interesting to say the least...

1 ACE
2 Adrenline - Millard/Viega
3 Artesia Punishers - Goudeau
4 Blue Jays
5 Cal Cruisers - OC
6 Cal Cruisers - Alaan/De Guzman
7 Cal Cruisers - Claremont
8 Cal Raiders
9 California Breeze
10 Corona Angels - Lee
11 Corona Angels - Lydell
12 Corona Angels - Russ
13 Corona Cats - Humphreys
14 Desert Prospects - Schmitt
15 Explosion - Serrano
16 Fierce Murrieta - Mares/Zamora
17 Firecrackers - Danner/Lobes
18 Firecrackers - Halleen/Soto
19 Firecrackers - Hickman
20 Firecrackers - Holcomb/Knight
21 Firecrackers - Jensen/Roberts
22 Firecrackers - Martinez
23 Firecrackers - Thornburg/Lopez
24 Firecrackers IE - Rob
25 Firestormz
26 FTC Thunder - Jerri
27 G-Force
28 IE Dynasty - Karrer
29 IE Dynasty - Martinez 05
30 IE Dynasty - Martinez 06
31 Knuckle UP
32 Lakewood Hustlers - Miramontes
33 OC Batbusters - Cisnero
34 OC Batbusters - Garica
35 OC Batbusters - Lujan
36 OC Crossfire
37 OC Elite - Alison
38 Ohana Tigers - Natividad
39 Ohana Tigers - Sanchez
40 Pico Pride
41 Poway Phantoms
42 Power Surge
43 Primetime Elite - Mora
44 Quakes
45 S C Dynasty - Lilly
46 SA Xtreme - De La Rosa
47 San Diego Sharks SBC
48 SHB Pier Pressure
49 So Cal Athletics - Briggs/Recendez
50 So Cal Athletics - Heyward/Whitlock
51 So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Hovermale
52 So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Martinez
53 So Cal Athletics - Terrones
54 So Cal Choppers - Melton
55 So Cal Diamonds - Lambert
56 So Cal Dirt Dogs - Garcia/Isbel
57 So Cal Jynx - Hernandez
58 So Cal Jynx - Lozano
59 So Cal Select
60 So Cal Venom - Sal
61 SOC Explosion
62 Socal Breakers
63 SoCal Starz -Aguilera/Arellano
64 Sudden Impact
65 Sun Devils - Estrada
66 Team Easton - Vasquez/Mendez
67 tEAM SMiTH - Goluskin/Zamora
68 T-Fire Temcula - Gollihar
69 The Factory - Black
70 USA Athletics - Rogers
B34R DOWN

by PairOfAces » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Only 8 'cracker teams? You must have missed a few? :lol:

Seriously, kudos on having the patience to look up all those teams.

When my youngest was a 1st year 10 player three years ago, she was on a team with all 2nd year 10s and I don't even recall any teams with all 1st year players that season. And I think there were less than 50 teams total.

Waiting on the first 8U travel ball teams to start playing (outside of the winter Christmas tournaments).

I should add that I am talking about the SoCal area, like you listed.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by USCpride » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 am

They have 8u travel in Texas :) lol
USCpride
Premium Member
Premium Member

by orange socks » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 am

USCpride wrote:They have 8u travel in Texas :) lol

I'm in Texas and I think it's ridiculous to have 8U travel teams. Summer All Star teams...okay, but year round...no way. There is a local team advertising for players as a "fully sponsored" team. These kids need to play soccer in fall, basketball in the winter and softball in the spring and summer all stars. Insert any other sport/activity so that they can see what else they may enjoy.
orange socks

by juandoe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:34 am

That is interesting. So the number of 10u travel teams in So Cal has almost doubled in the last 4 years. :shock: In 2012, there were 40 teams
-------------------
So Cal Wicked
Pure Heart
So Cal Choppers-Grey
So Cal Choppers-Black
Case Batbusters
OC Batbusters
So Cal Rage
T2 Courage
Firecrackers 01
Firecrackers 02
West Coast Voodoo
Rampage
Corona Angels
Gamers 01
Gamers 02
So Cal Breakers
Strike Force01
Strike Force 02
SD Fireballs
Rockstars
Power Surge
So Cal Athletics
So Cal Swagger
USA Athletics- Ramos
USA Athletics- Natividad
So Cal Full Throttle
So Cal Rip it
So Cal Warriors 02
Sliderz
Quakes
American Pastime
OC Legends
American Athletics
Primetime
O.C. Dynasty
Team AB
San Diego Elite
So Cal Dreams
Team Boombah
Cal Thunder
juandoe

by CrackinUp » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:44 am

IMO ASAs big push for Select over the last year is a huge factor in why this list has become so long:

Rec leagues have already been plagued by politics since the beginning of time, then you add in another way to drive a wedge between players/families by openly choosing the "best" players in each age group. On top of that you dilute the remainder of the age group so the hope of them ever being competitive becomes very far fetched.

As for the Select players, their parents get the taste travel and start to realize that they can have all of the competitiveness of Select ball, and then some, without the politics of a rec league if they are just willing to pay way more for their daughter to play travel. For many of these families money is not a factor. For the rest of them, the reward out-ways the risk so they find a way to make it happen.

It's really not all that crazy to think that people would rather pay to have the decision of where their daughter plays and who they will play for, then to leave it up to fate twice a year (fall & spring) and hope they don't end up with [ insert crappy coaches name here ].

It will be interesting to see if these inflated numbers persist over time or if it will balance itself out as ASA either continues with Select or ends it and stops the bleeding.
CrackinUp

by SDTitans » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Can blame ASA, but at the end of the day.. it is more players for the orgs to drain money from parents.. They all should have chased the coaches and the parents and players back to rec for another year or so..
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Damage has been done... ASA has fast tracked girls from Rec to Travel with their Select Program... Whole teams are jumping ship to whatever Org will take them... It is creating a vacuum that any talent in Rec now has to decide do they want to play just for fun or go travel and compete... Money might be part of it, but ego (parents) will open that wallet... A few of the teams on this list were Rec All-Star teams just this past Summer, so the Select program isn't totally to blame...
B34R DOWN

by USCpride » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Oh it's ridiculous Orange Socks to have 8u travel teams, but they have them. I think it's very
sad. I loved 8u :(
USCpride
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Damage has been done... ASA has fast tracked girls from Rec to Travel with their Select Program... Whole teams are jumping ship to whatever Org will take them... It is creating a vacuum that any talent in Rec now has to decide do they want to play just for fun or go travel and compete... Money might be part of it, but ego (parents) will open that wallet... A few of the teams on this list were Rec All-Star teams just this past Summer, so the Select program isn't totally to blame...

A lot of blame to go around. ASA is worried about losing skilled players so they got rid of the rule that states 4 players or more can't play travel beyond Feb 1st. This I think has led to more players doing double duty (rec and travel) to chase trophies and nationals at both levels (more players are doing that then trying out the Select format at this time).

Parents and Coaches are not helping the matter much either. I wish honesty was a policy when it comes down to whether a kid or a coach should be involved in travel.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA