Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

OC Wildcats 16U to Mel Sievers CA Cruisers

by DodgerBlue's » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Ashley grew up playing for the Cruisers and looks like she wanted to come back and coach a Cruiser team, I know a couple of the girls on the team and they seem to be very happy there and thats what matters.
DodgerBlue's

by DirtyLaundry » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:26 pm

While the name is confusing I would imagine College coaches know who is who.
Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybodys pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry
DirtyLaundry

by andy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Here are the facts so everyone can have them.

The current Ca Cruisers, managed by Mel Seiver's is the continuation of the original Cal Cruisers. Over the years as Cruiser leadership retired, it was handed down. The current Cruisers is the organization that has yet to miss qualifying for Gold Nationals and with the exception of one year has finished top ten each year. Lauren Lappin of the last Olympic team was a member of one of those gold teams and was coached by her Dad Dean Lappin, and Ron McCord (manager). I joined them five years ago and also since retired. Now Mel is the sole person running the team and now organization discussed her as the "Seiver's Cruisers". Some more info on the current Cruisers is:

The Cruisers consistently finish high in competitive tournaments. The last eight years at ASA Nationals include one 1st place finish, three 2nd place finishes, and one 3rd. The Cruisers finished 7th at this year's gold Nationals. The Cruisers are one of four Gold teams that have never failed to qualify. Joining Batbusters, Socal A's and Corona Angeles in that achievement. The Cruisers have only finished lower then top ten one time in our history. No other current Gold program in the past ten years can make the same claim. In the Louisville Slugger Boulder tournament the Cruisers are two time champions with 4 championship game appearances. The Cruisers also won the inaugural Champions Cup in 2004 and again in 2006.

The last six Cruiser teams produced 51 Division I college players, including 17 to the Pac-10. Twenty-nine of these players started as freshman. Texas, LSU, Michigan, North Carolina, Maryland, Fresno State, Florida, and Houston are some of the excellent college softball programs represented by our program in addition to Pac-10 programs such as UCLA, Stanford, Arizona State, Arizona, Stanford and Cal Berkeley. Currently Cruisers on this year’s teams are already committed to Texas, Arizona State, Stanford, DePaul and Washington. Last year the Cruisers in college included 7 All Conference players, 4 All Area players and 2 All Americans and two players who such as Former Cruiser Lauren Lappin was an alternate on the 2004 USA Olympic team and is a current member of the 2008 team that won Silver. Jenny Finch is also a former Cruiser although not under this coaching staff Former Cruiser Lindsey Sisk competed on the USA JR National team in 2007 and won the Gold medal. On the CWS. A total of 6 Cruisers were at the CWS. Most of all we take pride in knowing that over 95% of our players stay at the colleges they were recruited by and graduate.

The other Cruiser team discussed came into existence a few years ago and despite formal letters, emails and phone calls declined to either joining the organization or stop using the name. They have competed at 16&U and at Gold . Three years ago the name California Cruisers was registered but they were allowed to keep using the name because at the time of registration they were already using it. Technically no other team can start up using the Cruiser name within Orange County. The desire to use the name is obvious. The Seiver's team is always on the main fields and plays top competition against the other top Gold programs. The Seiver's teams always are sought out by college coaches for players and have their recruits signed to full rides at top universities on a consistent basis. The Seiver’s team is sought out by sponsors and is currently the only team in California sponsored by Under Armor as is their younger teams. Using the Cruiser name is a means to try and cash in on their success and fame and attract players, colleges and sponsors to their team. A simple comparison on the history of the two should help anyone sort out the differences. The Seiver’s team is detailed here. And as someone else pointed out, the college coaches do know the difference. Belonging to the Seiver’s Cruisers means subscribing to the Cruiser philosophies and commitment to playing at the highest level. Our number one goal each year is to win Nationals. The players in this program are committed to continually developing their skills, contributing to our number one goal, and progressing to the collegiate level. Aligned with these goals is the coaching staff’s triumvirate mission of providing the best in: DEVELOPMENT, EXPOSURE, and COMPETITION. The Cruiser organization is also committed to DEVELOPMENT: The staff is committed to developing the total softball player. Every player works on skill development in hitting, fielding, base running and mental approach. The expectation is that even the highly skilled player will improve greatly. As a result the Ca Cruisers provide and commit to EXPOSURE: The Cruisers play in many high exposure showcase tournaments; frequently play deep in every tournament and college coaches attend in abundance. Our staff all has numerous personal relationships with many of the top college programs in the Nation and a reputation of providing those colleges with top-notch recruits.

The Seiver's team is a management hand off of the McCard Cruisers. Prior to that the Hoshizaki leadership and before that the founder. When Student Sports listed the Cruisers as the number two team all time at 18&U in the Nation, the basis for their selection was the success over the past 15 years ten years. Mel Seiver's has been coaching Cruisers of most of them and at Gold for the past 8. For any other team not within the Seiver’s umbrella might well be a quality team or organization and a good fit for someone’s daughter. After all, there is plenty of room for teams and players. But only the Seiver’s can be truly thought of as the Ca Cruisers.
andy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Can you imagine John Facenda, the narrator of the old NFL Films reading this statement, with the old NFL Films music playing in the backround?....that would be epic!!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
artomatic wrote:Can you imagine John Facenda, the narrator of the old NFL Films reading this statement, with the old NFL Films music playing in the backround?....that would be epic!!

I just spent the last 30 min listening to NFL films theme music on youtube...you bastardo

thats funny. me too....the best one is that Raiders "The Autumn Wind", but try as i might, i can't bring myself to put any link up that includes the raiders...oh what the heck, here it is....just close your eyes and listen...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmiVYFueNvQ&feature=related
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
artomatic wrote:Can you imagine John Facenda, the narrator of the old NFL Films reading this statement, with the old NFL Films music playing in the backround?....that would be epic!!

I just spent the last 30 min listening to NFL films theme music on youtube...you bastardo

Not once in my entire life did it ever occur to me to take a half hour and listen to NFL films theme music on youtube... now I simply have to make the time! :lol: ;)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by andy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:44 pm

andy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm

andy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKbYjyKOoR4

:D :D

CLASSIC!!

Although they should probably update it, something with pansies and tulips would work! :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by darkaspain » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 pm

BREAKING NEWS --------
CA CRUISERS - ASHLEY HAS NOW CHANGED ORGANIZATIONS TO OC WILDCATS - ASHLEY. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE PREVIOUS OC WILDCATS - LYN THAT IS NOW CA CRUISERS - LYN.

Let the kids play. Once the year gets going you will be able to evaluate the talent for yourself.

Dark as Pain (not to be confused with Dark as Night)
darkaspain

by Nzane » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:20 pm

I'll tell you this about Lyn. She is a great coach!! My daughter had the privilage to play for her in 10u on her OC Wildcats team. I can also tell you this. She does not like controversy. She is a very straight forward, honest coach. I can tell you, she has absolutely NO BAD feelings for Ashleys Cal Cruiser team. I also know she wishes them the best of luck. Lyn is a coach that honestly cares about the girls, and I know she wants NO controversy. She just wants the girls to play and suceed. So, good luck to Lyn's Cal Cruiser team, and good luck to Ashley's Cal Cruiser team(not affiliated with Mel's team).
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

PreviousNext

Return to CA