Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the Top 12U Teams in So Cal

by sandiego1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:56 pm

SD Elite had another good showing this past weekend, going 7-0 in the TCS Toys for Tots Tourney in San Diego. Perhaps they are a challenger to Power Surge for the best teams coming out of SD.
sandiego1

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 pm

sandiego1 wrote:SD Elite had another good showing this past weekend, going 7-0 in the TCS Toys for Tots Tourney in San Diego. Perhaps they are a challenger to Power Surge for the best teams coming out of SD.

Uh maybe, but there were a lot of travel ball light teams (aka rec all-star teams) in this tournament. Seems like more than usual. A win is a win though.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sandiego1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
sandiego1 wrote:SD Elite had another good showing this past weekend, going 7-0 in the TCS Toys for Tots Tourney in San Diego. Perhaps they are a challenger to Power Surge for the best teams coming out of SD.

Uh maybe, but there were a lot of travel ball light teams (aka rec all-star teams) in this tournament. Seems like more than usual. A win is a win though.

Yep definitely was travel ball light, on Sunday SD Elite played Firecrackers, Batbusters and Power Surge. :lol:
sandiego1

by softballfam55 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Which ones?

It wasn't Power Surge Bachtell or Firecrackers Oakes or Firecrackers Ensey-King, they were all in the American Athletics toys for tots along with Texas Impact and the Corona Angels.

Congrats to the Corona Angels on the win!
softballfam55

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 pm

sandiego1 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:

Yep definitely was travel ball light, on Sunday SD Elite played Firecrackers, Batbusters and Power Surge. :lol:

Don't get defensive. You won the tournament and beat some name brand teams (plus a travel light team). I am saying this does not put you guys in the list of top 12u teams even in San Diego unless you stay consistent and win in the spring when it really counts.

Perhaps SD Elite will challenge PS and other top San Diego teams in the coming months. We will see!! Congrats on the win and congrats on putting a bullseye on SD Elite!! Go get 'em tiger!! :roll:
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sandiego1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:51 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
sandiego1 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:

Don't get defensive. You won the tournament and beat some name brand teams (plus a travel light team). I am saying this does not put you guys in the list of top 12u teams even in San Diego unless you stay consistent and win in the spring when it really counts.

Perhaps SD Elite will challenge PS and other top San Diego teams in the coming months. We will see!! Congrats on the win and congrats on putting a bullseye on SD Elite!! Go get 'em tiger!! :roll:

Actually I have no connection to the SD Elite team other than I know some of the players and coaches. I was kind of joking when I listed the team orgs not the individual teams in response to your travel ball light comment. It does say something about the state of travel ball when you have to ask which team out of a big org it is to try and assess the quality of the team, but it's been that way for a while.

I do agree with your comment about the competition level at TCS Toys tournament, with most of the top tier teams either at AA Toys or taking the weekend off. But, I do think the SD Elite team has done pretty well for not being part of a bigger organization, and is in fact better than many teams that have the big org name attached to them. ;)
sandiego1

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

sandiego1 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
sandiego1 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:

Actually I have no connection to the SD Elite team other than I know some of the players and coaches. I was kind of joking when I listed the team orgs not the individual teams in response to your travel ball light comment. It does say something about the state of travel ball when you have to ask which team out of a big org it is to try and assess the quality of the team, but it's been that way for a while.

I do agree with your comment about the competition level at TCS Toys tournament, with most of the top tier teams either at AA Toys or taking the weekend off. But, I do think the SD Elite team has done pretty well for not being part of a bigger organization, and is in fact better than many teams that have the big org name attached to them. ;)

Well I am rooting for San Diego teams! Hope they keep doing well and get placed into the 12u conversation!! BTW Welcome to Heybucket!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dugoutdirt » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:23 am

Congrats to Corona Angels on winning the American Athletics Toys for Tots tourney. Many tough teams in that tournament. Can't see all the scores from the website, but heard there was some great ball played by Corona Angels, FC Oaks-Young, FC Ensey-King and PS Bachtell. Looking forward to seeing what these teams can do in the spring along with both Ohana Tigers teams and So Cal Athletics Lewis and Angulo.
Dugoutdirt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FCSpecialK » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Some Bracket Scores

Quarters

Corona Angels - FC Ensey-King 5 -4
PS Bachtell - FC Ensey-Vieira 3 - 1

Semi's

PS Bachtell - FC Oakes-Young 10 - 2
FCSpecialK
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SCA18FAN » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Does any know the results for Batbusters Christmas joy 12U tourney?
SCA18FAN
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA