Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14u North Texas PGF Qualifier predictions

by GRANADAFAN01 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:07 am

fontana10! wrote:I will get it started. I only know a few of the teams from Texas but will give it a shot so here it is:

Two winner's bracket berths:
1. OC Batbuster's Bracamonte
2. OC United

Two loser's bracket premier berths:
1.Mizuno Impulse 01
2.Tulsa Elite

Two platinum berths:
1. FC Hickman
2.Texas Glory Adkins

These Predictions were a bit off. Even without the Rain on Sunday, FC HICKMAN & Mizuno Impulse 01 were already 3-0 and unless they lost 2 on Sunday, they would've qualified for Premier. If you ask me FC Hickman seemed to be on fire & was probably the favorite for their final game. OCBB Bracamonte lost their 1st game so that, unfortunately, put them in the loser bracket. OC United was eliminated Saturday evening before the rain. Tulsa Elite didn't show & Texas Glory Adkins was in the losers bracket with OCBB BRAC. This is how it ended up:

4 Premier Berths went to the 4 teams still undefeated before the rain:
1. FC Hickman**
2 Team Mizuno impulse Woodall**
**had it not rained, I think this would've been a great game to watch.
3.Team Mizuno Impulse 01
4. Am. Freedom Prospects
2 Platinum went to:
1. FC DFW Reynolds - lost to FC Hickman
2. TX Blaze White Futures - lost to Mizuno Impulse Woodall

I think FC Hickman & & Impulse 01 would've won from the Winners & Impulse Woodall would've won from the losers. But who knows how the other Premier & 2 Platinum Berths would've gone - I think OCBB Brac & OCBB Alvarez bothstill had a fighting chance. However, this is 14U softball & you just never know how it's gonna go. I was routing for our California teams!!!!
GRANADAFAN01

by GRANADAFAN01 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 am

Oh, and by the way Fontana10, you are absolutely correct. Nearly every team from Texas had 00's on it. in fact, nearly every team had girls showing up and getting their uniforms that day.
GRANADAFAN01

by Leftoutfield » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 am

The best game I saw was Texas Impulse Woodall against Texas Blaze futures. Great pitching and hitting on both sides. Woodall took it 6-5. Had it played out on Sunday, I think Texas Impulse goes 4-0, just too strong a team. It is unfortunate that we will never know how it ended. Tough luck for alot of teams. Major props to Texas Glory for hosting a great tournament, very impressive how much work they were doing around the seating areas to keep it clean for every game (even the head of the organization!)
Leftoutfield

by fontana10! » Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 am

Granada that is why I laughed when the poster said it's not typical to have freshman play 14u in Texas. My buddies kid went out there and told me most of the teams were 00 players and he said the exact same thing about players receiving jerseys at the field. He also said the Cali 00 teams would've destroyed the teams out their in his opinion. We will see come August in Huntington Beach who is superior.
fontana10!

by GRANADAFAN01 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:09 am

Leftoutfield is correct about the tournament being a success & the work Texas Glory put into it. I think, however, Woodall would've lost to Hickman. FC Hickman only allowed 3 runs against them in 3 games - their pitching was really good (even though she wasn't getting the calls) and their defense was on point, like they were putting on a clinic - especially their 3rd baseman & shortstop.. I will say this about the Texas teams, they hit the long ball for sure. The problem is, it seems (at least with most of the teams I watched) that defense doesn't seem to be their #1 concern. This could be, however, because these girls were showing up the day of & going out on the field & they maybe really haven't practiced with each other or had time to gel???? I don't know. i think the best teams, just as in California, have been invited back & already have their berths, but with a couple months to practice & the confidence you acquire from winning a tournament, who knows what's gonna happen the 1st week of August. i can say that I am excited to see how it plays out. No matter who won & who would've won, it was an awesome time. Thanks Texas Glory, great job!
GRANADAFAN01

by fontana10! » Wed May 20, 2015 9:39 am

Granada reading your post and praise for Hickman I decided to take a look at the brackets. To me it clearly appears the Draw Gods were in favor of Hickman. This is how I came to that conclusion:

Hickman 5-2 over Fusion
Hickman 5-1 over Coats
Hickman 2-0 over FC Reynolds

Now lets look at how those teams did in the loser's bracket

Fusion was destroyed by BB Alvarez 8-1
Coats was spanked by United 9-1

Talking with a friend who's daughter plays on the 14u Glory teams, he said Sudden Impact would've easily beaten FC Reynolds. Therefore, the draw was clearly as good as it could be for Hickman. Now you definitely have to win the games put in front of you, but looking at the scores of the teams they beat, the draw was as good as any I've seen in PGF.
fontana10!

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 20, 2015 11:14 am

fontana10! wrote:Granada reading your post and praise for Hickman I decided to take a look at the brackets. To me it clearly appears the Draw Gods were in favor of Hickman. This is how I came to that conclusion:

Hickman 5-2 over Fusion
Hickman 5-1 over Coats
Hickman 2-0 over FC Reynolds

Now lets look at how those teams did in the loser's bracket

Fusion was destroyed by BB Alvarez 8-1
Coats was spanked by United 9-1

Talking with a friend who's daughter plays on the 14u Glory teams, he said Sudden Impact would've easily beaten FC Reynolds. Therefore, the draw was clearly as good as it could be for Hickman. Now you definitely have to win the games put in front of you, but looking at the scores of the teams they beat, the draw was as good as any I've seen in PGF.

OK 10, now that we've learned that FC Hickman is one of the best drawers in history, you need to start your 14U Phoenix post and predictions. This horse died in the rain.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Wed May 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Based on my last predictions I'm going to pass on the Arizona PGF. I'll take a shot in the dark and pick So Cal Athletics Mercado...lol
fontana10!

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 20, 2015 12:56 pm

fontana10! wrote:Based on my last predictions I'm going to pass on the Arizona PGF. I'll take a shot in the dark and pick So Cal Athletics Mercado...lol

Crushed it!OCBB's Steele and Alvarez get my vote for 2 of the remaining 4 berths. Who's the best AZ team on the board?
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Come on, you can't fault a team for getting a good draw - OC United got a Bye, lost & went to the losers Bracket and got a forfeit & was still out of the running before Sunday - that's a pretty good draw if you ask me & they still lost. What about 12u PGF Nationals last year, which OCBB team was it that ended up getting a bye and then a forfeit & 2-2 in bracket play & still placing in the top 12???? I think that's how it went - if not exactly, then pretty close.... You can't complain about byes in brackets, it's part of the game - just like you can't complain about a bad/good draw, that's just how it goes. It doesn't mean a team wasn't paying well & it definitely doesn't mean they would not have won had the draw been different. I still believe Impulse 01 and Hickman would've won in the winner's bracket, no matter the draw.

Now for predictions for AZ? haha, I will guess SCA Mercado takes a premier & Steele will get a berth. I think other than that, whew, it's all about the draw - lol. Which, we now all know and agree, is just part of the game. I'm not so sure about Alvarez, if they are playing well, then yes. Good luck to all!!!!
GRANADAFAN01

PreviousNext

Return to CA