Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Travel ball and All Stars

by JerrysKids » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:48 pm

and you already have an allstar coach slected and your daughter was already told shes on the allstar team? thats also against the rules, but it seems like everyone is about pushing the limits.
JerrysKids

by DropCurve » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:19 am

JerrysKids wrote:and you already have an allstar coach slected and your daughter was already told shes on the allstar team? thats also against the rules, but it seems like everyone is about pushing the limits.

It never changes... The board members create their own cliques so they can enjoy All-Star season together. And that is why there is travelball.
DropCurve

by PDad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:49 am

Leagues with the new 'Select' teams already have a de facto all=star managers and teams.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:59 am

PDad wrote:Leagues with the new 'Select' teams already have a de facto all=star managers and teams.

They are still under the same ASA rules as it applies to AS manager announcement. The select coach does not have to be the all-star manager. The league can go with another coach. Either way the announcement of all-star manager is still April 24th (looks like this was the case with the OP).

Now the last time I went to an ASA meeting about the select teams, the teams were supposed to be locked in at the end of March (not sure if ASA has stuck to that rule).

The OP sounds like a non-select league situation, but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time....lol).
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Understood, which is why I said "de facto" - in fact, or in effect, whether by right or not.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

PDad wrote:Understood, which is why I said "de facto" - in fact, or in effect, whether by right or not.

Well that is ASA..... :lol: :lol:
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nicelag » Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 am

Tough one! If it was just your DD who got punished if it was found to be a violation then so be it. But if it is deemed a violation then the whole team is DQ'd. Don't think I would want to deal with that. All it takes is a player or parent from a rival league to know, get pissed and meet you in a big tournament and it's all over. If you are worried clear it first. I checked into it extensively for my DD to be sure, and was told by our district commish that she couldn't even shag balls in street clothes for a travel team.
Nicelag

by Els489 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like she has decided to try travel ball so the "issue" never really became an issue.
Els489
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA