Priceless!!

by IESoftballDad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 am

Trip to Western Nationals
Gas ...................... $200
Hotel .................... $450
Food .................... $200
Hitting lessons ........ $35 wk
Week without Pay.... $1000
Having your daughter come up to bat with the bases loaded in an elemination game down by 2, with 1 out... Having her ex-coach (who said she can't hit the ball) standing there with his whole team watching her at bat.... first pitch, almost goes yard :o ... Stand up double, driving in all three runs!!! We win the game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: PRICELESS!!

Thanks Coach for being there!! That made her week! ;)
We've been waiting all season for that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IESoftballDad

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 am

Some players get a disproportionate amount of attention in softball while others get little. But EVERY kid deserves shining moments in the sun and being mobbed by teammates after a clutch performance. Regardless of the level of ball.

Congrats to your kid. Priceless indeed!

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Yes, yes, yes....How sweet it is.
Joe

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 am

Trip to Westerns:
Gas...................$200
Hotel.................$595
Car Repairs.........$695
Hitting Lessons....$35 a week
Pitching Lessons..$30 a week

Team tacking 2nd and having your dd pitch till her legs felt like they were going to fall off and get voted team MVP so she could get an Easton 777 bat.......PRICELESS!!!

Too funny, she asked how much she could sell it for on Ebay.

Our girls played their hearts out. One of our starters could not make the trip as her mother just found out she had cancer and was going through Chemo, another gets hit in the wrist and is now in a soft cast, another slides late to break up a double play and pops something in her knee, our catcher pulls a muscle and 1 of our pitchers legs finally gave out after 45 straight scoreless innings....Yet they still come and take second. What a great team with great heart!!! Love these girls!!!
Last edited by Sftbll4ever on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sftbll4ever

by mdupuy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 am

D,
You have no idea of the heart and guts these DD's really had. Your kid gave it all. My kid, just pissed she couldn't play more. When Tim used her for a runner and scored, "PRICELESS"

M
mdupuy

by crazy softball peeps » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:46 am

IESoftballDad wrote:Trip to Western Nationals
Having your daughter come up to bat with the bases loaded in an elemination game down by 2, with 1 out... Having her ex-coach (who said she can't hit the ball) standing there with his whole team watching her at bat.... first pitch, almost goes yard :o ... Stand up double, driving in all three runs!!! We win the game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: PRICELESS!!

For someone who apparently hates the coach you sure do care what he thinks.... Funny huh?
crazy softball peeps

by YellowBalls » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 am

crazy softball peeps wrote:
IESoftballDad wrote:Trip to Western Nationals

For someone who apparently hates the coach you sure do care what he thinks.... Funny huh?

I think it was more of a IN YOUR FACE moment, Thanks for the support - NOT, See YA Later Bye! Kids know if their coach is behind them or not, if he/she believes in them especially at the early ages and sometimes it just feels good to proove someone wrong who had made you feel less than adequate...Getting the chance to do that and send them packing is indeed a PRICELESS moment...
YellowBalls

by IESoftballDad » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Actually I have no ill feelings towards that coach... he is a pretty cool guy (and we do talk from time to time). It was just one of those moments that was a "at the right place at the right time." The situation couldn't be more perfect! It was a perfect moment for my daughter to get a huge hit to drive in the game winning runs right in front of him. She was lucky to get 9 at bats in a month with him, and on this team she went the last six weeks riding 3 strikeouts! And no strikeouts at all in Western Nationals. She has really stepped up her game! That's what makes it so great!! :D :D :D :D
IESoftballDad

by Joe » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:33 pm

IESoftballDad wrote:Actually I have no ill feelings towards that coach... ............for my daughter to get a huge hit to drive in the game winning runs right in front of him.

Ya, ahhh...okay...
Joe

by CheckWriter » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Since the coaches are always right, I suppose you'd want your DD to go down looking at a fatty in that situation.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA