Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Hickman Fields approved for a 7.1 million dollar face lift

by NumeroUno » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello-

It has been a long 16 year run for myself at the Hickman Fields facility with all its dirt roads and porta-potties. A very old park in need of a makeover for too long.

Well, I am elated to announce that our plans for the redesign of Hickman Fields and approval of 7.1 million dollars from the City of San Diego has been unanimously approved by the Parks and Rec as I found out at our Hickman Board Meeting last night!!!! It still must go to the San Diego City Council for their approval but that should be no problem. That will happen in April. When that is approved the project if you can believe it will START.
First Phase will be the design team and engineers finalizing the plans and getting the facility ready for construction. That will be followed by the Second Phase of laying all the infrastructure of piping, sewer lines, recycled water lines so we don't have to follow drought regulations, electrical. Then for all of you with beautiful cars that you avoid driving on our dirt roads, PAVING THE ROADS and lining for parking. So we all know they are widening our area for parking and putting an actual Turn Around for cars. That will be nice.
Next phase is doing all the fields. This is big, all fields at Hickman will be Lighted, yep all four of our fields will have Musco Lighting. We will get all new fencing, and we will be getting a three-story Snack Bar, Bathrooms, Storage Area building where the park benches are now between fields 1 and 2. This is amazing.
Maybe most important for Power Surge is the 6 users organizations that control the usage of the fields now has been asked by the City of San Diego to form its own Rec Council which will control who uses the fields.
This project will hopefully start this year and finish in two years. Plans are being made to not interrupt play at the fields or very limited interruptions.
I am so excited.
Scott Berndes President Power Surge
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by eclipse09 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:25 pm

That is great news! Both DD's have played there many times and my cars have been through many a car wash after tournaments. :lol:

Let's hope the city doesn't lag on installation. California's regulations are pretty crazy!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Long overdue....congratulations Scott!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA