Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Surf City Showcase question

by MC3sMom » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi
Wondering, do they post game scores? I was following a couple games but no scores posted...
MC3sMom

by BB2830 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Have not seen Surf City post any scores. Wish they would like TCS does.
BB2830

by DeuceII » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Not only they do not post scores, more importantly they do not post accepted team early enough to allow athletes time to invite prospective colleges to the tournament to watch them play. I think the Surf City Tournaments doesn't want people to know that a very small amount of college recruiters attend there tournaments so they put as little information on their site to keep people guessing. What part of SHOWCASE they don't understand?
In my opinion TCS or USA PREPS you get more bang for your buck :/
DeuceII

by MC3sMom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Yes, our team is doing the showcase this weekend. My first Surf City showcase, guess it will be a learning experience.
Last edited by MC3sMom on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MC3sMom

by FullCount » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:08 pm

DeuceII wrote:Not only they do not post scores, more importantly they do not post accepted team early enough to allow athletes time to invite prospective colleges to the tournament to watch them play. I think the Surf City Tournaments doesn't want people to know that a very small amount of college recruiters attend there tournaments so they put as little information on their site to keep people guessing. What part of SHOWCASE they don't understand?

My kid's been attending Surf City's showcases for 4+ years now... Can't say I agree with your statement. We've seen quite a lot of (big time) coaches at our games and those on adjacent fields, particularly for this showcase since it follows the OnDeck Camp. Have had a lot of success in coach sightings at the pre-Thanksgiving showcases also.
FullCount

by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:11 am

FullCount wrote:
DeuceII wrote:Not only they do not post scores, more importantly they do not post accepted team early enough to allow athletes time to invite prospective colleges to the tournament to watch them play. I think the Surf City Tournaments doesn't want people to know that a very small amount of college recruiters attend there tournaments so they put as little information on their site to keep people guessing. What part of SHOWCASE they don't understand?

My kid's been attending Surf City's showcases for 4+ years now... Can't say I agree with your statement. We've seen quite a lot of (big time) coaches at our games and those on adjacent fields, particularly for this showcase since it follows the OnDeck Camp. Have had a lot of success in coach sightings at the pre-Thanksgiving showcases also.

Agreed. Douchell is wrong on all counts (except for the no-scores-posted part. Nobody cares about showcase scores). And 3sMOM, in reagrd to a typical weekend tournament, I'd suggest in the future that as soon as your kid's team signs up for a tournament that requires flight, you book the flight, arriving Friday afternoon, and leaving Sunday night. Waiting to see 'what the game times are' is not a good approach. Especially on that flight out on Sunday, when game delays can hose you if you booked too early.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 4th & Forever » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:25 am

Every organization has good and bad about them. I will say Surfcity is absolutely essential to our teams recruiting success. We would not have the results we do without them.
4th & Forever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MC3sMom » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks for the advice and comments everyone. Our team is excited to participate and hopefully we'll get some college exposure.
MC3sMom

by r_pnj_nguyen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Anybody know if the October Showcase schedule is finalized. The site said that it would update the 18U and 16U list of teams on 10/13. I only see the 18U updated as of today and the 16U still showing the 10/09 date.

Is the 16U list being worked on?
r_pnj_nguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softball123 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Here is the link to the Surf City October Showcase.

http://www.surfcitytourneys.com/home.php?layout=968789
softball123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA