So now that nationals is over...

by Donnie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am

Outlaws 12u and 14u are now Team Anderson 95 & 97
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 am

bucndranch wrote:How about everyone take a break, it will be good for everyone. When my older daughter played you rarely got going before labor day, now everyone is holding tryouts the same day championship games are playing out at nationals. No one is going anywhere, everyone take a deep breath........now isn't that better. Go camping, go to disneyland, be a family for a couple weeks at least. ;)

Most of the bigger Organizations are holding tryouts Aug 22nd and/or Aug 29th to give kids a much needed and well deserved break and also tryouts on two dates allows for family vacations, etc. Any well-known, "Elite" type player wanting to move teams can just call the coach if they can't make a tryout date and commit over the phone too... I think there is less panic this year than last year at least with the '96 groups moving up, this is Winter ball tryouts -- the panic will come back in Spring I am sure, lol...
Clean_up

by Supersuds » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 am

Clean_up wrote:Who really knows at this point? First I heard the OCBB'96 team was folding, now Jesse is hosting tryouts. Then I heard the CA Rebels were folding, now I see posts for players. I also heard Revenge was folding, but tomorrow there will likely be a post for players, lol....!

I heard during Nationals that CA-Knighten was folding, but we are holding tryouts too! ;)

So basically he is doing some house cleaning ;)
Snapcracklepop
Supersuds

by Clean_up » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 am

Supersuds wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Who really knows at this point? First I heard the OCBB'96 team was folding, now Jesse is hosting tryouts. Then I heard the CA Rebels were folding, now I see posts for players. I also heard Revenge was folding, but tomorrow there will likely be a post for players, lol....!

I heard during Nationals that CA-Knighten was folding, but we are holding tryouts too! ;)

I don't know about any "house cleaning", and taking 7th place in Nationals out of 88 teams isn't a bad thing, especially after placing 13th the past two years - so our existing team is pretty solid and gets better every year; but, you never know about kids leaving or what strong players from other teams are ready to make a move and try something else, so we hold tryouts every Winter and Spring and see what happens... :)
Clean_up

by Supersuds » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 am

Clean_up wrote:
Supersuds wrote:

I don't know about any "house cleaning", and taking 7th place in Nationals out of 88 teams isn't a bad thing, especially after placing 13th the past two years - so our existing team is pretty solid and gets better every year; but, you never know about kids leaving or what strong players from other teams are ready to make a move and try something else, so we hold tryouts every Winter and Spring and see what happens... :)

Sounds good, Good Luck :)
Snapcracklepop
Supersuds

by New Kid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Riptide moved over to So Cal Wicked 14U-Helms.

www.eteamz.com/socalwickedhelms
New Kid

by Sportsfan13 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 am

OC Wildcats (Lyn) 16U is moving to California Cruisers 16U

http://www.eteamz.com/cacruisers16u/
Sportsfan13

Previous

Return to CA