Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the Top 12U Teams in So Cal

by T85836 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Anyone have any updates from 12U freindlies around So Cal? Like to see how some of these teams faired this weekend.
T85836

by MrCoach » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 am

Friendly's are friendly's. 12-13 batters. Girl's switching positions. I wouldn't hold too much value in them. Monster Mash is this weekend. This will give you a better idea how teams are doing.
MrCoach

by T85836 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm

Let's see how these teams did at this past weekends tournament in San Diego.

Powersurge - Bachtell: 8 and 0 and ended up winning the tournament! Looks like the front runner early!!!
Quakes - Romero: 3 and 1 losing in the first round to OC Elite 3 to 1
OCBB - Pantegas: 2 and 2 losing in the first round 9 to 1 to So Cal Athletics (Angulo)
OCBB - Garcia: 6 and 1 losing in the semi finals 4 to 2 to Powersurge (Bachtell)
Firecrackers - Oaks: Did not attend.
So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Suarez: 3 and 1 losing in the first round to Mizuno Storm (Mathis) 10 to 5
So Cal Athletics - Angulo: 6 and 1 losing in semi finals 4 to 3 to Ohana Tigers (Sanchez)
Corona Angeles Red: 3 and 1 losing in the first round 1 to 0 to So Cal 3D (Hernandez)
Ohana Tigers - Sanchez: 7 and 1 losing in the finals 3 to 0 to Powersurge (Bachtell)

Looks as if all these teams won all their pool play games except for Batbusters (Pantages) going 2 and 1 in pool play. Shocking to see Corona Angles and Quakes (Romero) go out early. Going by the scores they seem to be very good games.

Record for the teams listed above is 38 wins and 8 loses. Still sounds like these are the top teams out there after the seasons first big tournament.

There are some teams that looked well like So Cal 3D, Choppers (Gurule), So Cal Athletics (Lewis) and Firecrackers (Ensey-King)
T85836

by Dodgerdawg1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:16 am

Gotta love "the bucket", long time follower but first time to post. I was at monster mash this weekend as well and got a chance to see the competition in 12u. Power surge bachtell is definitely the real deal, and no my kid isn't on that team. Big pitchers with some great speed and big bats too. Had a chance to talk to bachtell after the game and asked him who was his biggest competition this weekend and he without hesitation said Ohana Tigers... I asked which one (we are unhappy with our BB team we are on and looking for a new team) , his answer was .. Both ! Huh? He said Tigers Sanchez and tigers Helms gave him the best competition all weekend . Sounds like that new organization is getting some buzz . Corona Angels Red was a disappointment but not as much as bat buster pantages. The parents looked disgusted and unhappy and their play on the field was sloppy and over rated. Ocbb Garcia looks pretty solid too. Let's see what happens in the near future
Dodgerdawg1

by softballfam55 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm

I would first like to say congrats to Power Surge Bachtell on the Monster Mash victory. Great Job!. Now for Dogerdawgs comment, who I know is a parent on Ohana Tigers Helms but make up stuff and say you are on a Batbuster team!!, You say the Corona Angels Red were a disappointment, they went 3-0 in pool play and drew a very tough team in So Cal 3D and lost 1-0. That is just tough softball. Then you say that Batbusters Pantages was a disappointment and OVER RATED, wow are you serious!!!!!!. I agree they had a tough weekend but if you look at body of work that team made deep runs in every PGF qualifier last season as a younger 12's team and is usually always in the hunt in every tournament. As for the Ohana Tigers. Sanchez team is a top 5 team for sure but Ohana Tigers Helms who I have seen play many times needs a lot of work. There are a lot of teams that I would put in front of them as top 12u teams, Probably about 20 of them!!!! But way to throw your team's name out there and try to get them some love to the (Ohana Tigers Helms)!!!!!

Top 10 teams I have seen:

Power Surge Bachtell-won Monster Mash- has a solid team, good players at every position
Ohana Tigers Sanchez-made it to the finals of Monster Mash- Solid team-well coached
Firecrackers Oakes- who has beaten both of these teams above in friendlies. Has a very deep pitching staff and some big bats
Corona Angels Red- very athletic team, been playing a lot of 14's they will be right there with the teams above
BB Garcia- Made a good run in Monster Mash
So Cal A's Angulo- solid team- made a good run in Monster Mash and has played the teams above very well in friendlies.
So Cal 3D- this team fights and plays together, fun team to watch play. Very well coached
Batbusters Pantages- had a rough weekend but they can jump up and beat any of the teams on this list when they play there game.
So Cal A's Suarez- solid team, have seen them beat some good teams in friendlies-decent showing in Monster Mash ran into a good Arizona team in Storm Mathis
Quakes Romero- have been playing some good ball-lost first round of Monster Mash, but they hadn't lost many games leading up to that this fall.
softballfam55

by Dodgerdawg1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:52 am

softballfam55 wrote:I would first like to say congrats to Power Surge Bachtell on the Monster Mash victory. Great Job!. Now for Dogerdawgs comment, who I know is a parent on Ohana Tigers Helms but make up stuff and say you are on a Batbuster team!!, You say the Corona Angels Red were a disappointment, they went 3-0 in pool play and drew a very tough team in So Cal 3D and lost 1-0. That is just tough softball. Then you say that Batbusters Pantages was a disappointment and OVER RATED, wow are you serious!!!!!!. I agree they had a tough weekend but if you look at body of work that team made deep runs in every PGF qualifier last season as a younger 12's team and is usually always in the hunt in every tournament. As for the Ohana Tigers. Sanchez team is a top 5 team for sure but Ohana Tigers Helms who I have seen play many times needs a lot of work. There are a lot of teams that I would put in front of them as top 12u teams, Probably about 20 of them!!!! But way to throw your team's name out there and try to get them some love to the (Ohana Tigers Helms)!!!!!

Top 10 teams I have seen:

Power Surge Bachtell-won Monster Mash- has a solid team, good players at every position
Ohana Tigers Sanchez-made it to the finals of Monster Mash- Solid team-well coached
Firecrackers Oakes- who has beaten both of these teams above in friendlies. Has a very deep pitching staff and some big bats
Corona Angels Red- very athletic team, been playing a lot of 14's they will be right there with the teams above
BB Garcia- Made a good run in Monster Mash
So Cal A's Angulo- solid team- made a good run in Monster Mash and has played the teams above very well in friendlies.
So Cal 3D- this team fights and plays together, fun team to watch play. Very well coached
Batbusters Pantages- had a rough weekend but they can jump up and beat any of the teams on this list when they play there game.
So Cal A's Suarez- solid team, have seen them beat some good teams in friendlies-decent showing in Monster Mash ran into a good Arizona team in Storm Mathis
Quakes Romero- have been playing some good ball-lost first round of Monster Mash, but they hadn't lost many games leading up to that this fall.

Comical . And maybe this is why it was my first post on HB, can't have an opinion without someone whining like an old lady at the bingo hall. Your opinion is your opinion, great. Mine is mine. Ask Jeremy (bachelor)who gave him the toughest completion this weekend , simple as that. Not promoting any Ohana team just stated the obvious and what I was told, merely another opinion . As for corona Angels, when I said they were a disappointment is because I know they are a top team but just had a poor showing and I'm sure even in the coach's perspective should have done better. Not taking anything away from them so simmer down . A good friend pitches on that team and they too were expecting more. It's 12u, relax. Can't say much so early in the season , I mean you can but not with much validity. Have fun with the forum and stop taking yourself so seriously ... I'm sure another big dog will emerge
Dodgerdawg1

by softballfam55 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 am

Really, having fun with the forum. You called 12u girls playing softball sloppy and overrated. That is a great thing to say about 12 year old girls who are going out there and giving it there all and let's be real you are on the Ohana Tigers Helms team. Don't lie about it.
softballfam55

by Dugoutdirt » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 am

Whenever I'm having a tough day I like to log onto Hey Bucket and check in on the 12U mudslinging. It never disappoints.
Dugoutdirt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GURULE18 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Great start to the season...Lots of teams looking good...Props to the teams who made it to the finals and Power Surge with a perfect run...

Gonna be an awesome and super competitive year...

Go Choppers!!!
GURULE18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aparent » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 pm

speaking of props....you did a great job building that team Ray. Glad to see you joined up with the Choppers. Wish you much success this season.
aparent

PreviousNext

Return to CA