Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

NEW TEAMS EVERYWHERE

by Dowhatulike » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:37 am

Ok so I know im not the only one but come on I think there alot of teams from DADS that just think they can start something. Seriously in the past few years the quality of teams is getting worse. I am not blaming the girls but the parents and coaches that arent teaching the girls the proper way. They think they just have it all figured out and it shows by watching the girls do all the wrong things. Its actually robbing the girsl!!!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:07 am

These teams get weeded out rather quickly. Any organization that wants a good reputation will vet their coaches first. It's a shame that the girls have to suffer for the coaches ego.
B34R DOWN

by chromo » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Where else are these girls going to play? Nowhere? You have to start somewhere. Not everyone can afford the cost of Firecrackers or Batbusters, much less being accepted by teams. At least when ASA was functional there were some minimal coaching instructional opportunities.
chromo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 am

chromo wrote:Where else are these girls going to play? Nowhere? You have to start somewhere. Not everyone can afford the cost of Firecrackers or Batbusters, much less being accepted by teams. At least when ASA was functional there were some minimal coaching instructional opportunities.

Sure you have to start somewhere but come on look around and watch some of these teams that dont have the proper skills to proceed forward. I think parents should look closely and should so there homework, do private workouts, lessons with a credible coach and keep working hard.
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 am

Dowhatulike wrote:
chromo wrote:Where else are these girls going to play? Nowhere? You have to start somewhere. Not everyone can afford the cost of Firecrackers or Batbusters, much less being accepted by teams. At least when ASA was functional there were some minimal coaching instructional opportunities.

Sure you have to start somewhere but come on look around and watch some of these teams that dont have the proper skills to proceed forward. I think parents should look closely and should so there homework, do private workouts, lessons with a credible coach and keep working hard.

Agree. It seems too many parents think their kid should jump into travel at the first chance they get. I think it would be better for them to do whatt you say plus play in a fall gold rec league and do well there before making the transition. It seems a number of teams and players are skipping that part (rec fall ball used to be development only, but now has more competitive play). Losing games 30-1 or 16-0 is not good for anyone.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fountainman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:48 am

I agree there's a lot of teams that have no business on the field you basically waste everyone's time and definitely should start at a rec ball level and work your way up. On the other hand travel ball is so ridiculously expensive that a lot of talent never gets a chance to showcase their skill. Especially here in So Cal where talent runs in abundance. That's what happens when you turn youth sports into businesses, the system is flawed in my opinion.
fountainman

by Dowhatulike » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 am

Completely right!!!!! Its all about the benjamis!!!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fountainman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 am

Softball reminds me of what soccer was in the late 80's and early 90's only suburban kids could afford club soccer. Now it's more affordable so the inner cities have their clubs and you're seeing a bunch of kids from all backgrounds balling it up. Anyways i'm a baseballer but I have two girls that are pretty good softball players so it's a good alternative for me. It's just that I know a lot of good players that don't have the money for club softball.
fountainman

by Nicelag » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Played in a TCS tournament recently and one the teams I was watching had a first base coach that tried to convince the umpire that his player was not out because when the 3rd baseman caught her fly ball she was in foul territory. He thought you had to catch the ball in fair territory for it to be an out. I know you have to start somewhere, but it's scary to think what these girls were being taught.
Nicelag

by joaquinjunior » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:24 pm

Nicelag, are you serious? :P :mrgreen: no way!!! yeah, that s Crazy
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA