Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the Top 12U Teams in So Cal

by T85836 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on who the top 12U teams are in So Cal?
T85836

by T85836 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Here are my thoughts?

Powersurge - Bachtell
Quakes - Romero
OCBB - Pantegas
OCBB - Garcia
Firecrackers - Oaks
So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Suarez
So Cal Athletics - Angulo
Corona Angeles
Ohana Tigers - Sanchez
T85836

by Dodgerqt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:22 pm

This cracks me up that someone would even start this post. Has any of these teams played each other? The first real friendly will be this weekend with a few of these teams you have listed but I'm not sure if they are playing each other. And I like how you put Power Surge on top when your user name has 858 in it and that just happens to be San Diego's area code where power surge is from. Maybe start this post in January.
Dodgerqt

by GURULE18 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:31 pm

BB Pantages is gonna be good, Ohana Sanchez should do well, Firecrackers Oakes will do well too...Power Surge is always up there...it's too early but my Choppers will fight for one of those spots too...good luck all this season!!!
GURULE18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by T85836 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 am

Does it really matter where I'm from or that I added a post early in the season? I just asked a question. I have seen most of these teams and here are some facts that supports my list.

Powersurge - Bachtell: Strong when in 10's and played solid in 12's. Finshed strong in ASA Nationals
Quakes - Romero: Tied / 9th overall finish in TCS World Series going 6 and 2. Also won this past weekends TCS tournament
OCBB - Pantegas: Tied / 17th overall finish in TCS World Series going 4 and 3
OCBB - Garcia: Only 03 team to qualify for PGF. Very Solid team
Firecrackers - Oaks: Formally Grisley. Tied / 13th overall finish in TCS World Series going 4 and 3
So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Suarez: USSSA 12U Champions
So Cal Athletics - Angulo: 4th overall finish in the Silver bracket at TCS World Series going 5 and 4
Corona Angeles: 2nd overall finish at the TCS World Series going 8 and 3
Ohana Tigers - Sanchez: Formally So Cal Athletics: Tied / 9th overall finish in TCS World Series going 6 and 3

I think the list of teams I mentioned are worthy of this early season recognition.
T85836

by Dodgerqt » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 am

I don't think what these teams did last year or the year before really matters. How many of these teams still have all of their players from last year or even half of their roster. That is my issue with this, you are basing this on what happened last year or even the year before. Half of these kids are wearing different uniforms now.
Dodgerqt

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:22 am

it's too early but my Choppers will fight for one of those spots too...good luck all this season!!![/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by aparent » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 am

I think that list is pretty good. Saw most of these teams last year and they all looked good as first year teams. You gotta assume most of the team is intact and they added some new girls based on last year's strength.

The only team I have seen in action this year is PS-Bachtell and they look great.

On a side note...anyone noticing the huge amount of rec select teams showing up at friendlies this fall? Looks like a lot of them are 02 teams as well. It's kind of muddying the team scouting waters a bit. I'm not going to be surprised if this doesn't actually backfire on the leagues and lead to MORE players leaving when they see some of the quality teams out there.
aparent

by MrCoach » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:55 pm

I absolutely agree it's way too early to tell who the top teams are.

Girls come and go. Bachtell is definitely not the same team they were when they where "Strong in 10's" or even when they played "solid in 12's". Usually the person starting the thread will be from one of the teams posted, so I agree, why does it matter where they're from?

Now, that being said, I feel the need to reply. Why? Because I'm super bored :)

Because it's so early, I think it's best to qualify the said associations the teams competed in where the original poster came up with his/her top teams. Rank the top associations from 1-4 (PGF, ASA, Triple Crown, USSSA). In my humble opinion, it would be:

1. PGF
2. ASA
3. Triple Crown
4. USSSA

Powersurge - Bachtell: Strong when in 10's and played solid in 12's. Finshed strong in ASA Nationals.
Quakes - Romero: Tied / 9th overall finish in TCS World Series going 6 and 2. Also won this past weekends TCS tournament
OCBB - Pantegas: Tied / 17th overall finish in TCS World Series going 4 and 3
OCBB - Garcia: Only 03 team to qualify for PGF. Very Solid team
Firecrackers - Oaks: Formally Grisley. Tied / 13th overall finish in TCS World Series going 4 and 3
So Cal Athletics - Mercado/Suarez: USSSA 12U Champions
So Cal Athletics - Angulo: 4th overall finish in the Silver bracket at TCS World Series going 5 and 4
Corona Angeles: 2nd overall finish at the TCS World Series going 8 and 3
Ohana Tigers - Sanchez: Formally So Cal Athletics: Tied / 9th overall finish in TCS World Series going 6 and 3

It doesn't matter where they ended last season. I would say participating and qualifying for PGF means a lot though. OCBB - Garcia and SoCal 3D were the only two to do so and fared well going 2-2 (25th place). These Triple Crown finishes don't mean a whole lot and winning the USSSA Tournament against "Straight Outta Rec Ball" teams is really nothing to brag about either.

Again, way too early for rankings. In fact, OCBB - Garcia lost to OCBB - Flores today, so technically you should take Garcia off the list. Personally, I would wait after a tournament or two before we really get serious with rankings and even then, it doesn't matter. It's all about PGF in July.
MrCoach

by Zinje » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 pm

It's to early. Let's wait till spring after the last few remaining 02's have to move up. Just sayin! Some teams playing with older girls in fall trying for their last hurrah. Never understood why parents would do this but they do.
Zinje
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA