Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

money used better for tuition?

by hkurowski » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:44 pm

I have a high school Senior that was on travel team for 4 months but it disbanded when the coaches daughter went off to college and a new coach couldn't make the commitment. She has been looking for another team and has tried out but is being told due to her graduation 2016 she is not a fit. She doesn't want to give up and neither do I but at this point we are not sure if the money would be better suited for college tuition? Thoughts of college clinics, waste of money?
hkurowski

by chromo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Check out Qualin's Sharks. Play softball for fun get better do good in college.
chromo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:04 am

hkurowski wrote:I have a high school Senior that was on travel team for 4 months but it disbanded when the coaches daughter went off to college and a new coach couldn't make the commitment. She has been looking for another team and has tried out but is being told due to her graduation 2016 she is not a fit. She doesn't want to give up and neither do I but at this point we are not sure if the money would be better suited for college tuition? Thoughts of college clinics, waste of money?

You should be able to find a place for her even though she's a senior. My daughter picked up on a new team after graduation last year.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am

hkurowski wrote:... She doesn't want to give up and neither do I but at this point we are not sure if the money would be better suited for college tuition? Thoughts of college clinics, waste of money?

I doubt it's hopeless, however you need to focus on finding schools that are recruiting 2016s and your expectations need to be realistic. I know of a couple girls that lost their verbal deals and found new ones the fall of their senior year.

As for waste of money, you shouldn't expect a monetary return unless you've prequalified a school as having strong genuine interest. Everything else is a crap shoot, so only spend what you won't miss...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Also, College coaches will have voids to fill after their season due to injuries, grades and transfers. The key is making sure you are ready. Have your grades sent to the clearing house after your fall semester is posted. Take both the SAT and ACT and have your grades sent to 9999 NCAA. Have a good video showing your batting and fielding skills ready to show. Get on a team that will be going to showcases where colleges you are interested in attend. Know what type of college by size, location and academics you are interested in.

Apply to some colleges where you want to attend but may not get to play softball, because after the playing is done, your education will become very important to you for the rest of your life.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA