Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Monster Mash

by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:07 am

ibleedopticyellow wrote:
05pains wrote:
Crackers4Life wrote:So now that there has been a Big Tournemant who looks good in 10u? 30 Teams is a Big turnout

Well,I watched a lot of games this weekend and I think power surge 05 would have taken it all if it wasn't for the trophy chasing 04 Las Vegas legends....I'm going to make sure we run the score up real good on them come January...I hope they enjoy there 2 seconds of fame...

Power Surge 05 lost to SoCal Diamonds Lambert on Saturday.
Coincidentally that same SoCal Diamonds team played in the championship game on Sunday vs. Las Vegas Legends.

The plot thickens........
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crackers4Life » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:52 am

So Powersurge isn't good? Diamonds must be good to beat them and make it to the ship.. I think Ross "walked on" to Powersurge since he don't do well with tryouts!!! Lmao
The greatest there has ever BEEN!!
Crackers4Life

by ibleedopticyellow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Crackers4Life wrote:So Powersurge isn't good? Diamonds must be good to beat them and make it to the ship.. I think Ross "walked on" to Powersurge since he don't do well with tryouts!!! Lmao

As far as 10U teams go,
Batbusters Cisneros and SoCal A's Mercado/Hovermale had a great game in the SemiFinals.
It would have been great to see a true 10U matchup between our A's & that SoCal Diamonds team.

Congrats to Las Vegas Legends though, the hands down best 12U team still playing 10U this Fall!
ibleedopticyellow

by B34R DOWN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Curious as to how many on the LV were in fact 04 players (1-2, maybe the #1 pitcher)? and I always wonder how a girl who just played 10u 3-4 months ago is now a dynamo in the 10u division she was still playing at? if they are beating down 06 teams that's one thing since they are coming from 8u/Rec ball...

I have no pony in the race just wondering why all the sour grapes...
B34R DOWN

by 05pains » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:38 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Curious as to how many on the LV were in fact 04 players (1-2, maybe the #1 pitcher)? and I always wonder how a girl who just played 10u 3-4 months ago is now a dynamo in the 10u division she was still playing at? if they are beating down 06 teams that's one thing since they are coming from 8u/Rec ball...

I have no pony in the race just wondering why all the sour grapes...

Come on guy are you serious.what's the difference between a first a second year 12 u teams...a hole lot...A year is a big difference...especially at 10 years old...and yes all lv legands are 04's...
05pains

by ibleedopticyellow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:52 pm

LV Legends entire roster is 04.
Besides trophy chasing, what is the point in having those girls play 05 & 06 teams?
We all know that at this developmental age, one year makes a big difference.
ibleedopticyellow

by Crackers4Life » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:10 pm

ibleedopticyellow wrote:LV Legends entire roster is 04.
Besides trophy chasing, what is the point in having those girls play 05 & 06 teams?
We all know that at this developmental age, one year makes a big difference.

Somebody please call the Wambulance for optic, he is butt hurt. Must have not really even had a chance
Crackers4Life

by washedupathlete » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 pm

The lv legends are a 50/50team of 05s/ 04s.
washedupathlete

by Nicelag » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:52 pm

We were actually told by one of the people affiliated with the LV Legends team that they had 04's and (2) 05's that weekend. They also mentioned that they planned on playing 10U until January. My biggest problem was the attitude of the girls. Not need to be cocky and smirky when you are playing below where you should be. If you plan on sending a message to them when they get to 12U in the spring you may have to take a number and wait in line. It seems many teams are looking forward to saying hello.

As far as 10U teams go So Cal Athletics Mercado though small are good and very consistent, but then again they always seem to put out good teams. Most of these girls have already been together for a year. Heard they had 04's pitching and catching. Just hearsay though. Haven't confirmed that myself. If that is the case though things will change for them in the spring as well.

So Cal Diamonds had a good run. No disrespect, but they had by far the easiest route from their bracket in my opinion. OCBB Cisneros is not bad with their (2) new editions which are very good players. OCBB Lujan has been projected to carry the torch, but the jury's still out on that one.

As it stands now I don't think anyone will dominate locally like Flores did last year. Only time will tell though. With the 45+ 10U travel teams this fall the talent is no doubt watered down. We will have to see what happens in January when many of these girls go back to rec and teams start to fold. I think and hear that there will be some movement of good players. If teams can find the right players and players the right team the tables could turn dramatically overnight.

As it stands now the national champion will most likely not come from California in my opinion. It will be one of the out of the state orgs that can corral the talented players onto one team.
Nicelag

by Crackers4Life » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Ocbb Cisneros is solid, A's Mercado is solid, I have seen a few games and don't see anyone catching these 2 in so cal unless a super team is made up from the best players on some of these daddy ball teams. Both Teams had significant adds according to there team pages and are all 05s. I also noticed checking the scores of some of the tournemants, A LOT OF TEAMS ARE SHITTY. Looks like Select ball Kool-aid has been drank and dad's everywhere think 9yr old susie that can't catch or throw is ready for travel. Kinda sucks for the sport
Crackers4Life

PreviousNext

Return to CA