Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Shawn Quarles on starting Ohana Tigers

by PDad » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:13 pm

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Wish he had an 18U team, I'd have my DD try out to play for him. I like what he had to say. Very telling, I think, coming from a guy who's been with both the Firecrackers and So Cal A's orgs.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by yosoftball18 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:19 pm

One of the things Coach mentioned was that softball was really getting profit driven. Someone told me the Batbusters will be charging girls to tryout for their teams. If they make a team, the fee will go towards start up. If they don't, they will lose it. Is this true, or just a rumor? If true, wow.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nicelag » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:11 am

Coach is spot on in his message. With his philosophy I hope he will have (1) team in each age division. With the small number of teams he will be able to keep his hands and close tabs on all players and coaches allowing him to keep his message and philosophy in tact. An ideal that is no longer present in the upper echelon of most organizations these days unfortunately.
Nicelag

by just curious » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:10 pm

so now that the quareles have burned most of there bridges they resort to starting a new org with a feel good message. those guys have made plenty of money from TB but now they want to cry about orgs being all about the money. OK
good luck getting your kids on good fields or in top tournaments after pissing off the guys that run softball. of course some will buy the pitch hook line and sinker
Wake and Bake
just curious

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:32 pm

just curious wrote:so now that the quareles have burned most of there bridges they resort to starting a new org with a feel good message. those guys have made plenty of money from TB but now they want to cry about orgs being all about the money. OK
good luck getting your kids on good fields or in top tournaments after pissing off the guys that run softball. of course some will buy the pitch hook line and sinker

So I guess we can add Shawn Quarles to the list of people you have a beef with that includes Jeff Blanco?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CoachKari » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 pm

There are many, many coaches and teams who are doing the right thing by players and families and who do this for zero profit.
CoachKari

by BB2830 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 pm

yosoftball18 wrote:One of the things Coach mentioned was that softball was really getting profit driven. Someone told me the Batbusters will be charging girls to tryout for their teams. If they make a team, the fee will go towards start up. If they don't, they will lose it. Is this true, or just a rumor? If true, wow.

Anyone know if this rumor is true regarding charging for tryouts? If so, that is a joke!!! You already see the split between Team Mizuno and Batbusters, different websites, etc. Wonder exactly what that is all about???
BB2830

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:19 pm

BB2830 wrote:
yosoftball18 wrote:One of the things Coach mentioned was that softball was really getting profit driven. Someone told me the Batbusters will be charging girls to tryout for their teams. If they make a team, the fee will go towards start up. If they don't, they will lose it. Is this true, or just a rumor? If true, wow.

Anyone know if this rumor is true regarding charging for tryouts? If so, that is a joke!!! You already see the split between Team Mizuno and Batbusters, different websites, etc. Wonder exactly what that is all about???

What do you mean by "split"? Isn't it still the OCBB org sponsored by Team Mizuno? Has something changed?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA