Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14u North Texas PGF Qualifier predictions

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

GRANADAFAN01 wrote:Come on, you can't fault a team for getting a good draw - OC United got a Bye, lost & went to the losers Bracket and got a forfeit & was still out of the running before Sunday - that's a pretty good draw if you ask me & they still lost. What about 12u PGF Nationals last year, which OCBB team was it that ended up getting a bye and then a forfeit & 2-2 in bracket play & still placing in the top 12???? I think that's how it went - if not exactly, then pretty close.... You can't complain about byes in brackets, it's part of the game - just like you can't complain about a bad/good draw, that's just how it goes. It doesn't mean a team wasn't paying well & it definitely doesn't mean they would not have won had the draw been different. I still believe Impulse 01 and Hickman would've won in the winner's bracket, no matter the draw.

Now for predictions for AZ? haha, I will guess SCA Mercado takes a premier & Steele will get a berth. I think other than that, whew, it's all about the draw - lol. Which, we now all know and agree, is just part of the game. I'm not so sure about Alvarez, if they are playing well, then yes. Good luck to all!!!!

Great thing about PGF Nationals is that stats are real time. Here's a good tool to use when all you've got is your memory. You can sort by all teams. ;)

http://premiergirlsfp.bbstats.pointstre ... onid=28876
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Grand it's obvious you're a parent of a Hickman player. Let me say, if you don't think the draw means something, you don't know much about tournament play. I was just comparing the teams Hickman played to who they played in the losers bracket. I don't have a dog in the fight I was only comparing the fact Hickman played close games with those teams and the other teams spanked them. As for the United team, they lost to Impulse who didn't allow a single run. I'm happy your team received a berth, but to act like they played elite ball against elite teams is was off base based off of the results of the teams they played. Good luck the rest of the season.
fontana10!

by GRANADAFAN01 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:33 am

i deleted my post
Last edited by GRANADAFAN01 on Thu May 21, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRANADAFAN01

by GRANADAFAN01 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:04 am

i deleted this post
Last edited by GRANADAFAN01 on Thu May 21, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRANADAFAN01

by Hollow Grind » Thu May 21, 2015 10:23 am

Heybucket is so entertaining!
Last edited by Hollow Grind on Thu May 21, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hollow Grind

by GRANADAFAN01 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 am

[quote="Hollow Grind"]Heybucket is so entertaining[
Last edited by GRANADAFAN01 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRANADAFAN01

by fontana10! » Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Softball is becoming a very popular sport. People travel all the way to Texas and watch 14u teams. Even though they don't have a kid on the team. :roll:
I've been reading post on here for years and it rare to see a post bragging about a team, let alone position players. I don't see the parents of Mercado, Thornburg, Campbell, Tyson, Stith, Rico and so on making post like that. Maybe I'm a bit old school and let the talking talk place on the field.
fontana10!

Previous

Return to CA