Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Academic Excellence - Congratulations Courage 18u

by COURAGE » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:37 pm

I wanted to publicly congratulate our Courage 18u Student Athletes for their Academic Excellence. The first semester of the 2015 school year they achieved a 3.95 Team GPA. Through Our Don't Be Satisfied belief, they just achieved a Staggering Team GPA of 4.07 on their Final 2015 semester repot card.
With SAT Scores in to the 2000's and ACT Scores in to the 30's, these amazing young ladies have proven that you can achieve high academic and athletic goals at the same time.
These young student athletes are taking their time on their final college choices, to assure they will be able to pursue the major that will get them the college degree necessary to reach their Career Goals.
They love this great game of softball and play it at a very high level, yet they are realistic that it will come to an end.

For those of you allowing your daughters to commit so early, what happens when she comes to you the summer between her Junior and Senior year of High School and says "I'd really like to become a Veterinarian or a Nurse". How many big name Division I Colleges are going to allow you to pursue those majors? How many even have those majors to offer?
Remember all of this Travel Ball will hopefully put these young ladies in to a 4for40 situation. Four years of college to set up the next Forty Years of their life. Make sure your looking at the Big Picture and not the Big School Name or Cool Mascot.
We need to concentrate more on the next generation leading our country. Not my daughter just won the WCWS, but doesn't know what to do with her degree she received that accommodated her softball schedule.

Continue your Incredible Journey Courage Players. You give me hope in this countries future.

I could not be more proud.

Coach Linny Smith
www.couragestudentathlete.com
COURAGE
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB2830 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Congratulations Coach Smith on having the right perspective on what this journey ultimately is all about. I applaud those that strive to play for the Florida, Oregon, UCLA, Auburn, etc. of the college world but you definitely have the right take on the end game in my opinion. Part of the issue with 14/15 year olds making a college decision as Freshmen and even 8th graders, how are they expected to know their goals for their future at that age?
BB2830

by mojo1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Congrats to your girls. Well said...
mojo1

by 59Invicta » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 pm

BB2830 wrote: Part of the issue with 14/15 year olds making a college decision as Freshmen and even 8th graders, how are they expected to know their goals for their future at that age?

If they commit that early, the only goal is softball........

Congratulations to the Courage athletes!
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA