Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Teams dropping from Friendlies

by jorge0218 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 am

It seems to me that this year has seen a record number of teams dropping the last minute from friendlies. Whats going on??? Use to schedules would come out on Tuesdays, maybe wednesdays. Now schedules are coming out Thursdays and Fridays. The resounding theme is teams dropping at the last minute. It makes it extemely difficult for organizers to get the schedule out and put on a successful event. Its a vicious cycle in my opinion. Is there a fix??

1) Organizers...post the teams that are signing up. I for one will never sign up for a friendly without seeing the whos coming list. We all want to play somewhere that is the right level and against the teams we want to be playing

2) Coaches...if you commit to playing, honor your commitment and if not provide 2-3 weeks notice, not the week of!!!

I have never dropped from a friendly the week of. Only twice have I ever dropped from a friendly and I did so 3 weeks in advance. We make every attempt to schedule 2 months out, sometimes adjustments have to be made to the schedule. But in my opinion the only reason for dropping from a friendly the week of is if you absolutely cant field a team. Otherwise you are just screwing everyone involved.

Coaches get it together, stop double and triple booking your team. This process hurts everyone!!! Organizers, post a list of teams coming so coaches arent left in the dark!! Coaches honor your commitments!!!!! Friendlies are fundraisers but they also provide the venue for all our girls to get the necessary play time....Lets respect it!!!!
jorge0218
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Compton » Wed May 20, 2015 12:13 pm

The problem with posting "Who's coming" list is that everyone thinks their team should be playing the big name organizations and when they don't see those names they don't sign up. And you are right that many teams double or triple book and wait for schedules to come out before committing.
Compton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA