Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

legacy/cts

by NYR » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:57 am

does anyone know where the new legacy/cts team will be based out of
NYR

by Play ball » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:55 am

NYR wrote:does anyone know where the new legacy/cts team will be based out of

Stans post says tryouts will be in Escondido but I believe the "indoor hitting facility" listed is in Temecula. His post also indicated that CTS and Legacy are merging...so it's hard to say if he's going to stick with the CTS name or use the Legacy name too? Who knows if this will even work out...didn't CTS and IE Extreme merge for a weekend or two last year?
Play ball

by msieber » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:05 am

If you Google Classic Team Softball and go to their site...it's clear that Legacy and CTS have merged and that they'll be based out of Temecula.
msieber

by Play ball » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

msieber wrote:If you Google Classic Team Softball and go to their site...it's clear that Legacy and CTS have merged and that they'll be based out of Temecula.

Yet you go the San Diego Legacy site and they list the same two startup teams also. Don't forget the tryouts are in San Diego :? And...I haven't seen any posting for CTS tryouts in :?

JMO, but you could also add that a San Diego Legacy/CTS merger is kinda like the Odd Couple too :o
Play ball

by Supersuds » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am

Is their any truth about the pitcher that was with CTS then went to Powersurge96, will be going back to Stan?
Snapcracklepop
Supersuds

by kweimer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Was just informed that this topic was being discussed here by someone else...let me clarify for everyone.

San Diego Legacy will have six teams this Fall...4 existing and 2 additional.

In 18U there will be the existing 18U team that finished 9th at 18U-A ASA Nationals...this team will compete in the Gold Classification Tournaments this Winter and will compete for a berth to 18 Gold Nationals in the summer of 2010. This team is managed by myself (Ken Weimer).

The existing 16U team will move up to the 18U-A level and compete for a berth to Nationals in Menifee/Hemet next summer. This team is managed by Brad Allaband and Jami Tavarez.

The existing 14U team will move up to the 16U level and is managed by Don Grable.

There will be a new '95 14U team managed by Stan Haskell, formerly of CTS. This team will base its on field practices out of Escondido while also working out of an indoor hitting facility in Murrieta.

The existing 12U team that finished 33rd at 12U ASA Nationals will move up and become the '96 14U team. This team is managed by Mike Pierce.

There is a new 12U team that will practice in conjunction with the '95 14U team at times. This team is managed by Warren Brown.

CTS will no longer exist as a travel team but will remain the name of the hitting facility that Stan Haskell runs in Murrieta.

As far as what players will fill the rosters of each of those teams...all of that will be decided as all teams are conducting tryouts over the next two weeks.

Any questions about any of the San Diego Legacy teams can be sent to me directly at kweimer@legacysoftball.com

Hope that helps

Ken
kweimer

by Play ball » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm

kweimer wrote:Was just informed that this topic was being discussed here by someone else...let me clarify for everyone.

San Diego Legacy will have six teams this Fall...4 existing and 2 additional.

In 18U there will be the existing 18U team that finished 9th at 18U-A ASA Nationals...this team will compete in the Gold Classification Tournaments this Winter and will compete for a berth to 18 Gold Nationals in the summer of 2010. This team is managed by myself (Ken Weimer).

The existing 16U team will move up to the 18U-A level and compete for a berth to Nationals in Menifee/Hemet next summer. This team is managed by Brad Allaband and Jami Tavarez.

The existing 14U team will move up to the 16U level and is managed by Don Grable.

There will be a new '95 14U team managed by Stan Haskell, formerly of CTS. This team will base its on field practices out of Escondido while also working out of an indoor hitting facility in Murrieta.

The existing 12U team that finished 33rd at 12U ASA Nationals will move up and become the '96 14U team. This team is managed by Mike Pierce.

There is a new 12U team that will practice in conjunction with the '95 14U team at times. This team is managed by Warren Brown.

CTS will no longer exist as a travel team but will remain the name of the hitting facility that Stan Haskell runs in Murrieta.

As far as what players will fill the rosters of each of those teams...all of that will be decided as all teams are conducting tryouts over the next two weeks.

Any questions about any of the San Diego Legacy teams can be sent to me directly at kweimer@legacysoftball.com

Hope that helps

Ken

Well......why didn't you say that in the first place :o
Play ball

by kweimer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 pm

And to answer another question that I was asked in reference to all of this...

This is not a "merger" between San Diego Legacy and CTS...this is a move for Stan Haskell from CTS to San Diego Legacy. As to be expected some of the players who formally were on CTS may make the move as well to San Diego Legacy.

While I do read these and other message boards with varying frequency I don't participate in many of the discussions. With that being said I encourage all questions regarding San Diego Legacy and its teams to be directed towards me via email.

Thanks again

Ken Weimer
kweimer@legacysoftball.com
kweimer

Return to CA