Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Spring 2015- top 04 teams

by artomatic » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:14 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Why so much condescension when referring to 10U? Are they not worthy of the same respect as the older girls? Seems like once someones DD gets past an age level they are now above them... Heck I think the girls in the lower age levels deserve more respect. They are newer to the game and still trying to figure it all out. All while dealing with the pressure of us crazy adults...

The girls have all my respect, it's the parents that supply the entertainment.
I used to come down a little hard on the parents, but I've realized in my old age that it's just part of the process.
You have to burn your hand on the hot stove a few times before you realize it's hot, no matter how many people tell you it's hot.

Many of us are reminded of our own crazy ideas when we were in your shoes.
Honestly, looking back, I think the funnest years we spent in softball were 10's and 12's.
All of our girls were future Olympic heroes, all of our coaches, included ourselves were geniuses.

Like so many have said, IF you don't make this sport a job for these 10 year olds, and they go the distance, your perspective will probably evolve over the years.

The only ones that are concerned with rankings, recognition, tournament titles are the parents. The girls really are just little girls, who are just as concerned with what the snacks are after the game.
And that's ok, let them have a little balance in their lives, it will be a job soon enough.

I wish these girls all the success in the world.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by USCpride » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Artomatic,

You just made me have a flashback when you mentioned " The girls really are just little girls, who are just as concerned with what the snacks are after the game."

Let's just say back in the early 2000's my daughter's all star team was what we thought "The Bomb" We were beating up on everybody. So our coach, had the bright idea to take our team and go "Travel" We thought we would dominate, after all we beat every other all star team. How could travel be any different? WRONG.

Our first game, my daughter was the 7th batter. She never got a chance to bat...We got slaughtered 22-0. All the parents, myself, hubby included, were upset and pointing fingers. But do you know what the kids did after the game? They rushed up to us and asked "Did we win? and who brought the snacks"

We just started laughing. The kids didn't care, they went to the playground with the team that smacked them down. After that, we tried to keep our mouths shut and ego's out of the way and just let her play. Plus we brought lots and lost of snacks!!!!

Now days I bring a nook :)

Michelle
USCpride
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jjsqueeze » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Michelle- with every post I like you more and more. I can't help but think that one of the reasons your little Angels do so well is the calming effect you have by keeping things in perspective. Good luck n the dirt. Hope we DON'T play you, but it would be nice if we saw you on a neighboring field or something. Jade says hi to you and Ondra.
jjsqueeze

by jjsqueeze » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 pm

And to keep it on topic- WIcked 04 is also a very good team that has not been mentioned. Don't be surprised if they start making some noise. They also have the best burritos at their friendlies so they get extra points in my book. If my team is going to lose, I want to be able to drown my sorrows in carne asada.
jjsqueeze

by Dugoutdirt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:01 pm

jjsqueeze wrote:And to keep it on topic- WIcked 04 is also a very good team that has not been mentioned. Don't be surprised if they start making some noise. They also have the best burritos at their friendlies so they get extra points in my book. If my team is going to lose, I want to be able to drown my sorrows in carne asada.

Let's face it. It's all about the snack bar :)
Dugoutdirt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PicklesnKoolaid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 am

Did anyone catch any of the games out in Corona yesterday? I was able to see the BB Flores vs Cal Cruisers. Cruisers look to be a good team but Flores still came out on top. I was hoping to see the USA Athletics play but didn't get a chance to and haven't heard much about them. I heard Wicked was there, how did they do?
PicklesnKoolaid

by Crackers4Life » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:44 am

Who cares how everyone did. Me and coach Tammy agree, its all about us , the best 10u team to ever live

Firecrackers Ollison!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Rico told us he will be helping us next year, he must also see the great talent on our TEAM :!:
The greatest there has ever BEEN!!
Crackers4Life

by PicklesnKoolaid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 am

Who cares how everyone did. Me and coach Tammy agree, its all about us , the best 10u team to ever live

Firecrackers Ollison!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Rico told us he will be helping us next year, he must also see the great talent on our TEAM :!:
Crackers4Life Posts: 3Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Wow. That was a weird comment.

Quite odd. Is this a child posting? What are you, like 10 years old?
PicklesnKoolaid

by catcherzrule » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:25 am

Pickles...

I can help you out...

Cracker4Life is...

1) a disgruntled parent who left, or was asked to leave FC, and is now stirring the pot :roll:
2) some 40 year old man with WAY to much time on his hands and is stirring the pot :lol:
3) someone new to TB who thinks this kind of childish BS (hiding behind a screen name and posting inflammatory comments) is some how funny or clever...news flash...you're lame. :o

No need to ask CrackHead...rrrr....Cracker...why they do it...let's just all agree it's pathetic. :oops:

Enjoy Vegas. :D
catcherzrule

by ocdad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Why so much condescension when referring to 10U? Are they not worthy of the same respect as the older girls? Seems like once someones DD gets past an age level they are now above them... Heck I think the girls in the lower age levels deserve more respect. They are newer to the game and still trying to figure it all out. All while dealing with the pressure of us crazy adults...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It has been so long since I have posted on here, probably since my daughter was in 12U.

The reason why everyone that has been through this (parents of older girls) seems so condescending, is b/c we are remembering how crazy 10U & 12U parents are & how crazy we use to be when our daughters played at that age group. We could spend the whole season telling you what are the important things to focus on for your daughter as she goes through 10 & 12U softball, but you would spend that whole time trying to convince us how we just don't understand and that it is different for you & your daughter b/c YOU know what she needs. It is just hilarious.

I always try to read through the 10u & 12U posts just to put a smile on my face.

I am sure all the teams mentioned here are as good as everyone states, but in 10U you don't know what will happen at Nationals, b/c there are still all of those unseen studs that are still in rec that will come out after All-Stars that always seem to tip the balance on one team or another.

10U & 12U parents please continue to post as us "parents of the older girls" will continue to enjoy these classic threads. What age group is "DANNI" in now?
ocdad

PreviousNext

Return to CA