Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Parents stop!!!

by Dowhatulike » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 am

parents can you please stop hounding the recruiters they are trying to do their job!!Coaches if they are watching another game besides yours can you please introduce yourself at the right time...just saying ex bandit coach :o
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tnkrbell13 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 am

Hmmm...can you add in the org that is putting on the showcase...I'd like to have the coach that my kid wrote to actually see her at bat!
Nothing like seeing coach walk away with said organizers while DD hits a 2 rbi double. :roll:
tnkrbell13
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:33 pm

I remember a parent walking up to Karen Weekley a few years ago, and introduced himself as a parent of such and such player, and Karen gave him the death stare, i about died!

One more thing it really irritated me when a big time school was watching our game and, some other teams, (choke,choke) "recruiting coord" whose team was playing four fields over would get this coachs attn and look over his profiles. I mean i understand he is doing his job but jeez, can u let them come to your game and then hit them up.,,, If they wanted your profile sheets ,they would be at YOUR game.. made no sense to me.

I really think org's need to do better job educating the parents about recruiting, so they dont look like idiots walking up to coachs.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 am

Dowhatulike wrote:parents can you please stop hounding the recruiters they are trying to do their job!!Coaches if they are watching another game besides yours can you please introduce yourself at the right time... :o

Wait, what?......When did parents start approaching college coaches at the games? That's fascinating. My youngest kid played during the 2009-2013 years, and it was always crystal clear that NO parent was to approach any college coach during a game, whether it was ours, or when the coach was watching another game. If you did it, you were looking for a new team. I'm surprised that TB coaches are putting up with that now....

That reminds me of an amusing anecdote to this topic. I was in the stands watching the CA's a couple of years ago at HB, and Marty T. was in the 3rd base box. Two-in-a-row of his players K'd looking, and when the second kid got rung up, a bunch of his team parents 'groaned' as Blue called the 3rd strike.....Marty wheels around in the box, and barks at the stands "keep your mouths shut over there, we can't hit anything!" (Well, those weren't his exact words ;) but you catch my drift)

Haha it was crickets in the stands for the rest of that game. And I don't think I ever see any of his parents hounding college coaches during games.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:08 am

good point here in this post. parents pay attention Not Your Role to approach college coaches to try and introduce your daughter's name and blah blah at games. those type of first time introductions should be done through email extensively months previous to your excitement of seeing a college coach at your game. STOP walking up to college coaches and asking them when their next Camp is going to be! look it up online yourself!!!
Let the college coaches and recruiters approach your travel ball coaches.
*If you're having previous, ongoing direct conversation with a college coach, stepping forward and saying hello with a handshake at an appropriate moment when they are not talking to somebody else is acceptable. Keep it limited let the college coaches do their thing.
Hinky

by orange socks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:04 am

This thread should be moved to the College Recruiting section. It's a good reminder to all.
orange socks

by C77fastpitch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:08 pm

I certainly believe parents shouldn't hound college coaches. However, a college coaching job is highly visible and public. It would behoove a lot of coaches and scouts to be a little more personable, and a lot less cocky. Coaching like teaching is a people business. You don't have to put up with crap, but you do have to act human. What comes around goes around, treat others with respect.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

When I was a young lady, I watch what I thought was the greatest pitcher I'd ever seen. What impressed me the most however, was how absolutely personable she was. I never forgot that!! Coaches and players are in the spotlight, a kind word or smile goes a long way! Keep the dream alive!
C77fastpitch

Return to CA